Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 06-01-2017, 10:21 PM
Master
Becoming vegetarian, personal video

I don't know if your have to be a facebook member to access this, but its 'revelation' in action, I think!

https://www.facebook.com/garytvcom/v...8176737904239/
Old 07-01-2017, 04:30 PM
Experiencer

I saw that video last week and I thought it was very good. The fact that James is young, healthy and good looking helps to 'sell' the concept to more young people.
Old 09-01-2017, 03:18 PM
Master
Boy I can totally relate to his question 4 minutes in: If we don't have to eat animals - if NOT eating them is actually healthier - WHY ARE WE KILLING AND EATING THEM?! Had the identical epiphany years ago. Sky-opening-up-and-light-shining-down sort of thing.
Old 09-01-2017, 03:28 PM
Master
Wool is exploitation of animals? Have to disagree there. There is a point where conscious awareness goes off the rails and becomes belief fanaticism. As in the difference between Love God, and Love God or burn in Hell.
Old 09-01-2017, 06:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Wool is exploitation of animals? Have to disagree there. There is a point where conscious awareness goes off the rails and becomes belief fanaticism. As in the difference between Love God, and Love God or burn in Hell.
Old 10-01-2017, 03:49 AM
Experiencer

Sorry, triple post and I don't know why it did this????
Experiencer

Sorry, triple post?????
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile

Do you know why that is the consensus in the vegan community?

Merino sheep are bred to have a skin that is a little 'large' which means they produce more wool than the average sheep. In Australia, which produces the majority of the worlds wool (so I've heard), when the lambs are very young, they are strapped into a frame and then, using a pair of shears, a hand size chunk of skin is cut off their backsides on either side of their tails. This is to prevent fly strike which simply means that when the wool gets dirty from manure and urine, the flies get in there and begin laying eggs and then the larvae feed on the sheets flesh. Cutting this hand size chunk of skin and flesh off heals with a smooth, bare scar. At the same time, their tails are cut off with the same shears.

As the sheep are being sheared, they are manhandled and abused, their skin is often torn while being sheared and then the shearers sew them back up without any anesthetic. Their pain and terror must be incredible.

After a certain age, they no longer grow nice wool, so they are loaded up onto livestock trucks, hauled to the harbour and then shipped on open ships to Indonesia, Gaza, Malaysia, etc., where they are further abused (if they survive the filthy, overcrowded and horribly hot ships that is) and then have their throats sliced open without even the benefit of stunning. Moslems are horrific in how they treat these animals and if you start looking at the various and numerous videos covering halal slaughter, cattle abuse Indonesia, etc., you will be appalled. An animal rights group in Australia filmed the horrors in slaughterhouses in both Indonesia one year and Egypt another and the Australian government actually stopped the live transport for about 6 months in each case because the cruelty towards cattle and sheep was so egregious and profound, until some slight improvements were made although in recent undercover investigations since, the conditions have not actually improved all that much because the problem of people not caring about the animals hasn't changed. They still don't care.

Yes, sheep are abused and exploited at every stage of their lives. Frankly, except for our pets, it can rightly be said that every animal used by humans is exploited and abused in some fashion. And this has nothing to do with consciousness or awareness or how close you are to 'righteous awareness' or fanaticism, but everything to do with hurting and terrorizing helpless animals without care or concern for their feelings and well being.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:56 PM
Master
Thanks Debrah. That was educational. I was referring more to the sheep farm I worked on as a teenager: the animals were treated well, never abused. Farms like that, of which there are many no doubt. It comes down to world view at a certain point. I'm not an activist so I don't look at the world in the same way an activist does.
Old 10-01-2017, 01:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrah
Do you know why that is the consensus in the vegan community?
Ahhh ... I take back my . Had no idea the 'exploitation' thang had become so bad in relation to sheep reared for wool. Gave up eating eggs when I was educated about (often, usually?) happened to chickens when their production 'rates' eventually declined. Gave up milk when I was educated about how milking cows (not to mention their male calves!!!) were treated.

The human susceptibility to being seduced by the lure of self-ish gain/profit not realizing it's a devil-ishly baited hook ...

Thanks for the education, Debrah!