Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > UFOs

Old 28-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deusdrum
wow, i disagree pretty strongly with this. I am familiar with the law of attraction, and it can work miracles, i know that. But there are other laws in the universe, it certainly isn't so simple as that. To say wanting to help starving kids in Africa is 'erroneous thinking' is a bit much. Sounds like rationalization to me. The fact is, if i have money and can afford to donate it to help alleviate starvation, i'm going to do it. No person is an island unto themselves
You're taking what I said out of context. Nothing wrong with foodbanks and helping starving people eat, its just not a smart long-term plan, thats all. You're actually hurting the person more then you are helping them, because they never learn to sustain themselves.

Just my 2 pennies worth
Old 28-10-2011, 10:09 PM
Master
You specifically said if you taught them the law of attraction it would eliminate starvation in 2 weeks. I disagree, how have i taken that out of context?

As to 'teach a man to fish' opposed to give a man a fish, yes, i agree. However, their may be no fish to begin with, and you are assuming they do not already know how to sustain themselves, but there may be literally nothing available to sustain themselves with.

Add other cultural factors to the mix; a power hungry violent war lord, outside exploitation, etc. etc. and law of attraction is not necessarily the answer to all of the problems, in my opinion. In fact foreign aid, as you say, though it might eliminate immediate hunger, is not a long term solution. A more fundamental change is necessary. How i see it at least.

Anyways, off topic, sorry.
Old 29-10-2011, 08:44 AM
Master

Quote:

Add other cultural factors to the mix; a power hungry violent war lord, outside exploitation, etc. etc. and law of attraction is not necessarily the answer to all of the problems, in my opinion. In fact foreign aid, as you say, though it might eliminate immediate hunger, is not a long term solution. A more fundamental change is necessary. How i see it at least.

Anyways, off topic, sorry.

I agree, solving such massive problems is beyond out current means. Sometimes it's good to get help from others when a problem is too difficult for you to solve.

We can see other planets now and it's too unlikely we're the only life in the universe. If we can contact other beings that are more advanced and can find a way to communicate, they could help us. We do this all the time when we seek out wise masters, people that know more and have experience. What rule says we can't do that with others in our galactic neighborhood? I want to know who wrote that rule?!
Old 29-10-2011, 01:21 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
You specifically said if you taught them the law of attraction it would eliminate starvation in 2 weeks. I disagree, how have i taken that out of context?
Hyperbole: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole

Quote:
Hyperbole is the use of exaggeration as a rhetorical device or figure of speech. It may be used to evoke strong feelings or to create a strong impression, but is not meant to be taken literally
Old 29-10-2011, 05:48 PM
Master

I think the sad fact is that we don't really want anyone to help us. We've had messengers who brought messages of love, but misunderstood them and sometimes killed them. We're too proud to accept someone elses help. We don't believe.
Old 29-10-2011, 05:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
I agree, solving such massive problems is beyond out current means. Sometimes it's good to get help from others when a problem is too difficult for you to solve.

We can see other planets now and it's too unlikely we're the only life in the universe. If we can contact other beings that are more advanced and can find a way to communicate, they could help us. We do this all the time when we seek out wise masters, people that know more and have experience. What rule says we can't do that with others in our galactic neighborhood? I want to know who wrote that rule?!

Well said, i agree.

Many people truthfully, deceptively or delusionally claim even now to be in communication with alien intelligences. I cannot speak to the validity of their claims, but it makes for interesting reading. If it is effective and useful to someone or a group of people and promotes positive change in one's life then hey i'm all for it. Interdimensional, Spiritual, physical, archetypes from the collective unconcious, the angelic, daemonic or faery realm; whatever they may be or not be, if they are of benefit in terms of energy, information, consciousness, intellect, emotional state, etc. then the difference it makes in the sense of personal belief/preference, is somewhat irrelevant in the bigger picture compared to these positive influences.

So long as we acknowledge the responsibility we have and role we play for our own well being. Part of that may be reaching out to such lofty mysterious 'otherworldly' sources, thus chicken & egg catch 22. I myself believe in a Divine source. So it is enough for me to regard it as that, at this point.

To me, LoA is part of creating that space where such sources can be made receptive to.

Last edited by Deusdrum : 29-10-2011 at 07:50 PM.
Old 29-10-2011, 06:04 PM
Guide
Yes there is other life forms out there.However do not be fooled some are far from friendly.Best to close down telling all where WE are.
In pure light.
Krishna.
Old 29-10-2011, 06:26 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishna
Yes there is other life forms out there.However do not be fooled some are far from friendly.Best to close down telling all where WE are.
In pure light.
Krishna.
Like I said before, we're still waiting for the proof. Our planet still regards itself as the center of the universe. Beings 'out there' is just a fantasy to us, we can't think beyond ourselves. We make up excuses, like Hawking saying we'll get eaten. I think it's pride. It's us not wanting there to be anything out there. We like to imagine, sure, which is fun and mysterious. But our pride won't let us take it any farther than that. If the reality set in that we're not the only people in the universe, it would transform us.
Old 29-10-2011, 07:00 PM
Master
perhaps off worlder's move in a different and parallel universe and the stuff they know and can do won't work here in this one.

if they're truly 'alien" to us we wouldn't have a basic framework in which to understand them as beings ... let alone their techologies.

besides i don't know how anyOne can imagine we humans are ready for The Close Encounter of the 3rd kind when don't even accept our own difference from each other.
Old 29-10-2011, 07:22 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
perhaps off worlder's move in a different and parallel universe and the stuff they know and can do won't work here in this one.

That's true, but we just don't know. We have no idea. Perhaps they're monsters that will eat us. If they do, oh well. When I die, I'd rather die from being eaten by a monster any day.

We need fundamental shift like that, I'm sure close encounters would make us act totally insane, but maybe a shock is what we need.