Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 22-10-2019, 02:58 PM
Pathfinder
Spiritual Development websites?

There’s so many sites out there offering advice but how do you know which are genuine & not just money spinners? Is there an obvious way to differentiate?
Old 22-10-2019, 04:29 PM
Master

real spiritual sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony1007
There’s so many sites out there offering advice but how do you know which are genuine & not just money spinners? Is there an obvious way to differentiate?

The ones seeking monetary material gains/ offering spiritual development in very short time for money can be fake ones .
Old 22-10-2019, 09:16 PM
Master

In my opinion, avoid those that ask for money in return for their services; even asking for donations is suspect.

If you're sincere in your wish for spiritual development, start reading (avoid self-help books), and as you advance, you'll find that you'll serendipitously encounter useful guidance. Read only to form a foundation, and to get pointed in new directions.

Don't put your faith in anybody's teachings. You'll eventually find your way, and acquire first hand knowledge.

PS: Funny, but has some truth ...
Those who can't, teach.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 22-10-2019, 10:04 PM
Administrator
Any site asking for money needs to be avoided word of mouth is the best way to find what you are looking for.
you cant do any better than here.read the posts you will find something that resonates with you

Namaste
Old 22-10-2019, 10:49 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
In my opinion, avoid those that ask for money in return for their services; even asking for donations is suspect.

If you're sincere in your wish for spiritual development, start reading (avoid self-help books), and as you advance, you'll find that you'll serendipitously encounter useful guidance. Read only to form a foundation, and to get pointed in new directions.

Don't put your faith in anybody's teachings. You'll eventually find your way, and acquire first hand knowledge.

PS: Funny, but has some truth ...
Those who can't, teach.

Reading was the first advice I gave myself. I’ve read solidly for 2 months & 3 days now. After posting this today I’ve had a major breakthrough.. It involves a lion, a leopard & the number 22. My journey continues...

Thanks for your insight. Love that quote..Those who can’t, teach. Never heard it before but love it nonetheless 😀😀
Old 23-10-2019, 02:35 AM
Master

Quote:
Reading was the first advice I gave myself. I’ve read solidly for 2 months & 3 days now. After posting this today I’ve had a major breakthrough.. It involves a lion, a leopard & the number 22. My journey continues...

Thanks for your insight. Love that quote..Those who can’t, teach. Never heard it before but love it nonetheless 😀😀

After a significantly longer quest than 2 months, I believe that we can get closest to truths, answers, and guidance only by looking inside ourselves. The best way to do that, in my experience, is to (learn to) get into trance (I recommend self-hypnosis), and do channeling, regressions, asking questions and receiving answers. That's what I do. It is incredible!

If you prefer a shortcut, until you get your own answers, the best alternative source is Jane Roberts' SETH (a spirit) books. There are many sites that discuss the SETH material. You can also find SETH quote collections (SETH books add up to thousands of pages on a large number of subjects). There are other channels too, but none of them comes close to SETH.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 23-10-2019, 09:47 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
After a significantly longer quest than 2 months, I believe that we can get closest to truths, answers, and guidance only by looking inside ourselves. The best way to do that, in my experience, is to (learn to) get into trance (I recommend self-hypnosis), and do channeling, regressions, asking questions and receiving answers. That's what I do. It is incredible!

If you prefer a shortcut, until you get your own answers, the best alternative source is Jane Roberts' SETH (a spirit) books. There are many sites that discuss the SETH material. You can also find SETH quote collections (SETH books add up to thousands of pages on a large number of subjects). There are other channels too, but none of them comes close to SETH.

Thank you for your wonderful advice. I can see how I must sound like an impatient child! I’m 50, & trying to cram 20 years of signs I ignored & fast track into spirituality! I must realise these things can’t be rushed & slow down 😀

I will take your advice & source the SETH material. Thanks again
Old 24-10-2019, 09:00 PM
Suspended
Smile

Quote:

I wrote a response on this but, it magically disappeared from my phone as I was reaching to end so, I am rewriting this.

No spiritual person/website/organization I know of, is going to ask you for money for your spiritual advancement/development/enlightment and to "enlighten you", whatever this enlightment/development/advancement exactly means for "them".

That is just exploitation and a big red flag for it.

A quick way to differentiate is to be connected to your feelings, trust them and act upon them.

If in any way, you feel uncomfortable and creates confusion, do not know what to make of it, just do not go there and simply avoid.

All the best, take care.