Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 17-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Kapitan_Prien

A Tea (all kinds thereof) Thread

I searched this section an only found a Green Tea thread so I figured, I would start a thread that discusses all types of tea - green, white, black, oolong, herbal, red/rooibos as well as the herbal 'decoctions'.

I'm mainly a Green tea drinker, but enjoy Rooibos and White tea. Of the Green and White types - my preferences are for Sencha and White Peony.

There's many flavored types that I like, but mainly Citrus flavored. One of my favorites is Bigelow's Earl Grey Green tea. I think the green tea goes better with the Bergamot flavor.

Herbal teas (not counting Rooibos) - Lavender and I like Mint, as well as Celestial Seasoning's 'Sleepytime Vanilla'.

There's numerous others I could list as I've tried so many (mainly from the links to tea sellers in my links section - I can't list commercial links directly - but they'd be: Mountain Rose Herbs, Stash Tea, Capital Tea, White Lion Tea, Bigelow, Art of Tea, Davidson's Organic Tea, and Republic of Tea...just to name some.)

My 'tea bible' is the book, "20,000 Secrets of Tea" which I've found very helpful.
Old 18-10-2010, 12:25 AM
PrincessKLS

Oh, I've tried Oolong recently, it was pretty good.
Old 18-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Kapitan_Prien

I used to drink some Oolong and it does have a nice taste. The kind I had liked was the type that tasted like Apricots.
Old 18-10-2010, 04:18 PM
glenos

Unfortunately "teas" without milk tickle the back of my throat resulting in coughing. Once I get supping this affect thankfully stops.
As a beginer what varieties do you guys reccomend. I have tried Earl Grey and quite liked that.
Old 18-10-2010, 06:18 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Oh I don't drink any with milk...but if you like Earl Grey with Black Tea - I'm sure you'll love it with Green Tea.

Jasmine Green Tea is nice.

Rose tea is soothing (I've had it with both Black and White Teas).

Rooibos is great - it's soothing to the central nervous system and comes with different flavors (and herbs).

Mint tea is wonderful.

Those are a few I can think of off-hand.
Old 18-10-2010, 07:11 PM
glenos

Thanks, I shall give those a go (without milk) I can see me with boxes of different ones..
Old 18-10-2010, 07:14 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Sure thing. *wink*
Old 18-10-2010, 07:27 PM
Jules

all i can say to green tea is yuuuukkkkkk!!!! (LOL) ... My sis drinks it and each time I try it (I'm doing it again just thinking about it!!! lololol) it's one of those moments, where your eye closes tight, your face screws up and your lips smack together (as if you've eaten a lemon) nope don't like it lol .. now give me an echinacea & jasmine, and that's gorgeous :)
Old 18-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Kapitan_Prien

LoL Jules! Yeah - there are some really yukky kinds of green tea - that's why I try to stick to Sencha.

Now the Echinacea and Jasmine...that sounds pretty good!

By the way...I do eat lemons...hee hee. *grin*
Old 18-10-2010, 10:11 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
Thanks, I shall give those a go (without milk) I can see me with boxes of different ones..

great idea of tea without milk, I read somewhere that putting milk in tea is equivalent to drinking liquid leather ! ewww........... and so ends a long standing, or sitting , tradition in the UK for tea drinkers

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction