Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 27-10-2015, 04:08 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
If it's of interest to you....
My grandmother was born in 1894 and had a very tough life. Once, my mother told me, when my mother was younger, a beloved cat had died on her lap. My grandmother admonished her for crying, and said "There is so much in life to cry about! You don't need to be crying about a cat!"
Now my grandmother wasn't a horrible person. She was a very nice lady. She had suffered a lot -that is all. She had had many stillborn children and other troubles.

Anyway my mother told me about a very vivid dream she had a little while after my grandmother died (in 1966) In the dream, my grandmother came to her. dressed unusually in a beautiful coloured dress. She never would have worn something like that. In her arms she held a ginger cat. It was the cat who had died on my mother's lap that day.
And my grandmother said to her, "Look what I've got here!"

That's a lovely story and its the things like that that give an agnostic like me so much hope!! I know I question a lot but its just in my nature - I find my lack of faith at times disturbing myself. I do have 2 other cats that are around; one is mine and the other is a regular visitor so it helps but I miss my old Leo. Ill try and put a pic on my profile or something.

I think what I really need is my own paranormal experience but i'm aware that my scepticism may be blocking this
Old 27-10-2015, 04:13 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
Metal, regarding the bolded - this unfolding can be viewed as something that is necessary (needed to happen). There is unprocessed emotional energy surrounding your Mom's passing and these circumstances surrounding the kitty served to help bring that energy to the surface where it can be acknowledged, experienced, and released. This is important.

Yes I know it's not fun and quite challenging to experience in the moment - but this plays an important role in your healing process and you will work your way through this. Maybe somewhere down the road you may consider adopting an animal - there are plenty out there looking for good, caring homes, and I think you would enjoy the company and companionship.

Yes its very true. I think with Xmas looming and it being that my mother's birthday was Dec 31st and that she passed on the 10th of January (my Dad went on the 9th January 1982) its very much bubbling up again. I felt as if the grieving process was a ladder of 10 rungs and I was just getting a foot on rung 2 and now I feel like Im slipping back to Rung 1. It doesn't get easier.
Old 27-10-2015, 04:15 PM
Seeker
I believe it was the passing of one of my dogs that inspired me to investigate the more occult areas of life. I grieved a long time for that dog and I do hope to see him again one day.

Since then, other pets have passed. One I heard clearly bark at me when I was wide awake. She had a very distinctive bark.

Another dog came to me in a dream after we had to put him to sleep. He was down the street playing with some children (whom he loved in life). I called and he came to me. I picked him up (which I could not do in life. He was too heavy for that.) and I started to carry him back home. He wiggled free and looked at me happily and gestured toward the children. He wanted me to let him go and not worry about him, which I did.

I do think they will be waiting for me on the other side when it is my time to go.
Old 27-10-2015, 07:12 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
It doesn't get easier.

It will soon enough, give it time...
Old 27-10-2015, 11:56 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
That's a lovely story and its the things like that that give an agnostic like me so much hope!! I know I question a lot but its just in my nature - I find my lack of faith at times disturbing myself. I do have 2 other cats that are around; one is mine and the other is a regular visitor so it helps but I miss my old Leo. Ill try and put a pic on my profile or something.

I think what I really need is my own paranormal experience but i'm aware that my scepticism may be blocking this

Like you, I was very sceptical. I still have a streak of it in me.

Gosh! When I look back I can see very clearly I was given after 'death' contacts from my husband, and from a good friend who passed. My husband always said he would find a way to let me know if, when he passed over, he found there was a continued existence.

Well, some months after he'd gone I clearly heard his voice! Yes -in my head -but clear and distinct, as if it had been in the room. And no, he didn't say "I am in Heaven and there are wonderful things here....etc, and I live after death!" Instead, he was warning me about someone who had been a good acquaintance during his life! They had always been friendly and played chess together. He had always seemed like a nice enough fellow.
I could not understand this. But only a couple of weeks later caught the chap out trying to diddle me!

