Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 23-10-2019, 04:10 PM
Xavier Perez-Pons Xavier Perez-Pons is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 11
 
Why do evil things happen to good people?

We should not expect rewards in this world for being good people. Because the physical world is arbitrary. The reward will come later, once we have returned home, which is the spiritual world where we came from and where we will return when we die. There are bad people who are lucky in this life, and good people who have a hard time. That has always been the case. The sun rises every morning for both the good and the bad. An earthquake affects the good and bad people of a given region without distinction. Life does not discriminate between good and bad people. But true life, the one that awaits us after death, that does discriminate, you can be sure. So all the good deeds you do in this life will have their reward and the bad ones their punishment. But in due time.
But realize that, sometimes, the spiritual world intervenes in certain situations of the physical world. It is what has been called “miracles”: angelic or divine interventions that punctually, perhaps as a result of a prayer, interfere with chance.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 24-10-2019, 07:30 AM
Busby Busby is offline
Master
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,036
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier Perez-Pons
But realize that, sometimes, the spiritual world intervenes in certain situations of the physical world. It is what has been called “miracles”: angelic or divine interventions that punctually, perhaps as a result of a prayer, interfere with chance.

Perhaps you could give us a few examples - I've never seen or heard of any.
__________________


What dreams may come when we have shuffled off this mortal coil.
Hamlet



What does a frog in a pond know of the world's oceans??
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 24-10-2019, 09:07 AM
hazada guess hazada guess is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: united Kingdom
Posts: 302
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier Perez-Pons
We should not expect rewards in this world for being good people. Because the physical world is arbitrary. The reward will come later, once we have returned home, which is the spiritual world where we came from and where we will return when we die. There are bad people who are lucky in this life, and good people who have a hard time. That has always been the case. The sun rises every morning for both the good and the bad. An earthquake affects the good and bad people of a given region without distinction. Life does not discriminate between good and bad people. But true life, the one that awaits us after death, that does discriminate, you can be sure. So all the good deeds you do in this life will have their reward and the bad ones their punishment. But in due time.
But realize that, sometimes, the spiritual world intervenes in certain situations of the physical world. It is what has been called “miracles”: angelic or divine interventions that punctually, perhaps as a result of a prayer, interfere with chance.

I agree with what you say,though I could do with a few miracles at the moment.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 24-10-2019, 01:07 PM
SlayerOfLight SlayerOfLight is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 2,636
  SlayerOfLight's Avatar
From my perspective, because Karma is bullsh#t. For a more detailed explanation, see the quote in my signature. But just wondering, what kind of ''reward'' awaits in the afterlife? Something akin to 72 virgins?
__________________
People don't get what they deserve. They just get what they get. There's nothing any of us can do about it. - dr. Gregory House
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 24-10-2019, 02:22 PM
JustASimpleGuy JustASimpleGuy is offline
Guide
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Adirondack Mountains, Upstate NY
Posts: 578
  JustASimpleGuy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier Perez-Pons
The reward will come later, once we have returned home, which is the spiritual world where we came from and where we will return when we die.

Be the calm within the midst of whirlwind and the reward is in the here and now, regardless what's swirling around you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier Perez-Pons
But true life, the one that awaits us after death...

True life is available now. No need to wait.

In Luke 17:20b-21, Jesus said, “The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed, nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is in your midst (or, within you.)” The kingdom is of Heaven is here with us now.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 24-10-2019, 02:57 PM
Sunshine111 Sunshine111 is offline
Guide
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 551
  Sunshine111's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Be the calm within the midst of whirlwind and the reward is in the here and now, regardless what's swirling around you.



True life is available now. No need to wait.

In Luke 17:20b-21, Jesus said, “The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed, nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is in your midst (or, within you.)” The kingdom is of Heaven is here with us now.

I absolutely agree with this.
__________________
"Remember, the sun always shines and is there even if you cannot see it. Even if it's cloudy, raining or snowing" , words of friend.

