Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 05-07-2014, 02:19 PM
Knower

Selfless giving/helping

Hi not sure if should post here.

My sister had a reading last week. She was told that my mum who has passed is currently working on selfless giving/helping. She was told my mum is concentrating on selflesslt helping those she left behind, shes trying to help guide, calm and reassure my sister and if my sister acknowledges it it in turn helps my mum.

Any ideas of thinks I could do to help. I thank her when I think ive had a sign xxx
Old 05-07-2014, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator
This sounds so beautiful and gracious.

As far as I have discovered, so far -depending on a Souls heart-felt wishes and development, they can choose to involve themselves in work of service of some kind, when on the 'other side'. Also -as far as I have discovered, this work of service often brings them much joy and fulfilment. And helps them with their own spiritual growth, and brings them into deeper harmony with Love.

But of course, the only 'reward' they really desire at that point, is the well being of those they love.

It seems there are options for further development in Spirit. And many situations are training-grounds.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:33 PM
Seeker

It's absolutely amazing to have a reading done and learn what our loved one is doing on the other side.

I had a reading last year and my Mom came through --- apparently she is staying close to my Dad and helping with his recent move from home to a skilled nursing facility.

As far as what we can do to facilitate this --- prayer is a powerful force that makes a difference for both the incarnate and discarnate.
Old 09-07-2014, 05:49 AM
Taurus44

When my friend's father passed, she denied his presence completely. She is an atheist and refused to admit that there is an afterlife. She kept saying "he's gone, that's all there is to it!" I got so upset that I cried and I told her that the best thing she could do is acknowledge her father's energy. Speak to him, write to him, do things that he liked to do, he will notice. She started to have conversations with him when she was at home alone and she said she noticed more signs of him being around. All he wanted was for her to say she recognized he wasn't gone. Maybe tell your sister to request a sign from your mother. Something like "show me butterflies" or "send me lilies" and your mother will do her best to incorporate the symbols into her positive work so your sister can know that it is indeed her doing the favors! In this case it will be undeniable. Your mom wants recognition, just like we all do, for the efforts she's making to help you all. Sometimes asking for a special symbol is all it takes to demonstrate the connection and make it easy for both parties to get what they need.
Old 09-07-2014, 01:02 PM
Knower

Thank you for the great replies.

Yeah I think maybe saying thank you, talking to them and accepting their gifts. Living as happy a life as possible aswell to show them too.

Think its also a test of patience too. I talk to my mum all the time( usually in my head)and within a day usually get some sort of confirmation or sign. Its amazing xxx
Old 29-07-2014, 10:47 AM
RexyBelief

Just keep talking to and thanking her like you have and suggest your sister does the same. I'm sure your mum just wants acknowledgement that she knows you realises she's still there