Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 02-06-2018, 08:21 PM
Knower

To healers who offer paid services or anyone who personally knows such healers

I think there needs to be greater accountability in this business. When going to websites the only reviews potentially from real people are ones that are chosen by the healers and paint them in a good light.

There is too much risk for fraudulent activity, and little in the way of verification of ones skills or capabilities in handling a varying degrees of cases.

I think it should be at the forefront of anyone's mind who truly wants to do service to set up a review system that automatically places reviews on the site, good and bad, without approval.

Spam or haters could be avoided by having a system like Amazon that shows verified purchases or making people create accounts and then offer reviews only for reviewed services.

If there are disputes that are unreasonable you can respond to the customers concerns publicly, and show why they are being unreasonable. But hiding that from potential clients shows nothing but untrustworthiness.

And even aside from pure ability, I've had a case where a woman wasn't strong enough to help me and admitted that after our first session. And that is all well and good, but alerting other potential clients of hers with problems are severe as mine on her website would help prevent others from spending money there when they don't need to.

I understand it's a business. But there needs to be accountability and transparency. And if the goal is really to help people, that should be welcomed.

So I ask that you consider this or talk to those you know who offer services. Even if they don't have a website or anything, just putting themselves on some sort of site where customers can leave honest reviews and anyone considering them can find and rate them would be immensely helpful.

I'm welcome to any discussion about this because I think it could only benefit the community.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:03 PM
Administrator
A healer unless medically qualified should not be charging for their services

anyone with the ability to heal or send healing thoughts.out to anyone would not charge you anyway.
be it over the internet or not

Namaste
Old 05-06-2018, 07:46 AM
Knower

It is mostly a matter of how it is presented.

Case in point, I knew a man who was here on a unique mission. He was not here living out his life like anyone else. He truly was special. (I know he came here alone while most of us come in groups). He had a strong connection to the source and was effective at bringing in healing energy. At some point in his life he was traveling and his car broke down. It was some very small town people did not notice on their way from A to Z. He set up shop there and eventually had a booming business based on donations. It turned out there was a significant population of elderly in the area. He got by living simply. Word of mouth spread and his reputation reached across then outside the state. He drew in some people with a network of associates. Eventually he was making trips to various countries with a doctor who gave up her practice to do something holistic. She had the wherewithal to plan and arrange the trips. He was able to tag along and do his thing. But they were friends and co-healers sharing the adventures together. When I experienced one of his treatments I felt the point of view of the woman I was in a relationship with. She had the same experience of my perspective in her session. It was amazing. He could also do readings for people. It was not a healing for either of us but he did help many people feel better. He was a diabetic, his health deteriorated and eventually passed away. From what I observed of his life he lived for the source doing his God's work. He worked for free but accepted donations for what he did. He relied on those of course. He had needs to exist in this world. He was selfless with his talent. It was easy to be his friend. We had several conversations revealing his desire for a nice car. He wanted a Mercedes Benz. He just happened to like the make. They are nice cars. I lost touch with him for at least a decade and I was tracking him down when I learned he had passed away. I hope he was able to own his Mercedes. He deserved one. He was selfless and humble but he had every right to request a fee for what he did for people. (He didn't but he would not have been wrong to do it). Any talent and ability is a gift whether it is being good with numbers in accounting, singing, mechanical ability, cooking, psychic reading or healing it is all the same. You have to eat, wear clothing, be able to take care of your teeth, get around, sleep in a safe shelter and so on. Healing is wonderful but it is a gift like any other and the vessel deserves compensation. No one is expected to work for nothing. As long as you are not making false claims and taking advantage of people you are worth something and that is demonstrated in the way people pay you for what you do. God/the source is within everyone and we share that when we treat one another well and fairly. It would not be fair denying anyone compensation for their work.
Old 05-06-2018, 10:40 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0A0o
Any talent and ability is a gift whether it is being good with numbers in accounting, singing, mechanical ability, cooking, psychic reading or healing it is all the same. You have to eat, wear clothing, be able to take care of your teeth, get around, sleep in a safe shelter and so on. Healing is wonderful but it is a gift like any other and the vessel deserves compensation. No one is expected to work for nothing. As long as you are not making false claims and taking advantage of people you are worth something and that is demonstrated in the way people pay you for what you do. God/the source is within everyone and we share that when we treat one another well and fairly. It would not be fair denying anyone compensation for their work.

I totally agree with this. I want to add the Arts, Music, some people can sing or compose or paint pieces of art that give so much inner peace, understanding, inspiration, hope, enjoyment and relaxation to people. In order to reach many others they usually sign up with a label and earn good money. I feel they deserve it.

