Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 25-11-2019, 12:57 AM
Knower
Is it hard to become liberated or enlightened?

I've spent the last 10-15 years of meditation releasing resistance. I've had a Kundalini awakening and reached a point where I have felt the emptiness and bliss. I continue to "let go" and surrender and feel myself pulling inward into the absolute stillness. But my body has fears as it feels like dissolving or disappearing or like it thinks it's slowly dying.

But I'm not in a monastery. I don't work, but I have started going to a Buddhist Center just yesterday.

Is enlightenment about surrendering to the point where you dissolve back into the Quantum Field or absolute stillness? I have burned through much resistance over this last decade or so. I feel a peace inside, but I sometimes move too fast and can feel overwhelmed. When I was at that Buddhist Center, I was overwhelmed by the love and I cried.

I also have schizophrenia and bipolar which makes me hypersensitive emotionally if I had forgotten to take my meds.

Is enlightenment or liberation something you have to "try for"? Or am I doing it the right way through surrendering and trying to live by the 8-fold path?
Old 25-11-2019, 02:48 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoGeminiWolf
I've spent the last 10-15 years of meditation releasing resistance. I've had a Kundalini awakening and reached a point where I have felt the emptiness and bliss. I continue to "let go" and surrender and feel myself pulling inward into the absolute stillness. But my body has fears as it feels like dissolving or disappearing or like it thinks it's slowly dying.

But I'm not in a monastery. I don't work, but I have started going to a Buddhist Center just yesterday.

Is enlightenment about surrendering to the point where you dissolve back into the Quantum Field or absolute stillness? I have burned through much resistance over this last decade or so. I feel a peace inside, but I sometimes move too fast and can feel overwhelmed. When I was at that Buddhist Center, I was overwhelmed by the love and I cried.

I also have schizophrenia and bipolar which makes me hypersensitive emotionally if I had forgotten to take my meds.

Is enlightenment or liberation something you have to "try for"? Or am I doing it the right way through surrendering and trying to live by the 8-fold path?

i can't speak for the buddhist philsophy as i don't know it or any other for that matter. what i do know is bliss and silence starts from glimpses. to periods of time. to permenant. the process feels like how you described it from what i have experinced.

bliss will bring silence. silence will bring bliss. they are attracted to each other. so the expereince will intimately include both in the expereince.

in the Buddhist center there may have been others there in the expereince of bliss and silence. presence with others in that will rub off on you and intensify your experience and perhaps propelling you further along.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 25-11-2019, 06:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoGeminiWolf

We are already enlightened. Buddha Nature is "something" that you are, together with all sentient beings, the ' Something ' is already enlightened.

We don't have to try for enlightenment, we have to try to remove the delusions that stop us from realizing our Buddha Nature, so it's removing not adding...
Old 29-11-2019, 02:32 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
We are already enlightened. Buddha Nature is "something" that you are, together with all sentient beings, the ' Something ' is already enlightened.

We don't have to try for enlightenment, we have to try to remove the delusions that stop us from realizing our Buddha Nature, so it's removing not adding...

Nicely written sky123.
Old 29-11-2019, 06:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Nicely written sky123.

Thank you
Old 29-11-2019, 08:24 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Is it hard to become liberated or enlightened?

I would say it is not hard at all.
In fact, I would say it is effortless.

The only thing that is difficult is understanding
what liberation or enlightenment is.

How I interpret the phrase "we are already enlightened"
is that the state already exists as a potential, it is fully here now,
we are preventing its actualization by what we are "doing."
Old 29-11-2019, 08:47 PM
Master

From "Dreaming Yourself Awake - Lucid Dreaming and Tibetan Dream Yoga for Insight and Transformation"
by B Allan Wallace
Quote:
... One is not considered to be truly "awake" until one achieves enlightenment - the state of a Buddha, in which one has awakened to the deepest dimension of consciousness. For Buddhism, that is as awake as one can get. Until we attain the full awakening of Buddhahood, we are asleep.

... Buddhism, however, considers normal waking consciousness itself to be a dream state relative to our deepest dimension of consciousness. The Buddhist hypothesis here is that among three general states of consciousness-waking, sleeping, and dreaming-the coarsest state of consciousness, the one with the
least potential for spiritual development, with the least malleability, is, surprisingly, the ordinary waking state. In terms of the quest for spiritual advancement, what we are normally experiencing is the worst.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 30-11-2019, 12:09 AM
Master

I'm not buddhist but I agree with some of what the others said, that being that we are already enlightened. There is far more to enlightenment then just finding peace as it's about being aware of ourselves. Enlightenment is about having full awareness there and that is also knowing and being our enlightened selves.

The only part I didn't agree on with the others posts was that gaining this knowledge, moving ones full consciousness into that state is effortless. It is hard work trying to reconnect to ourselves... (reconnect is probably the wrong word to use but I cant think of a better word)

Quote:
Is enlightenment or liberation something you have to "try for"?

yes.. one needs to be focused and working on oneself to consciously access that state. Be mindful of your thoughts and deeds etc.

Quote:
Is enlightenment about surrendering to the point where you dissolve back into the Quantum Field or absolute stillness?

Ive connected to that at times but I certainly are not "this me speaking now" experiencing an enlightened state yet with this mind. Buddhist centres can be good. I used to support financially a tibetian monk and would go down to the buddhist centre to give my donation. The one I think was the head monk there, he was certainly more developed than this I and actually spoke to me via telepathy to which I before I could even think responded back to him in the same manner (not something I usually do). Being around others with more awareness can lead to new experiences. Of cause enlightenment isn't seeking out experiences but rather connecting back to yourself. Letting go of all the illusion we are under.
Old 30-11-2019, 05:08 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea-dove
The only part I didn't agree on with the others posts was that gaining this knowledge, moving ones full consciousness into that state is effortless. It is hard work trying to reconnect to ourselves... (reconnect is probably the wrong word to use but I cant think of a better word)

Yes I agree with that. But then I said the opposite huh! It takes a lot of hard work like you said. But then sometimes the best thing to ask yourself is why am I creating a conflict in the here and now by feeling I need to make this something else? Something different than it is? That's what I meant by it takes no effort. That thing we do, listening to the voice in our minds that says now is not ok in some way.

But then I can be aware now is not ok. I may feel conflicts, emotions, sadness, anger and on and on...but the guru would say none of that is a problem, it just is... everything is transitory, even this me that we create over our lifetimes, with his or her story and unique experiences, then at death we leave this identity behind. We have maybe lived 2000 incarnations with 2000 stories and identities.

How do we stop this cycle of incarnation after incarnation? We stop identifying with this story, this person,,, that's my guess anyway. Just be here now, in this moment, as it is, with full acceptance, with love, without resistance, with the self discipline and awareness needed to not get carried away by the mind. Yea easier said then done...
Old 30-11-2019, 07:22 AM
Knower
The body also has to transform to light (metaphysically) and there's a lot of internal resistance. This transformation is painful physically. So I don't see it happening all at once. I've been releasing resistance for 10-15 years.

I discovered Lama Tsongkhapa, and have been meditating on him. He was known as the second Buddha, and represents the emanation of Buddha's compassion, power and wisdom.