Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 21-09-2019, 11:41 AM
Pathfinder

May I say there are many profound and rather pleasant examples given from both sides. I respect the views this thread offers! However, having always been a full blown skeptic of spiritual matters, soul mates, twin flames that seem to be as a guise for shady demonic interference and or influence. I don't easily buy into such absurd worldly concepts, ideologies or philosophies to full measure.

What has worked for the majority, good on them. But it doesn't or should be the case for everyone who just live for the moment alternatively seeking a different life journey whereas, being completely satisfied with the outcome of acceptance and failure.
Old 21-09-2019, 01:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsearching
I don't know if I believe in "Twin souls", "Soulmates", "Kamartic Souls " ect. I think people put to much empathize on the Twin Soul relationship than any others. I used to look for the signs 11:11 at a digital clock or when I'm out in about I was focused on any guy looking in my general direction so we could lock eyes and feel a "soul recognition" even though the population in my hometown is 37,018 people . I don't know what technically is considered a "Spiritual Connection" either I'm not telepathic or a empath I would like to have some type of relationship with someone one day but I'm not ready yet I still have to know myself and worth whitch I don't. I don't need to search for my better half I need to search within myself to be my own soulmate. I have to be content with myself and find my own happiness I can't rely on another person to do that for me.
I have to say, this is one of the wisest of posts I've come across on this whole subject, and not just from a so-called Twin Flame perspective either.

Sincerely, I hope you find what you're looking for. Safe Journey, GS
Old 21-09-2019, 03:24 PM
Master
Quote:
I don't know if I believe in "Twin souls", "Soulmates", "Kamartic Souls " ect. I think people put to much empathize on the Twin Soul relationship than any others. I used to look for the signs 11:11 at a digital clock or when I'm out in about I was focused on any guy looking in my general direction so we could lock eyes and feel a "soul recognition" even though the population in my hometown is 37,018 people . I don't know what technically is considered a "Spiritual Connection" either I'm not telepathic or a empath I would like to have some type of relationship with someone one day but I'm not ready yet I still have to know myself and worth whitch I don't. I don't need to search for my better half I need to search within myself to be my own soulmate. I have to be content with myself and find my own happiness I can't rely on another person to do that for me.

Hi girlsearching,
I want to respond to the part I highlighted because I've read this before..
What does it mean to know yourself, and why is that a requisite for being ''worthy''?

Most, if not all people I see in relationships have some sort of issues. Nobody is perfect. There's this myth perpetuated on the internet [here also at times] and in pop culture that one first needs to ''know oneself'', and have an idea about what you want in life, etc. etc. first before you can ''be in a relationship''. This is not really how things always work out in reality. Perhaps some of the people perpetuating these myths are critical and look for the perfect mate, but name me a single person in this world who is perfect. I haven't witnessed any such person, nor do I think some mystical experience is necessary to be worthy of love.

Most people, for opportunistic reasons, present their best possible selves in social places, dates, etc. It's all image and surface. After you get to know someone after a while you'll notice 'flaws' cause every human is flawed. That's inescapable. Why can't we start with the premise that we accept we are flawed and don't need to be perfect first, or ''need to find our true self'' before we find someone else to spend time with [romantic or not] or do X or Y?

Perhaps you are very much ''worthy'' already. Think it over.
Old 21-09-2019, 06:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Today, 8:00 AM
Greenslade
Master

Quote:
I have to say, this is one of the wisest of posts I've come across on this whole subject, and not just from a so-called Twin Flame perspective either.

Sincerely, I hope you find what you're looking for. Safe Journey, GS

Quote:
Today, 10:24 AM
Altair
Master

Quote:

Hi girlsearching,
I want to respond to the part I highlighted because I've read this before..
What does it mean to know yourself, and why is that a requisite for being ''worthy''?

Most, if not all people I see in relationships have some sort of issues. Nobody is perfect. There's this myth perpetuated on the internet [here also at times] and in pop culture that one first needs to ''know oneself'', and have an idea about what you want in life, etc. etc. first before you can ''be in a relationship''. This is not really how things always work out in reality. Perhaps some of the people perpetuating these myths are critical and look for the perfect mate, but name me a single person in this world who is perfect. I haven't witnessed any such person, nor do I think some mystical experience is necessary to be worthy of love.

Most people, for opportunistic reasons, present their best possible selves in social places, dates, etc. It's all image and surface. After you get to know someone after a while you'll notice 'flaws' cause every human is flawed. That's inescapable. Why can't we start with the premise that we accept we are flawed and don't need to be perfect first, or ''need to find our true self'' before we find someone else to spend time with [romantic or not] or do X or Y?

Perhaps you are very much ''worthy'' already. Think it over.

Thanks Altair but I really don't know myself or my inner potential . I'm still tying to navigate through adulthood and so far I'm stuck doing the same old pattern. I don't have friends epsically peers in my age group I don't like people and being around them really. I love being alone but yet I do not . I can't drive nor do I have a desire to try and get me a drivers license . For my transportation needs I take the city bus. I believe you should have some sort of self worth and be confident even if you have to mask it.

