Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 23-02-2013, 07:49 AM
Sangress

An indigo child is an individual who meets a number of potentially unrelated personality and auric stereotypes based on the observations of only a few new age individuals (nancy ann tappe, Jan tober, lee caroll) in the 1970's and onwards.

IMO, the indigo phenomena seems very illogical and vague to me considering I personally have not observed any solid connections between the traits self proclaimed indigos possess, or connections between one indigo and the next.

If anything, it seems like a convenient way to hold ones own children in high esteem, influence them to have a superiority complex and also excuse them for a number of behaviors related to ADHD among other things. On the other hand it could help promote a childs natural psychic talents and offer them an avenue for self exploration. Either way, this kind of belief system has great potential to be empowering or damaging to a child...so I think that it should be accepted after a great deal of research and the utilizing of basic common sense as children are impressionable enough without having indigo concepts thrown at them before they have even had a chance to understand themselves.

All in all, its a lable for something spiritual that may or may not mean anything.
Old 23-02-2013, 08:43 PM
MU!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
An indigo child is an individual who meets a number of potentially unrelated personality and auric stereotypes based on the observations of only a few new age individuals (nancy ann tappe, Jan tober, lee caroll) in the 1970's and onwards.

IMO, the indigo phenomena seems very illogical and vague to me considering I personally have not observed any solid connections between the traits self proclaimed indigos possess, or connections between one indigo and the next.

If anything, it seems like a convenient way to hold ones own children in high esteem, influence them to have a superiority complex and also excuse them for a number of behaviors related to ADHD among other things. On the other hand it could help promote a childs natural psychic talents and offer them an avenue for self exploration. Either way, this kind of belief system has great potential to be empowering or damaging to a child...so I think that it should be accepted after a great deal of research and the utilizing of basic common sense as children are impressionable enough without having indigo concepts thrown at them before they have even had a chance to understand themselves.

All in all, its a lable for something spiritual that may or may not mean anything.
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm no Indigo expert but every time I start down the Indigo path I find myself wandering around listening to people who have bought into a bunch of New Age, non-evidential, feel good, jibber-jabber. Talk and talk is cheap.

I have listened in to conversations with 12yo kids, painting wonderful New Agey pink ponies and portraits of faeries and talk like "old souls" and have the "stare" and understand rainbows and have been reincarnated and all the trappings Very impressive.

Rewind. They said nothing. They have evidences of nothing.

Occasionally though you will get one of these self-proclaimed Indigos with succinct memories of past lives that can be recounted as accurate.

Which is rare but confabulates the entire Indigo thing/schtick.

So when I hear Indigo, I ignore it and listen precisely to what is being said...and what is not.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:15 AM
Foggie lad

i went to a medium the other day that told me i was an indigo child i have given this thread a little gander and all i have to say is who cares if it can be proven or not everyone comes to this plain for a reason we all have our part in the grand scheme of thing this indigo or crystal is just an indicator of our origin some may have shared traits but at the end of the day its not who we are that determines how important we are its our impact on those other souls around us and the impact on the society we live in and indigo or no everyone is capable of making it better at the end of the day we are all equal
Old 07-04-2013, 12:32 PM
Soul Searcher

Color Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
I see there's numerous links in here but thought I would add this one someone just sent me

http://www.starchildren.info/indigo.html

Just wanted to add a big thankyou for this great link!

I agree with others that it may just be another 'label' to put on to certain characteristics, but WOW reading this I could identify with every single point on it.
This is exactly how I was as a child, and because of having so much intuition and energy I didn't know how to contain it. Feeling older than your years and an outcast at that age was very hard to deal with sometimes felt like a huge burden. I always took on the pain of others from about aged 6, and I hated all that was bad in the world. My one outlet, was my love of acting/writing/poetry/painting etc

Luckily though, I have such a wonderful Mum who always let me develop my gifts right from a young age.

~Nadine~