Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 13-12-2011, 12:11 AM
Mayflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
But see, you got a post anyway!

What a silly post! I like it. I don't think God wants to be separated from his creations anymore than they want to be separated from Him.

O my gosh, it occurs to me as I am writing this, this could be going down into a pretty deep rabbit hole. I love it.
Old 13-12-2011, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tainamom
I feel that the Ultimate God doesn't need anything from us, but for us to do "his/her/it's" work, we need to give our love and give up our own will to let God do it's Will upon us.
Could you explain more on what is meant by the Ultimate God?

Xan, what does Hahahaha mean?
Haha, of course He needs -or how preposterous to think He needs....?

And then why do you say what ever you will say...?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-12-2011, 12:31 AM
Mayflow

Miss Hepburn, is there some reason you do not think you too are God?
Old 13-12-2011, 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow
Miss Hepburn, is there some reason you do not think you too are God?
I never said that, btw.

And it doesn't matter to me what I think - what matters to me is what I experience.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-12-2011, 01:23 PM
Master
I share:
What I have experienced, that I refer to as an awakening of sorts, is that there is this "only-ness" that is likened unto awareness. It is not "oneness". There was no others.
I say it is likened unto awareness because it "awares" and what I sensed was, that by the very nature that it "awares", it "un-awares".
THIS/form, represents it "un-awaring" and without which there would be no "awaring".
It wasn't like it "needed" to perpetuate this endless cycle. It was it's nature. A two sided coin. Eternal.
It is like this "un-awaring" is happening in the mind of awareness only.
Blessings, James
Old 13-12-2011, 02:53 PM
Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow
What a silly post! I like it. I don't think God wants to be separated from his creations anymore than they want to be separated from Him.

O my gosh, it occurs to me as I am writing this, this could be going down into a pretty deep rabbit hole. I love it.

Hee Hee, I think you're right. And same here.
Old 13-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
And it doesn't matter to me what I think - what matters to me is what I experience.
I wish more would see it this way.

God bless you!
Old 13-12-2011, 03:48 PM
Master
I felt blessed/relieved to realize years ago that I can experience anything.
ANYTHING.......
From that point on I don't put too much emphasis on them. I have learned to not attach to them.
They can become our God IMO.
Not to take away from how anyone feels about them or trying to have a debate..........
just sharing.

Blessings, James
Old 13-12-2011, 04:09 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
I felt blessed/relieved to realize years ago that I can experience anything.
ANYTHING.......
From that point on I don't put too much emphasis on them. I have learned to not attach to them.
They can become our God IMO.
Not to take away from how anyone feels about them or trying to have a debate..........
just sharing.

Blessings, James
The mind is amazingly plastic and responsive to suggestion.

Meditation is precisely a powerful spiritual tool because it allows one to clear the mind and connect with spirit directly. At the same time, IME there are many 'layers' of perception to get through starting with normal consciousness before one breaks through and fully transcends.

IMO there are appropriate situations for one to work with the plastic nature of mind to facilitate a particular kind of experience or insight. There is also an appropriate time to work to 'let go' of it all in perfect openness.

I see there is a tendency for people to have a transcendental experience, and once they have experienced this, just as they did in normal consciousness, claim it the end and ultimate experience.

Just as you refer to WS, this is just another clinging to our own experience as defining the universe.

My experience does not define the universe - rather, I see my experience of full openness as defining me.

What is this Cosmic Love but full openness - a concept of Creation both permeating and beyond form, both imminent and transcendent?

Yes, this experience does change one forever.
Old 13-12-2011, 04:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
The mind is amazingly plastic and responsive to suggestion.

Meditation is precisely a powerful spiritual tool because it allows one to clear the mind and connect with spirit directly. At the same time, IME there are many 'layers' of perception to get through starting with normal consciousness before one breaks through and fully transcends.

IMO there are appropriate situations for one to work with the plastic nature of mind to facilitate a particular kind of experience or insight. There is also an appropriate time to work to 'let go' of it all in perfect openness.

I see there is a tendency for people to have a transcendental experience, and once they have experienced this, just as they did in normal consciousness, claim it the end and ultimate experience.

Just as you refer to WS, this is just another clinging to our own experience as defining the universe.

My experience does not define the universe - rather, I see my experience of full openness as defining me.

What is this Cosmic Love but full openness - a concept of Creation both permeating and beyond form, both imminent and transcendent?

Yes, this experience does change one forever.

Very nice!
I especially like this part: