Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 12-11-2018, 10:48 PM
Seeker

A good book about death and the afterlife

There is a book titled Lessons in the Light, by George Anderson. It's a great book by a medium about death, the afterlife, spirituality, etc. This is the first book I read when starting my spiritual journey and it helped me to understand a lot.
Old 13-11-2018, 01:00 AM
Master

Thanks for the recommendation. I checked the book's reviews on amazon com. Overwhelmingly favorable, but the negative ones mention lack of authenticity, leading questions, ...

By the way, the book's title seems to be "Lessons from the Light: ..."

This is pretty bad.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 13-11-2018, 04:13 AM
Master
Greetings.

Thanks for the book recommendation and I will check it out.

I read that link posted by inavalan, but I also have a real problem with "skeptics" due to my abusive and traumatic upbringing.....I really loathe skeptics.

It is not that I want them to all believe in any of this....I am not really a "believer" myself, but at the same time, I like to keep an open mind and heart to all of the possibilities....only for skeptics to judge me and criticise me as being "gullible" and "led astray" because I don't immediately adopt their position that it is ALL "woo woo" based only on a number of greedy, high profile psychics who got "busted" by James Randi et al.

When I show a skeptic a piece of evidence that nobody has been able to debunk, it is always "just because nobody has found a rational, logical and scientific explanation YET, doesn't mean that one doesn't exist" and I feel like punching them in the nose, before I realise that the vibratory level of a skeptic is INCREDIBLY low...it is the worst form of human ignorance and by letting that get to me, I am also lowering my vibration accordingly.

I just needed to get that off my chest....It has been on there for quite a while.
Old 13-11-2018, 06:35 AM
Seeker

That guy Donnis or whatever his name is is nothing but an obnoxious a-hole pretending to know it all. He doesn't.
Old 13-11-2018, 07:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmymc25
That guy Donnis or whatever his name is is nothing but an obnoxious a-hole pretending to know it all. He doesn't.
I know right?

Unfortunately, all skeptics I have ever met (including my family) are all like that...ridiculing others in the name of "rationality" when it is nothing more than bullying and verbal abuse..full stop!

In fact, I was thinking long and hard about "religious people" and those who persecute them and the view that fanatic skeptics are "possessed by demons" is well justified imho, because if skeptics believe that it is all a "load of bull" why don't they just ignore psychics?

Oh no, these skeptics honestly believe they are the self-appointed protectors of the sanity of mankind and they NEED to ridicule and bully psychics because they honestly believe that people cannot think or make judgments for themselves, so they have to step in to sort out the "stupid believers" from the "intelligent skeptics" like themselves....It's a mental illness on behalf of the skeptic...It is intellectual narcissism.. nothing more, nothing less.

I have certain "talents" but they are mostly subconscious and not at the beck and call of a skeptic...heck, I can't even control it most times... That's not to say that because I can't produce it whenever I WANT (and not when it wants to happen) doesn't mean it doesn't exist...
Old 13-11-2018, 03:19 PM
Master

Actually I have 2 of George Anderson's (and Andrew Barone) books. Walking in the Garden of Souls and Lessons from the Light. I've read Walking in the Garden of Souls but not Lessons from the Light. Maybe I need to read that second book.

Regarding the review by the lady on Amazon. I am very sorry for her loss and her bad reading. Psychics have bad days too just like the rest of us. But I do agree if he was not up to a reading he should have postponed it.

I do think George is the real deal. I can't imagine the kind of drain it produces with all the needy people who are grieving from the loss of a loved one and want to 'connect.'

I really suggest people look into the hereafter before they lose someone. And communicate your love before they die rather than waiting until after they are gone and then have these questions and hole in their heart.

If you are going to visit a foreign country wouldn't you want to read up on it before you go? Why wouldn't the same common sense apply to where you go after you die?

Personally I've read a lot of books on dying, what happens after, etc., so if I lose someone, I don't need to go to a psychic to find out if they are happy or not.
Old 13-11-2018, 11:45 PM
leadville

A book can provide a good read but what you find there may not appeal to one's personal reasoning. No matter how many recommendations - or detractions - it may have received you should be the arbiter.

My suggestion is to go with what appeals to you and judge for yourself.
Old 19-11-2018, 07:06 PM
Seeker

Hi guys, I decided to read this book after the recommendation. I'm about half way through and it's pretty good.

Are there any other good books on the afterlife?