Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 08-06-2018, 04:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I don't know Gem as I haven't been it that situation and hopefully never will. You can't imagine you can only experience to get the real feeling of how you would deal with this kind of situation.

It's a hypothetical example, and I'm sure near enough everyone would see how it pertains to their real lives even if they don't have any children.
Old 08-06-2018, 04:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
It sure could be and you can see where being so caught up in the emotion of it one can start to make really bad decisions. Really get upset physically from the upset.

When all along they were playing in the closet with headphones on.

All of those upsets are our attachments that keeps us from clarity. From seeing things as they truly are.

We can justify the positive and negative aspects of justified anger, outrage, etc.. each is still an attachment and can change based on ones culture and beliefs.

One can work on them, let them go and realize greater clarity in daily life as a result.

Sometimes clarity is the realisation that our ideals don't actually apply to life. This is why ideals of non-attachment aren't actually practical in any absolute sense, because you really need to make emotional attachments in your close relationships. We know such attachments are going to involve suffering, but we do it anyway because ya gotta take the good with the bad.
Old 08-06-2018, 05:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It's a hypothetical example, and I'm sure near enough everyone would see how it pertains to their real lives even if they don't have any children.

You would need to use your imagination if you haven't been in this situation and I can't.
Old 08-06-2018, 06:04 AM
Master
Quote:
You would need to use your imagination if you haven't been in this situation and I can't.

Well it's hypothetical, and I'm pretty sure everyone can see how the principle applies to their close relationships -
Old 08-06-2018, 08:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Well it's hypothetical, and I'm pretty sure everyone can see how the principle applies to their close relationships -

Don't always believe your ' Sure ' Gem
You seem to be ' Attached ' to getting the answer that you are sure about, sorry I can't give you one as I have to experience something to know how I will react.
Old 08-06-2018, 08:12 AM
Experiencer

On the subject of attachment to others, the non-physical entity Lazaris has some good advice. He said that when you lose or can't have someone you love, human logic says to love them LESS, and then you'll feel better. But he said the truth is you'll feel better by loving them MORE.
Old 08-06-2018, 08:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy soul
On the subject of attachment to others, the non-physical entity Lazaris has some good advice. He said that when you lose or can't have someone you love, human logic says to love them LESS, and then you'll feel better. But he said the truth is you'll feel better by loving them MORE.

Loving less or loving more is still attachment, both are based on your needs to ' Feel better '
Old 08-06-2018, 09:25 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Loving less or loving more is still attachment, both are based on your needs to ' Feel better '

I disagree.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Don't always believe your ' Sure ' Gem
You seem to be ' Attached ' to getting the answer that you are sure about, sorry I can't give you one as I have to experience something to know how I will react.

So you've never had a close relationship of any kind?
Old 08-06-2018, 11:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy soul
I disagree.

' He said that when you lose or can't have someone you love, human logic says to love them LESS, and then you'll feel better. But he said the truth is you'll feel better by loving them MORE.'

' Then you'll feel better ' is mentioned twice, that's attachments not love. Love is not measured by less or more, it's just love, attachments are measured, but that's ok to disagree