Oh boy! Now I would just simply take that to mean what I now know it meant. But then....I had a hundred different explanations for it! (None of them made as much sense as just accepting that my husband spoke to me! But never mind.)

A while later, I had a peculiar nightmare where I was desperately trying to find our dog. (He had passed away about 9 months after my husband.) I heard my husband call out to me -as if he was trying to get his voice to carry through a thick wall "He's HERE! He's here with me! The piddler (our nickname for the dog) is here with me, love!"
Now during that I was actually waking up, and even though I could see the room clearly, I still heard his last phrase, shouting out to me.

Sceptic as always....I dismissed that as wish fulfilment and a dream.

With my good friend, I was about to visit him in hospital, but had to take my dog for a walk first, and hospital visiting time wasn't until 2pm. Initially, in the morning at my house, there was no phone signal. Then I took the dog in a place where there was no phone signal.
Around midday, I suddenly and strongly sensed my friend. It seemed very urgent, though not unpleasant, and lasted for a few minutes. I imagined he might want me to bring something, and I wondered if somehow he'd 'tuned in' to me mentally because he was impatient for me to turn up. I acknowledged his connection, laughed to myself and thought "Oh just hang on. I won't be long." Basically, it was him -clear as anything.

Then I got in the car and drove to go to the hospital. A mile or two on, I must have hit a signal-zone because my phone bleeped with an incoming text. It was from my friend's sister. The text was timed at something like 11am, and said he had passed away that morning at 10.30.

I have learned a lot through personal experience since those days. Now in hindsight, I know those were contacts. But then, I was sceptical of most things!
Old 12-11-2015, 03:29 AM
Suspended

Animals do have a higher spiritual being in the light.

All spirit belongs to the androgynous spirit that released spirit presence as light and sound.

The greater light in spirit holds all spirit of animals in their own lower state.

When we finish and complete our spiritual healing, all spiritual life on Earth will demanifest, for this is how it was created.

Spiritual demanifestation has been proven by spiritual human beings.

When my neighbors dog passed, I saw his spirit visit them as if he was still alive...and I was totally amazed at witnessing his presence.

My brother's cat deceased by accident jumped on the bed I was laying on, I felt the paw indentations, it came up to my ear and purred. Proven again to me.

My sister's dalmation visited from spirit, my sister could hear the click clack of the nails on her wooden floor and then Afra barked and it echoed through the house.

When I did spiritual healing, a spiritual healer who was a Doctor would visit and his little dog would come with him.

Therefore I know their spirit exists, the same as ours after we die.
Old 25-02-2020, 01:55 AM
Newbie ;)

My Similar Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
My kindest thoughts to you. He was an old cat and it was his time, but he was a friend, and when a friend leaves, the house feels somewhat empty! Also the loss of him may remind you of the loss, not long ago, of your dear mother.

Yes our animal companions definitely do 'pass on'. And my own experience of this -which was the very first evidence I'd ever had of animal life after death -showed me that there is no trace of sickness or infirmity with them in the next world.
It's likely, as a great deal of our experience there is thought and desire-created, an animal lets go of any concept of illness much faster and easier than many humans do. They do not identify with it on those levels. Once it's gone -it's gone. That also seems to apply to last vet-visits, the final injection.....etc (about which many humans can give themselves a very hard time with guilt and 'second guessing'.)

Both the original comment and your response have a lot of meaning for me. My mother died a few years ago and I took in her cat who was 12 years old at the time. Little did I know what I was in for. The cat and I became best friends and we shared communication on a level I previously believed was only in the mind of the beholder so to speak.

MissyCat left this plane of existence just shy of one year ago and I have been putting a lot of effort into studying the afterlife and animal communication. In fact a few weeks ago at the recommendation of several friends, I decided to start a blog to share my feelings with others who have had the same experience. TheTAOofMissyCat.com , so I am hoping you can elaborate on the experience you mentioned you had. You seem to have educated thoughts on animal life after death and it would be wonderful if you could share more of your experience. Even After nearly a year the pain of loss can be overwhelming at times.
And thank you for what you have shared so far, best wishes and many blessings to you.