Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 20-03-2011, 10:44 PM
Knower
What is Lucid Dreaming?

Could someone explain this to me please, i've been reading but i'm not sure i understand.
Old 21-03-2011, 04:51 AM
luvblooms

Have you ever woke up from an.awesome dream, then made yourself go right back to sleep so you could finish it?

From my understanding, a lucid dream is that in which you are in control.
Old 25-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Guide
At the very base description... a Lucid Dream is a dream in which you realize you're dreaming during the dream.
Old 26-03-2011, 03:50 AM
Administrator
Hello

What are Lucid Dreams ?

It is said that its a higher fequency state to our dreams.
In a Lucid Dream you can control or alter the events
in your dream in the state that you realize your dreaming
It is said you can learn to have Lucid Dreams and even
share in a dream with another. When you go to bed
at night simply put a plan in your head what you want to
dream on. For example your out on a walk and the snow
is falling, look to see how its covering the trees. Then
try changing the dream to a nice sunny Summer day.
Opposite contrasts seem to work quite well.

Lynn
Old 26-03-2011, 05:03 AM
Ciqala

Lucid Dreaming is becoming awake in a dream. One can obtain a lucid state in various ways, the most common is the realization that you are dreaming - many people encounter this realization and become awake in their dreams, and learn they can control their dreams, thus they do random things. Some people have this ability naturally, some people have to learn.

In more advanced states people will find the dream realm opens doors to the astral realm, where they can explore many dimensions and the spirit realms, go back in time, or meet up with spirit guides and/or meet up with people far across the world and go visit their friends, and that the possibilities are endless. They find the dream realm is connected to all realms.

Lucid dreaming is the same thing as astral travelling/projection, and out of body experiences, the same scenario of leaving the body happens. We often leave our bodies while we dream in deep states as it is, but becoming awake in the dream allows us to control where we go, what we do.

One can also achieve lucid dreaming by falling asleep awake, that technique may lead to astral travel or falling asleep lucid, whereas you keep yourself awake while your body falls asleep and goes through the process, which can result in vibrations and other physical feelings. Once you reach the hypnogogic state, close to falling asleep, where those random images, colours or sounds dance behind your eyelids, it eventually turns into a screen where you are watching a full vivid movie as the dream progresses and turns into a dream. It can lead to an out of body experience, or falling asleep lucid - or the other possibility if you lose control of it - falling asleep into a normal dream.

But people can find the realization they are dreaming out of anything, perhaps noticing they are in their house but something looks kind of off, or seeing a spirit guide or lost loved one can usually do the trick. Some people try to induce lucid dreams by playing around with the realization thing, "dream checking", by whenever they do daily tasks, looking around and asking themselves if they are dreaming. By doing this, it heightens their ability to comprehend when they are dreaming for real. Normal dreams can be so hazy and unreal, that it's actually quite easy to learn to tell the difference between that reality and our waking reality. Some people also keep a dream journal so they can focus on significant things they always tend to see in their dreams, and use it as a sign. Once they know that it's going to be in a dream, by the time they dream and see that sign, it tends to awaken them into that realization. We all tend to have a few of those same signs that pop up in our dreams, the task is finding them. And obviously the most important step to learning to lucid dream, is strengthening ones Dream Recall, perhaps by keeping a dream journal. There are many techniques out there.
I personally have the ability naturally however, as of late, i'm more keen on getting as much deep sleep as possible, life's been exhausting, and running around in a lucid dream is just as exhausting as being awake, sometimes more depending on what i do in those realms.

Old 28-03-2011, 07:50 AM
Knower
Many Thanks.

I see what you mean now, thank you all for explaining. I often find that i have little control over my dreams, however i will try and see if i can achieve a state of lucid dreaming and tell you how it goes. :)
Old 23-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Knower
Yep, it's just when your aware your dreaming and have enough understanding that you can control the dream. :]
Old 18-05-2011, 01:50 AM
Master
Dezzy... There are some good books on lucid dreaming which you could read if you really want to develop this ability.

One is "Conscious Dreaming" by Robert Moss

and, "Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self" by Robert Waggoner

Xan