Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Islam Faith

Old 27-11-2017, 12:10 PM
Seeker

How to free yourself from the bad self

I heared from Ahl Aththikr (the people of remembrance) that

When you say:

"La ilah illa Allaah" (no God but Allaah The creator of all that exist)
70,000 times
While your heart is directed toward Allaah asking Him to free you from all that is evil

You will be freed

Thanks to God for that news. I found it interesting and liked to share it with the world

Last edited by slamiyyaat : 27-11-2017 at 01:22 PM.
Old 28-11-2017, 05:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamiyyaat
I heared from Ahl Aththikr (the people of remembrance) that

When you say:

"La ilah illa Allaah" (no God but Allaah The creator of all that exist)
70,000 times
While your heart is directed toward Allaah asking Him to free you from all that is evil

You will be freed

Thanks to God for that news. I found it interesting and liked to share it with the world

Do you mean physically freed or mentally free.?
Old 28-11-2017, 07:42 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Do you mean physically freed or mentally free.?
I think the self is more related to spiritual world. But i don't know. Sorry for that
Old 28-11-2017, 09:22 AM
Master
Quote:
I think the self is more related to spiritual world. But i don't know. Sorry for that

No need to apologize, I was just curious as how you percieve your posts

As for the 70,000 times you should say this prayer, who is doing the counting and wouldn't once be enough if done sincerely ?
Old 28-11-2017, 02:35 PM
Seeker

Quote:
As for the 70,000 times you should say this prayer, who is doing the counting
There are some tools that help you to count if you could not do the counting at the same time while praying

For me, i found that i can say the prayer 4 times in 8 seconds comfortably.

So, I need to spend 38.8 hours to finish it. Which is easier than using a counting tool

There are some free apps help you to count. It might be helpful.

They said that if you could not do it continuously, you can divide them like for example 1000 / day

Quote:
and wouldn't once be enough if done sincerely ?
I think it is enough if done sincerely, because prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said

There will be a person in the day of judgment who will be called out for judgment and will see 99 records of his sins. Each record extend as far as the eye reaches

He will be asked do you have something good

He will say no

God will say yes you have. There is a card in which you said "I bear witness that La ilah illa Allaah, and that Muhammad is his slave and messenger"

What will this card do?

You will not be treated unjustly, come to your balance

And the card will over weigh the rest of the books.

Faith is love. If you love God, you will go to heaven.
If you love something else more than God, even if it would be yourself, you will be a loser

May God does not leave us to our thoughts and our ego selves so that we will not miss the reality.

May Allaah help us to know Him through His revelation.

Allahumma salli ala Muhammadin wa aali Muhammad
Old 30-12-2017, 09:10 AM
Seeker

This app is helpful in counting the prayer

تطبيق المسبحة الالكترونية لهواتف الاندرويد والايفون
http://onelink.to/jm7ear
Old 30-12-2017, 06:14 PM
Master
Quote:
This app is helpful in counting the prayer

تطبيق المسبحة الالكترونية لهواتف الاندرويد والايفون
http://onelink.to/jm7ear

I don't pray but thank you anyway, your link may help others
Old 13-02-2018, 08:15 AM
Newbie ;)

If I am to speak in Islamic spiritual linguistics (which we call tassawuf), then zikr is a means to attaining the spiritual strength to aid in overcoming the bad self.

The bad self is usually about the bad qualities which we have within, such as malice, hatred, jealousy etc these are blameworthy qualities. And these blameworthy qualities are replaced with the praiseworthy such as generosity, humbleness and such etc

For this one needs a complete spiritual doctor (who we call a shaykh) that has mastered and know these spiritual phases. Just like a doctor prescribes medicine, the spiritual doctor prescribes certain zikr done with zikr way to overcome the spiritual diseases which are mentioned above. And also the spiritual doctor ensures that balance is maintained in these qualities.

These techniques of zikr have been systemised by the Shuyookh of the past who possessed deep Islamic knowledge and had the door of spiritual unveilings opened towards them.

For each person it differs what zikr is beneficial for the person. The foundation is based upon having the correct beliefs and fully conforming oneself towards the way of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). Because by following the way of the Prophet (peace be upon him), it catalyses the spiritual growth and achieves the spiritual attraction.

Initially it starts from the Shaykh, goes towards the Prophet (peace be upon him) until one becomes very beloved to Allah rabul 'izza.

There are different forms of zikr as well, lisani, khafi, qalbi etc but it does not matters here. What matters in the point being stated is that different zikr is prescribed by Shuyookh and other things. Until to the point where the student reaches spiritual flight.

It is certainly not easy, and one more thing. The tassawuf/sufism we hear about musical or where one follows the tunes this is not the one which is traditional. It is rather following the nafs which is the opposite purpose of the whole science itself.

I do not want to go deeper in the dream realm, the angelic realm, then the spiritual unveilings and so forth. Because these things are not easily found in the books either, but it is a knowledge which has been being transferred from the heart to the heart. And it goes back to the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). And not everyone has it, only some do in todays time.

There is the external knowledge of Islam, and then we have the internal knowledge. And this knowledge is so deep that it is ocean without shores.

But just not to go off topic, what the point I wanted to make was that 70,000 zikr of Kalima (La ilaha illallah) at times is given with certain technique by an expert shaykh. And it is usually the advanced level. But that does not means on should not do zikr, it is not the purpose of my post at all. I just wanted to show a brief outlook of what Islamic spirituality.

p.s. when I mention a shaykh it does not means the one who leads the prayer etc but I am taking it as a term in this context which I am trying to explain. And I do not mean to put any restriction in doing zikr etc certainly one should do it all the time as it is mentioned in a hadith which means is that to always keep the tongue busy with zikr. Because it is never void of blessings or rewards.