Nice story about your friend btw
Old 05-06-2018, 02:56 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit

anyone with the ability to heal or send healing thoughts.out to anyone would not charge you anyway.

Namaste

I must ask if you're a healer?

First thing i learned during reiki and while learning psychic development and during shaman apprenticeship is that nothing is free. If you don't charge it will have a negative impact on you.

This is like expecting a baker to spend a few days making you a 5 tier cake for free just becasue they are good at baking. How would the baker feed them self to continue doing it?
Old 06-06-2018, 11:31 AM
Experiencer

Quote:

Namaste

This is my view also
Old 07-06-2018, 01:13 AM
Master
Quote:

Namaste

I agree. A true healer will not be motivated by money. Imagine if Jesus had asked for payment

Healing is a spiritual gift, not a mundane job. Finding a real one is likely to be hard unfortunately.
Old 07-06-2018, 05:19 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by django
I agree. A true healer will not be motivated by money. Imagine if Jesus had asked for payment

Healing is a spiritual gift, not a mundane job. Finding a real one is likely to be hard unfortunately.

I respectfully disagree and am skeptical of this.

Trying to gain money does not automatically mean greed. Money is just a tool, and how it’s used is what makes it so. Just like different talents are tools — tools we can use for good or bad.

In some communities, especially the spiritual, there seems to be discrimination between anyone who’s looking for riches as “evil”. If they’re all so, then why are there rich businessmen and women out there who donate majority of their millions to those in need?

Giving everything to others is unhelpful. Imagine a relationship where only one person does everything to the other without getting anything back. It would be abusive. Money is not mutually exclusive with true kind intentions, so I don’t see what you mean.

No matter how kind we are, we still have a physical body that needs food, rest, shelter and water — meaning we need money from a job. Imagine if Jesus had no way to have the basic needs he had. He’d die before he would be able to share his gifts.

Some are truly greedy as some say, but for those who are kind and use it for others, I’d personally feel very happy that they can find the opportunities they need to make a better life for themselves and others.

But if you have a different idea to explain, then feel free to tell me.
Old 07-06-2018, 11:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerendipityLizard
I respectfully disagree and am skeptical of this.

Trying to gain money does not automatically mean greed. Money is just a tool, and how it’s used is what makes it so. Just like different talents are tools — tools we can use for good or bad.

In some communities, especially the spiritual, there seems to be discrimination between anyone who’s looking for riches as “evil”. If they’re all so, then why are there rich businessmen and women out there who donate majority of their millions to those in need?

Giving everything to others is unhelpful. Imagine a relationship where only one person does everything to the other without getting anything back. It would be abusive. Money is not mutually exclusive with true kind intentions, so I don’t see what you mean.

No matter how kind we are, we still have a physical body that needs food, rest, shelter and water — meaning we need money from a job. Imagine if Jesus had no way to have the basic needs he had. He’d die before he would be able to share his gifts.

Some are truly greedy as some say, but for those who are kind and use it for others, I’d personally feel very happy that they can find the opportunities they need to make a better life for themselves and others.

But if you have a different idea to explain, then feel free to tell me.

Hi Serendipity Lizard, I respectfully acknowledge your respectful disagreement

I am a healer, after about two years I had a dream saying 'If you want to go any further, you absolutely cannot charge anything for healing, ever,' and in my dream I had to sign a contract to this effect. When I woke up I thought about it for a day or two, and made a promise that I would never charge, no matter what.

Things like looking after monetary life matters have to be placed in the hands of the Gods, either do some other work and offer healings free, or go the whole hog and trust that God will provide.
Old 08-06-2018, 01:25 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Hi Serendipity Lizard, I respectfully acknowledge your respectful disagreement

I am a healer, after about two years I had a dream saying 'If you want to go any further, you absolutely cannot charge anything for healing, ever,' and in my dream I had to sign a contract to this effect. When I woke up I thought about it for a day or two, and made a promise that I would never charge, no matter what.

Things like looking after monetary life matters have to be placed in the hands of the Gods, either do some other work and offer healings free, or go the whole hog and trust that God will provide.

Interesting input. Though as a medium, asking a spirt recently on his opinion who’s seen these situations before — some healers are called to not ask for payment and others should. Not every healer’s case will be the same as yours.

Some may very well be able to do great things in their healing even without monetary reward, but for others, payment from healing can be their only option to survive with little education and opportunities.

And sometimes there needs to be some self responsibility — as even the universe can’t provide everything to everyone perfectly. If it could, everyone would have happy lives, but sadly, very few feel entirely fulfilled.