Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 10-03-2012, 10:36 PM
shareunity

Question people speaking in tongues...?

Why does it happen ?
Have you witnessed it ?
Why do people speak in tongues as they pray or which ever?
Hmm...somebody care to explain ? Thank u bunches

- shareunity.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:27 PM
Administrator

Hi Shareunity,

I have seen mediums speak in tongues i have done it myself i couldnt tell u what i was saying as it was a foreign language but the person who the message was for understood every word, i have seen this done many times,
i have also seen born again christians speak in tongues when they pray i have also seen them really shake. they say its because the holly spirit has come so close to them,
to speak the wordmakes it more powerful,

Namaste
Old 11-03-2012, 04:43 AM
CatChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shareunity
Why does it happen ?
Have you witnessed it ?
Why do people speak in tongues as they pray or which ever?
Hmm...somebody care to explain ? Thank u bunches

- shareunity.

I have seen charismatic Christians speaking in tongues, falling down, shaking and waving their hands in the air. It just gave me the creeps and I just couldn't buy it.

That said- I have seen channellers who spoke in different languages, where there was some form of interpreter. During these channelings, there was no shaking, falling down etc. The only thing I have ever seen that was remotely physical, was the physical transformation of a woman in the next city from me who channels an Aboriginal Elder. When she channels him, her face changes, her posture and walk changes, and she is able to bring her arms and hands into the prayer position only on her back and shoulders blades. Also her voice and accent changed.

The only time I ever saw a 'New Age' channeling that had any semblance of charismatic feel to it, was when I saw Grandmother Chandra live in person. I went with my best friend, and we both picked up on a lot of falsity and felt awkward to vocalize it while we were at the event.

Last edited by CatChild : 11-03-2012 at 07:08 AM.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:13 AM
Master
I personally don't think talking in tongues is anything to do with being a holy roller, rolling around and talking gibberish. We all talk a new language when we are coming from our inner Being, its a language that the carnal minded don't understand. But there are many who think that they are special because they talk gibberish, they think that they are blessed by the holy spirit, they even make others in the church feel inferior because they don't talk this gibberish.

Its just all a misinterpretation of scripture which so many do, and hence, so many belief systems.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:58 AM
Newfreedom9

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
We all talk a new language when we are coming from our inner Being

I would agree with this. In church when I was a Christian I was "baptised in the holy spirit" and they said to just let it come and I would speak in tongues.. I had actually felt like speaking in tongues before that but hadn't because I didn't know if it was "real". But now I can whenever I want. I think it's like most things, we know other languages but we've forgotten we know. So if we find a way to believe we can and seek it, it comes. I do believe in channeling too, but I've never done that. I've never shaken and fallen down either, so I don't know what that is all about, but there's my experience with tongues...
Old 07-06-2012, 05:05 AM
S-word

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
I personally don't think talking in tongues is anything to do with being a holy roller, rolling around and talking gibberish. We all talk a new language when we are coming from our inner Being, its a language that the carnal minded don't understand. But there are many who think that they are special because they talk gibberish, they think that they are blessed by the holy spirit, they even make others in the church feel inferior because they don't talk this gibberish.

Its just all a misinterpretation of scripture which so many do, and hence, so many belief systems.

I have witnessed certain individuals who, while in a state of deep meditation, or hypnosis, appear to relive a past life, which I believe is simply a merging of the present mind with the living mind of one of their apparent dead ancestors, where, through the senses of their ancestor in the past, they are able to experience the life and environment of that time, and while in their present apparent comatose state, they speak in the tongue of their ancient ancestor, a language which they of the present have never before heard.

It is my belief that the mind of the past, who has received a visitation of the mind of one of his far distant, and at that point in time, unborn descendant of the future, through the mind of his as yet unborn descendant, the ancestor receives visions of the future: visions for which in his day, the terminology to express that which he is seeing, had not yet evolved.

To him, a Black Hawk Helicopter would be seen as a grasshopper that spits fire from its tail, with wings above its head that roar with the sound of a mighty waterfall as it moves.

Perhaps one day, you may receive a visitation from one of your as yet unborn descendants of the future, and through the visions you receive while merged with their fourth dimensional mind, you may babble incoherent words in a language of the far and distant future, as you utter prophetic words of things that have happened in their already determined past, but which, are yet in your undetermined future.

