Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 10-10-2019, 05:28 PM
Newbie ;)

Terrifying Sleep Paralysis - Feeling Possessed

I had a terrifying experience last night. The dream was going normally when suddenly I wake up in sleep paralysis, everything is pitch black and I'm laying in my bed. I suddenly feel terror and I struggle to break free I start saying things I couldn't control and then my body starts spazzing out like I'm possessed or something and twitching uncontrollably. I felt an evil presence the whole time. Then I heard my dad walk by so somehow I got up and talked to him and he asked about my dream then I realized I wasn't awake then I woke up.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:28 PM
Master

It took me years to finally learn to relax and when I did relax I found out that my mind was creating all the terror, there's nothing to fear... When your mind becomes awake while you sleep, your mind enters in the panic mode because we should not normally be awake while we sleep.... My opinion is that this is happening because you are called to the spiritual realm... It's just the beginning, when you will learn to relax, you will be able to fully leave your body and have an OBE ( out of body experience ), you will fly and you will do crazy things being almost fully aware that you are outside of your body.

All the strange feelings you felt are just a product of your mind, learn to relax, there's nothing to fear... fear creates all sorts of bad experiences... There are chances for you to also experience the vibrational stage, you will feel your entire being vibrating very powerfully, don't worry, from my experience, that's what it happens when you first leave your body while being fully aware that you actually have an OBE.... By the way, to actually leave your body, while you have sleep paralysis, imagine yourself that you rise above your body, you will feel another "body" detaching from your own body and floating towards the ceiling....

Now, remember this, fear, hatred and all the negative feelings may impact badly your experiences... if you don't focus yourself on reaching a higher inner state, you may or may not experience some really nasty things... in any case, you will always return to your body, no matter what, you will return.

Well, I am talking from my own experience, I suffered years from sleep paralysis before actually reaching the state of complete peace while having it... I had many OBEs, some were really nasty but most of them were amazing!!!
Old 10-10-2019, 07:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiDash
I had a terrifying experience last night. The dream was going normally when suddenly I wake up in sleep paralysis, everything is pitch black and I'm laying in my bed. I suddenly feel terror and I struggle to break free I start saying things I couldn't control and then my body starts spazzing out like I'm possessed or something and twitching uncontrollably. I felt an evil presence the whole time. Then I heard my dad walk by so somehow I got up and talked to him and he asked about my dream then I realized I wasn't awake then I woke up.

Causes of sleep paralysis.

' Sleep paralysis happens when parts of rapid eye movement (REM) sleep occur while you're awake.

REM is a stage of sleep when the brain is very active and dreams often occur. The body is unable to move, apart from the eyes and muscles used in breathing, possibly to stop you acting out your dreams and hurting yourself.

It's not clear why REM sleep can sometimes occur while you're awake, but it has been associated with:

not getting enough sleep (sleep deprivation or insomnia)
irregular sleeping patterns – for example, because of shift work or jet lag
narcolepsy – a long-term condition that causes a person to suddenly fall asleep at inappropriate times
a family history of sleep paralysis
sleeping on your back
In many cases, sleep paralysis is a one-off or very occasional event that occurs in someone who is otherwise healthy. '

Nothing to be afraid of, nothing to do with OBE's Astral Projection or evil beings, just relax and wait for the symptoms to pass.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:39 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Causes of sleep paralysis.

' Sleep paralysis happens when parts of rapid eye movement (REM) sleep occur while you're awake.

REM is a stage of sleep when the brain is very active and dreams often occur. The body is unable to move, apart from the eyes and muscles used in breathing, possibly to stop you acting out your dreams and hurting yourself.

It's not clear why REM sleep can sometimes occur while you're awake, but it has been associated with:

not getting enough sleep (sleep deprivation or insomnia)
irregular sleeping patterns – for example, because of shift work or jet lag
narcolepsy – a long-term condition that causes a person to suddenly fall asleep at inappropriate times
a family history of sleep paralysis
sleeping on your back
In many cases, sleep paralysis is a one-off or very occasional event that occurs in someone who is otherwise healthy. '

Nothing to be afraid of, nothing to do with OBE's Astral Projection or evil beings, just relax and wait for the symptoms to pass.

Good info except the part that you can also have an OBE from it, I talk from my own experience, I did it many times and many other people did it too.