Last edited by girlsearching : 22-09-2019 at 04:49 AM.
Old 21-09-2019, 06:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
I never contribute much. Especially in society. I'm fine with it though.

I don't believe in twin flames. But i do believe in triplet and quadruplet flames. My question is: Is there such thing as twin waters? What if you don't have a soul or believe in one. But you found your mate. Would that be considered a soulless mate relationship? Would i be able to say, i found my soulless mate?
Lol I love your Humor Ocean Breesze.

Last edited by girlsearching : 22-09-2019 at 02:12 AM.
Old 22-09-2019, 06:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
There's this myth perpetuated on the internet [here also at times] and in pop culture that one first needs to ''know oneself'', and have an idea about what you want in life, etc. etc. first before you can ''be in a relationship''. This is not really how things always work out in reality.

I concur. Also the silly idea that one needs to "love oneself." I cringe whenever i read that. The person giving such advice often has good intentions but i can see how that can be degrading to the one receiving that advice. If a woman requires me to love myself i can only assume she hasn't truly examined herself.

Quote:
Lol I love your Humor Ocean Breesze.

Thanks.

I don't drive either. Never cared to. I just think of it as this: America is a lot safer because of it.
Old 22-09-2019, 08:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
I concur. Also the silly idea that one needs to "love oneself." I cringe whenever i read that. The person giving such advice often has good intentions but i can see how that can be degrading to the one receiving that advice. If a woman requires me to love myself i can only assume she hasn't truly examined herself.

Yeah.. I forgot the ''love yourself first'' mantra..

Spiritual teachings can create many traps and there's much focus on being or becoming ''perfect'', whilst meanwhile life is lived and understood through mistakes. There's no point waiting to become perfect or trying hard to 'know' or 'love' yourself. By the time you do you may be old and grey and realize all those beliefs made you go sleep in the world instead of living in it. People make each other stronger through interaction and relationships. You don't have to be an enlightened, self-actualized being before you are worthy of being with someone else.
Old 22-09-2019, 10:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Thanks Altair but I really don't know myself or my inner potential . I'm still tying to navigate through adulthood and so far I'm stuck doing the same old pattern. I don't have friends epsically peers in my age group I don't like people and being around them really. I love being alone but yet I do not . I can't drive nor do I have a desire to try and get me a drivers license . For my transportation needs I take the city bus. I believe you should have some sort of self worth and be confident even if you have to mask it.

It's good to do things in life that make you satisfied, but even if you do, some people will still read you as ''unconfident'' because the whole thing is nonsensical really. It's what you make of it that counts. Some people who aren't read as ''attractive'' whether looks or personality [by societal standards] can still feel good about themselves yet others will look for the tiniest clues to say the reverse is true.

Perhaps it's good to get out of your comfy zone, perhaps it isn't. It's all up to you but I don't think you're any less ''worthy'' of something because you don't drive, like to be alone, or are still doing the same job. It's all up to you, but if things currently don't go perfect that's no reason for others to not acknowledge you. I've seen all sorts of people in relationships. The ''problem'' is that we're all too concerned with perfectionism, looking for that pot of gold at the end, which makes us look past all the gold coins on the ground.
Old 22-09-2019, 11:07 AM
Guide

Itís been a pleasure reading current posts on this thread.

While it is true happiness is found within, self-esteem upmost (please take loads of time for that), in all honesty Iíve never been all right with the concept separation from a twin flame means he/she will come back later for a baggage-free reunion, i.e. showing off the Ďperfectedí all healed, all good version of Self.

Life is messy and can be downright awful at times. We occasionally hope others will step into the breach. I wish all humans, including those interested in true love, would recognize their differences and come together as a work in progress, not a fait accompli.

A poster once accused me of knocking the twin flame ideology before I actually put in the work...

Alas, I believe now Iíve surrendered and given up the ghost, lol.
We need to discover relationships with kindred souls who accept us as we are today.
Old 22-09-2019, 12:31 PM
Seeker

"We need to discover relationships with kindred souls who accept us as we are today."

This. Right here. Perfect.

If we ask the world to love our wrinkles, dimples, cat obsessions, crazy laugh, wonky dance moves, bad puns, frizzy hair, and big feet, why not ask the world to love everything else, too?

Embrace imperfections. By all means change them, IF you want to, but if you are told by some book that you have to change your very soul with years of agonizing work before you are worthy of great love with a true mate, then maybe you need to be reading a different book.

I met my husband in a bar 30 years ago. I was sweaty and filthy from moving furniture all day. I was a grad school drop out with a bad job, sleeping in a friends guest room, owned nothing. We have been inseparable ever since. I now own way more things than I can clean with any degree of success, have a great job, and 2 lovely kids. It was a work in progress. It CONTINUES TO BE a work in progress.

YOU ARE WORTHY RIGHT NOW. If someone doesn't want you, move on. There is a lid for every pot, you will find yours.