Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 18-04-2018, 03:04 AM
Knower
Encyclopedia of Witchcraft by Judika Illes was a good read.
Old 15-06-2018, 05:26 AM
Experiencer
How do you guys feel about "Wicca for Beginners: Fundamentals of Philosophy & Practice" by Thea Sabin?

Just wondering. I was at Half Price Books the other day and saw this put aside. Does it talk a lot about the philosophy and history too? I won't add it to the list unless some of you give the okay.

(I'm still working on reading up about all kinds of world religions and haven't found many good recommendations of books on Sikhism either. Anyone have any book recommendations on Sikhism, pass 'em along too!)
Old 15-06-2018, 04:35 PM
Lepus

Hello

I've read Wicca for Beginners: Fundamentals of Philosophy by Thea Sabin. I decided to purchase this book because of a blog I've read online which had a list of books recommended for beginners. Then I branched off from Wicca and started my own path as a pagan under traditional witchcraft and esoteric occultism.

Here's the table of contents: Table of Contents

This will give you an idea on what this book is about without having to go through every page. The book covers mostly on philosophy than history which many Wiccans seem to forget that Wicca has its roots on traditional british witchcraft wrapped in ceremony and pseudo-religion. And if you're not practicing real Wicca then you're not Wiccan. Also there is no such thing as Christian Wicca.

Lepus
Old 17-06-2018, 04:26 AM
Master

I think for your purposes the best book for you to read is The Witches Bible by Janet and Stewart Farrar - it's an oldie but a goodie with lots of information and history.
Old 25-06-2018, 03:29 AM
Experiencer
Thank you for the link! It is really helpful to see what's on the inside, and it does seem to touch more on the philosophy than history, but I'd love a book that gives a lot of information on both sides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepus
Hello

I've read Wicca for Beginners: Fundamentals of Philosophy by Thea Sabin. I decided to purchase this book because of a blog I've read online which had a list of books recommended for beginners. Then I branched off from Wicca and started my own path as a pagan under traditional witchcraft and esoteric occultism.

Here's the table of contents: Table of Contents

This will give you an idea on what this book is about without having to go through every page. The book covers mostly on philosophy than history which many Wiccans seem to forget that Wicca has its roots on traditional british witchcraft wrapped in ceremony and pseudo-religion. And if you're not practicing real Wicca then you're not Wiccan. Also there is no such thing as Christian Wicca.

Lepus
Old 25-06-2018, 03:31 AM
Experiencer
Thank you! I'll add this one to the list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
I think for your purposes the best book for you to read is The Witches Bible by Janet and Stewart Farrar - it's an oldie but a goodie with lots of information and history.