Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 10-04-2018, 04:42 AM
Newbie ;)

Question for Empaths: How do you cope with negativity?

Hi all,

I'm hoping this is not a too controversial topic as it is not meant this way at all.

Sometimes in my everyday living I'm confronted by negative feelings of my dear fellow humans, and I just have difficulties to cope with them. They just flood over me, sometimes the difficulties are because I can't separate the feelings from my own, sometimes it is because I refer it to myself somehow.

I know it helps to understand that most of the negativity coming from others is because they have problems with themselves, and I'm not really the source of it. And I'm trying to have compassion and not referring it to myself, but this is so hard for me. I just don't know how to cope with it.

Any tips or thoughts?

Thank you so much in advance.
Old 10-04-2018, 07:45 AM
Master
Hello,

You seem to have the right perspective already. Compassion for self and others is the best path to follow in my view.

Real coping skills are best evolved by consulting the expert on such matters. How involved are you with your higher self?

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 11-04-2018, 01:35 AM
Badcopyinc

Basically what you said is my trained thought process.

I still get triggered from time to time. Family and children occasionally but for the most part I have a very analytical mind. Without it I would have never been able to reduce others actions as quickly as I did. But everything to me is temporary. Someone being mad at me will pass or people acting out of emotion.
I know after way to much thought that it is definitely their fault. Everyone really does have a choice to be happy. So I keep choosing to control me. And it gets a little easier every day.

Much of the most negative people in my life can’t approach me with anger or discontent. They don’t get a reaction out of me. And they end up walking themselves into more trouble with those actions.

By controlling my perspective of anything, I’m doing two things. Taking away control that the outside situation has over me. And I’m not feeding off of any negative energy. You must first be empathetic to a situation or person to absorb some of their current state. And by not feeling sad or angry you’re protecting yourself from being a sponge for others emotional issues. You can still be a kind ear to those in trouble and give comforting words without feeling emotional over their situation. It also helps to calm them down when you’re actively controlling your state.
Old 14-04-2018, 02:21 AM
Newbie ;)

Thank you all for your kind words, I learned a lot from you! <3
Old 11-04-2018, 01:48 AM
Master
As an empath it is vital to first be grounded. That will help with dealing with emotions and feelings like this. It is also beneficial to shield to help filter out unwanted energies that we can pick up. As well as clearing our energy frequently during the day, and cutting cords from energies we pick up. As we are gonna pick them up. Pick them up all the time.

From there discernment can help you. So you can help you understand if these emotions/feelings are yours or if they are external from you. It can also help if these situations to try and step out of it. To allow it to be first. To not get caught up in it right away so it doesn't consume you. So don't just jump and judge the thought. Which then starts to turn into judging of self. That's where that compassion and understanding come into play.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:07 PM
Newbie ;)

How do you cut those cords? I am honestly asking because I feel vulnerable to every energy and have no semblance of a shield to speak of
Old 03-11-2018, 12:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lealightyears
How do you cut those cords? I am honestly asking because I feel vulnerable to every energy and have no semblance of a shield to speak of

Hi,

May be you are one of those who does not require the use of shielding.

There are a number of channeled messages from both Kryon and Bashar that insist the use of shielding is counter productive.

As humans we are vulnerabal to many different kinds of things. How best to deal with some thing like negative energies is more of an individual thing in my mind. In my case, as a young man, I was advised to practice transparancy. That is not a shielding technique. It is more like learning the art of avoidance when it comes to negative energies.

John

Old 03-11-2018, 01:14 AM
Newbie ;)

Thank you, as I read your response, I can agree. No 'easy-fixes' are there? hah. I was still hoping for one as hopefuls do. That is helpful, though, I do fancy myself a ninja. The (one) problem is when negative energies are physically forceful and avoidance is not an option
Old 03-11-2018, 01:23 AM
Newbie ;)

Have you any advice about practicing transparency?
Old 03-11-2018, 08:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lealightyears
Have you any advice about practicing transparency?

Hi,

My first visual on using transparance was to allow negative energies to pass through my body without effecting me. Real physical things are 99.99% empty space. So it was easy to imagine negative energies not effecting me unless I focued my attention on them. When you do, you drawn them to that .01% of physical matter we see as the human body.

The big tip would be related to fostering a benovalent outlook on life. In our culture we are encouraged to battle with things. Negative energies is a perfect example of that. For the more you focus your attention on some thing the more you give it strength. We are never taught how to work with our mind. Train our thought patterns. These things are not easy however once done, real mind over matter can be accomplished.

Transparency involves avoiding conflicts with others. Yet the biggest application of it has to do with the self. We lack compassion for all that we are and think poorly about aspect of self which are self destructive. For self love is kindness towards those faults we have which we are ignorant about correcting. The wisdom on how to improve things happens after we have properly embraced our own darkness.

It is all about learning to focus our attention. Being mindful of our self talk and thinking. Virtually everyone in our society has been conditioned to self destruct through worry which creates anxiety. These negative energies are far far more destructive than any exterior negative energies directed at us from any one or any thing. Our own daily negative affirmations wreck havic within us and we are ignorant of those things.

There are 3 types of people. (1)Those who do not think/reflect on life. (2)Those who have fostered healthy mind over matter practices. (3)Those who have unhealthy mind over matter practices[thought patterns].

I would say that transparence(avoiding negative energies) is the first step towards masterful self control. I hope this explanation will be helpful.

John