Just as we, who are micro universal bodies, which are created in the image and likeness of the macro universal body, develop a mind/spirit, that is the controlling godhead to our bodies, so too, the macro universal body has evolved within itself a Supreme Personality of Godhead, which is the greater evolved "collective mind" of mankind, or the "Light of Man," who was the light and the life within the creative God at the beginning of this cycle of universal activity.

To the scientist, “Mankind” is the observable most high in the creation, and Lord of creatures, to the true religious mind, Mankind, who is the physical most high to have evolved within the macro body, is but the prototype of the Most High invisible Mind/Spirit to have evolved and he is “The Son of Man” who is Lord of all spirits and the supreme personality of Godhead and ruler of this created universal body.

Just as it is possible for you, the mind/spirit, to pass through the veil into the inner most sanctuary, which veil has now been torn, giving you access to the holy of holies within, and there, communicate with your seemingly dead ancestors in their own particular point in time, so too the “Son of Man,” who dwells in the higher and invisible dimension, can descend into his dead past, within his universal body, and communicate with his ancestral minds who dwell within him.

Come travel with me on a journey through time;
Not in some capsule, but in our minds.
To the inner most sanctuary will we descend,
To the single cell from which your body began.
In the Holy of Holies, where all is one,
Where all of space and time is joined.
We'll mingle there with other minds,
From other lands, in other times.
Minds of the past who seem dead and gone
And minds of the future, who are yet unborn.
For they in THEIR time, whether here on this world,
Or some distant planet to which they've been lured,
Will enter their inner most sanctuary too,
And there perhaps, they might merge with you.
Ah! To travel through space in the wink of an eye
Merged with your child from some world way on high,
And if this is but madness, then madness it be,
So come my mad brothers, come, fly with me....By S-word.

A two dimensional being, having width and breadth, but no height, could only experience a one dimensional world. All shapes to that being, whether they are square, circular, triangles, etc, etc, would appear as one dimensional lines, unless it was lifted up by some outside force in order to look down from above on his two dimensional world.

So too, we, the invisible fourth dimensional minds that are developing in these three dimensional bodies, are able to descend through time and visit our (Not dead) but living ancestors in their point in time, and while merged with our minds, they will speak in the tongues of angels/spirits, who ascend and descend on the heads of man.

There are of course, those actors who roll around the floor talking gibberish, like someone possessed of demons.

Last edited by S-word : 07-06-2012 at 06:41 AM.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:47 AM
shareunity

:( sounds scary. Does that mean that when I person is speaking in tongues
A higher power or spirit is in ya? Sounds like jibberish to me. But then again Idk..
About the whole shaking...voice change..body lang and all that ?? Eeek. It's not demons ?

I guess I can kinda understand if a person was channeling wit someone a person knew

Sigh.

Thank you evrybody xoxoxoxo
Old 11-03-2012, 10:01 AM
Guide

I believe that people can speak in tongues and that it is a gift of the spirit that anyone can participate in.

I think speaking in tongues is emotional communication to God. It is our spirit praying. When we give up control of our thoughts and words, we can let our spirit say the things that we truely want to say.

Most communication is more non-verbal than verbal, and I think that people that talk in tongues, generally tend to be better communicators.

Tongues doesn't have to be a mystical thing, it could be done in the privacy of your room. You just focus on a feeling that you want to convey to God, and you just start making happy loving sounds, whatever, just let go and let God take control. Most of us are afraid of letting go in this way.

Anyway, I like what Paul said, when he said that if would like people to speak in tongues, but he would rather they prophesie.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:26 PM
Newfreedom9

I think most the time it is our Self, our true Self. Our Spirits are much older then this lifetime and have access to all languages.

As for being a medium.. it could be "demons" someone is channeling or "angels". Really those are just terms, there are many beings out there that we know little of right now. Test the spirits. The message and the fruits of it will tell you all you need to know. If someone who is channeling is giving postive messages that uplift themselves and others.. it's from a positive being. And the other way round.
Old 30-06-2012, 06:21 AM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfreedom9
I think most the time it is our Self, our true Self.
This sounds as good as any other explanation....

I have this occur pretty much daily, over the last 20 yrs.
I'm not a Christian however ,never read the bible, but know for me....
it's usually like bold text .
An energy that emphasizes a specially meaningful spiritual truth I think, hear or read. And expresses itself in a language I'm unfamiliar with.

To those who haven't experienced it personally it no doubt seems weird , possibly scary.
Yet ridiculing-demeaning others experiences in these (spiritual) forums seems unchristian, even for non christians posting here.
But I suppose that's the risk one takes by speaking-sharing ones "truth"