Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 02-02-2020, 05:29 PM
Master

MikeS80 . . .

If that assessment and those distinctions help you to understand Life around you . . . you are to be commended. Definition / comparison / categorization / analysis are the tools of the mind no matter if they are “extreme” or otherwise. Since we use a very little percentage of our brains . . . I do not believe we have a clue as to how it is “designed to work.”
Old 03-02-2020, 11:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop
MikeS80 . . .

If that assessment and those distinctions help you to understand Life around you . . . you are to be commended. Definition / comparison / categorization / analysis are the tools of the mind no matter if they are “extreme” or otherwise. Since we use a very little percentage of our brains . . . I do not believe we have a clue as to how it is “designed to work.”
You are correct to a certain extent. I just found out by doing some research, that my beliefs fits in with monism, which is the doctrine that only one supreme being exists and pantheism, which is a doctrine that identifies God with the universe (but I think God/nature could be nothingness outside of the universe, in a way that the universe is inside God/nature). Anything is possible and knowable when you are open to receive such knowledge as concepts when you use logic, reason, common sense and intuition in a balanced manner. I started to read Baruch Spinoza's book Ethics and his 4th axiom in that book is: The knowledge of an effect depends on and involves the knowledge of a cause. I am currently working on a post that goes into depth and detail as to why the world is the way it is.
Old 05-02-2020, 04:25 PM
Master

Would you include the conditioning of the organized religions ( east and west ) . . . philosophies . . . mental dependency of logic and reason to be included in your list of conditions we all must face while here in the psychic worlds? “Common Sense” is all but gone. It’s around . . . but those who wish to employ it do not find many agreeable acknowledgements in their thoughts that would make them “common” anymore.

I do . . . however . . . look forward to your explanation of why the world is the way it is. You keep your posts wonderfully understandable and I would imagine that such an attempt at an explanation would benefit many.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:10 PM
Master
A combination of both Mithya (false beliefs and false mental and emotional conditioning) and maya (ignorance of truth) creates all non-truths or falsehoods. Wherever there is Mithya, maya or ignorance of the truth follows. Ignorance of the truth always follows false beliefs and false mental and emotional conditioning.

"satya or satyam. It is not merely truthfulness, but that singular Truth that can never be untrue at any time, place, or circumstance. Non-dual Truth transcends, time, space, and causation. Note, that time and space create divisions. If something transcends time and space it has no limits or boundaries. Therefore, this Truth/Reality must be infinite, eternal, and indivisible, hence, all-pervading. Further, there cannot be two infinites. Thus Brahman is all there is. So what is this world?

The statement above says it is mithya, false. But what does this false mean? It means changing, impermanent, perishable, superimposed, and dependent on something else for its existence. Another great statement from the Upanisads asserts, Sarvam khalvidam Brahman, All this, indeed, is Brahman. All this (idam), meaning that all we see with our mind and senses is Brahman, but we are not recognizing it as Brahman. And this is maya, ignorance, the cause of all suffering.That one, the Eternal among non-eternals, the Intelligence of the intelligent, who though ever one fulfills the desires of the many those who realize that One as existing in their own self, to them belongs eternal peace, and to none else.

Shining like burnished gold in the luminous sheath of intelligence, the deepest core of the human being, there dwells Brahman, stainless, indivisible, and pure. That is the Light of all that shines. That is what the knowers of the Self realize."
http://www.advaita-academy.org/blogs/brahman-satya/
Old 05-05-2020, 03:22 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Says ego? ......

As to the claim that people use empathy to manipulate, this is probably a psychological phenomenon and belief. Does a truly realized person weigh like this all the time?

I doubt it. They have a higher purpose and vision. No enlightened master thinks that they are enlightened by the way.

Namaste,

JL
In an infinite universe enlightenment is a continuing pursuit
Old 05-05-2020, 03:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyfresh
In an infinite universe enlightenment is a continuing pursuit
Bingo. You never stop learning in an infinite universe.
Old 05-05-2020, 03:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop
Would you include the conditioning of the organized religions ( east and west ) . . . philosophies . . . mental dependency of logic and reason to be included in your list of conditions we all must face while here in the psychic worlds? “Common Sense” is all but gone. It’s around . . . but those who wish to employ it do not find many agreeable acknowledgements in their thoughts that would make them “common” anymore.

I do . . . however . . . look forward to your explanation of why the world is the way it is. You keep your posts wonderfully understandable and I would imagine that such an attempt at an explanation would benefit many.
The world is the way it is because of the myths/illusions people spread about the "ego" or self (like the ego is the bad guy/is an illusion), of reality and of the universe. Read my post #24. :)