Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Old 16-10-2018, 11:34 PM
Knower
Keeps saying invalid password even though it's the only one I have ever used

I have this problem every single time I try to log back in after a long time (a few years usually), where the forum keeps saying I have the wrong password, even though I have always used the same one, and every time I have to reset it I have to reset to the same one. I know I have used the same one because I write down all my passwords and this is one I use 99% of the time for the last 15 years. I have to have it reset every time and I always make it be the same one it always has been! Why do I have to keep going through this?
Old 17-10-2018, 12:13 AM
Administrator
Hello

I have no idea, it could be that you need to clear what are called "cookies" from your Browser History. There is the option to keep you logged in on the sign in options. This way it saves your password.

Lynn
SF Admin
Old 17-10-2018, 12:54 AM
Knower
I think i'll do the "keep me logged in" thing. I'll just have to come in here more often than every few years, lol
Old 17-10-2018, 09:16 AM
leadville

browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstraeaLunaAvani
I have this problem every single time I try to log back in after a long time (a few years usually), where the forum keeps saying I have the wrong password, even though I have always used the same one, and every time I have to reset it I have to reset to the same one. I know I have used the same one because I write down all my passwords and this is one I use 99% of the time for the last 15 years. I have to have it reset every time and I always make it be the same one it always has been! Why do I have to keep going through this?

Clearing you browser cache either deliberately or if it's software scheduled may wipe cookies and passwords. You can configure cache clearing to avoid it.

It may also be down to some website software periodically requiring passwords to be changed by users who haven't changed theirs recently; some won't allow you to use the same password as before but seemingly not this website.

Now you've logged in it would be a perfect time to create a new and more secure password, record it remotely and accept any pop-up offer to save/update it in your browser's passwords.

Then check your browser's settings to make sure they are what YOU want rather than just the default values.

And, of course, become a regular visitor!