For me, The Truth is like The Sun.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 24-10-2019, 03:08 PM
Sunshine111 Sunshine111 is offline
Guide
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 551
  Sunshine111's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier Perez-Pons
We should not expect rewards in this world for being good people. Because the physical world is arbitrary. The reward will come later, once we have returned home, which is the spiritual world where we came from and where we will return when we die. There are bad people who are lucky in this life, and good people who have a hard time. That has always been the case. The sun rises every morning for both the good and the bad. An earthquake affects the good and bad people of a given region without distinction. Life does not discriminate between good and bad people. But true life, the one that awaits us after death, that does discriminate, you can be sure. So all the good deeds you do in this life will have their reward and the bad ones their punishment. But in due time.
But realize that, sometimes, the spiritual world intervenes in certain situations of the physical world. It is what has been called “miracles”: angelic or divine interventions that punctually, perhaps as a result of a prayer, interfere with chance.

Genuinely "good people", act from their hearts, with love and have no expectations for any "good action" or "good" they do in others and the ability to bring joy or even a smile on the faces of others, they genuinely "do good" is their reward in this life and earth.

It feels heaven to be able to uplift and shift the energy and vibration of another just with your presence and meeting you for minutes, even to save a life.

"Lucky life" doesn't necessarily mean to have lots of money in the bank account or that another may wish for in the material world and does not have. I don't believe in luck or chance or coincidence anyway.

If life gives me sh*t then, I leave them out in the sun to dry and wait until they dry. When it does, I use it as food for the flowers or seeds of flowers I planted in my garden.
__________________
"Remember, the sun always shines and is there even if you cannot see it. Even if it's cloudy, raining or snowing" , words of friend.

For me, The Truth is like The Sun.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 24-10-2019, 03:15 PM
Tuesday Tuesday is online now
Knower
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 231
 
Karma is the key word here. Also probably the most misunderstood concept of them all.
You receive what is inside you, what is your intention, what is your level or clarity.
It's not the winning of the lottery or being famous that is the reward. Those big things have nothing to do with how good you are. If you are full of ****, you can't enjoy either of them. Or life in general. But you might receive them.
But if you do have a healthy body and mind and gratitude, you will enjoy a sunset as well as winning the lottery. You will also spread this joy to other people.
There are people who are paralyzed and still enjoy life. Why? Because joy of life isn't about how much you have, even though to most it has a big influence.
To me if i consider someone bad, it means they are going downhill in life, going about a path that eventually will make them sick. Negativity, hostility, jealosy, not enjoying the good things in life but always seeing the scary and the bad. These people are not bad, the real harm they are doing is to themselves. They get sick and can't enjoy life. I feel sad for them.
The good? They take whatever comes with an open heart and see the reward even bad times give you.

//Edit
For some reason i didn't get to read sunshine's reply before replying to this topic. But wholeheartedly agree with her/him.
__________________
I know that i do not know.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 24-10-2019, 03:24 PM
JustASimpleGuy JustASimpleGuy is offline
Guide
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Adirondack Mountains, Upstate NY
Posts: 578
  JustASimpleGuy's Avatar
“The line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts. ... And even within hearts overwhelmed by evil, one small bridgehead of good is retained." ~ Alexander Solzhenitsyn
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 24-10-2019, 06:26 PM
Altair Altair is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 1,379
  Altair's Avatar
Good and evil according to whom?

That aside, lets give one example where the ''problem of *evil*'' is explored: Imagine you and a group of friends are in the jungle. A random mosquito bites you and a few days later you get sick. You go to the doctor and it turns out you got malaria. Now your friends did not catch the disease. Only you did. Maybe it is because they put DEET on their skin and you did not, or maybe it's because you exposed too much skin. Perhaps you simply smell more alluring to the mosquitoes. Maybe you were closer to that particular mosquito..

Now what happens next is humans start looking for *meaning*, for *purpose*. There must be a reason why you, and you are such a great guy (you help your grandma carry her groceries and you give to charity) yet this happened to you, and only you. The others did not catch a disease.

Bad karma? God's wrath? You been bad to the virus and the mosquito in a past life? Are you lacking in belief and does that make you feel guilt? Will you drop to your knees and proclaim your sins and wrong deeds in your life?

Just pause and think whether these are even relevant questions! Who is looking for a ''spiritual'' explanation, and why? Is it necessary? Does it make you sleep better at night?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums