Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 24-10-2016, 08:09 PM
Pathfinder
Cool Is the Universe Testing Me?

Hi All,

This is somewhat of a long post but a little background information is needed...

I've been trying to make a career change for a while and have realized I give up too easy during the process. I've been a math/science teacher for a few years but I quit my job in August and am trying to manifest a career I want.

For the past two weeks, I've been really intentional about the job/career/salary I want but the Universe keeps presenting me with math/science teaching interviews. Last month, I went on two interviews although I did not want to; I went due to family pressure (to get a job!) and my not liking to be out of work.

That said, last week I realized that I'm just repeating the same ole patterns (e.g. Gets desparate for a job --> applies for teaching jobs I don't want b/c I'm good at it and am usually instantly hired...although I don't like teaching Lol (I'm a Pisces and having to be "stern" all day and manage 150+ different students and personalities is draining )--> Gets called for an interview, accepts, and dreads going to said interview --> Gets hired --> Accepts job --> Dreads the first day of work --> Dreads job (except math but I dislike school bureaucracy b/c I'm a non-conformist, which makes me popular with the students but not so much with school administration b/c they like to control people; they usually put up w/ me b/c my classes always have the highest scores) until I quit to make a career change --> Months pass by with no interview invites from the jobs I'm interested in --> Gives in a repeats cycle Smh! ) so I woke up Friday morning and canceled my interview! I said to myself, "LadyLynx, NO MORE!!! Today is the day you put an end to the nonsense/foolishness.

So, today, I spent 4+ hrs applying for jobs, meditating and doing abundance and career affirmations and guess what!?!? A principal from a school / job I didn't even apply for--and the opening isn't even posted on the "available teaching positions" district website--called me saying they needed a math teacher and got my name from a principal I met last month; she wanted to know if I'd come in for an interview.

I say all of that to ask: Do you guys think the Universe is testing my dedication to switch careers? Especially because I usually give in when I don't hear from jobs I'm interested in (and have applied for)...like my current situation?
Old 24-10-2016, 08:55 PM
Master
I think the Universe is telling you that it is not a bad job and you could accept it for the time being while still pursuing your dream job. That might take time to manifest and you need money now, not when manifestation might take place.

It is not as bad as teaching a subject that you really hate. I wouldn't give up my dreamjob plan. The dreamjob would like to see experience, a history of employment and excellent references.

Knowing how Mr. and Mrs. Universe are, I would say that is a sign. It has the trademark features of a big arrow pointing something out in a very deliberate manner.
Old 24-10-2016, 08:56 PM
Knower

I ask that question too sometimes. But the truth is; it isn't. The Universe keeps presenting you with things you don't want because you keep thinking about it. Unwanted things are constantly going through your mind. The universe is simply following your thoughts.
If you say; "I don't want to be a teacher", the universe only hears the words 'want' and 'teacher'. It doesn't work with positive and negative aspects, only with the general feeling of the thought.
If you say; "I want that certain job" The universe is like: "Congratulations, you have already achieved that."
If you say "I will have that certain job", and at the same time you think "but I don't believe it will happen" or "I'm not sure", then the universe says: "Oh, you haven't made up your mind yet? Then here's that other job again to keep you occupied until you have made up your mind."
The universe is only following you.

I know it isn't easy, but a positive mood changes everything. You have to start by appreciating where you are now. Focus on the little things which make you happy. And then start living (in your mind and any other way you can) like you already have what you want.
That's the key. First be happy where you are, and then act like you already have what you want.
Old 24-10-2016, 09:25 PM
Pathfinder
Thank you for the responses! But, I'm really confused now as both of these responses have been my thoughts; yet they're the complete opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozie
I think the Universe is telling you that it is not a bad job and you could accept it for the time being while still pursuing your dream job. That might take time to manifest and you need money now, not when manifestation might take place.

It is not as bad as teaching a subject that you really hate. I wouldn't give up my dreamjob plan. The dreamjob would like to see experience, a history of employment and excellent references.

Knowing how Mr. and Mrs. Universe are, I would say that is a sign. It has the trademark features of a big arrow pointing something out in a very deliberate manner.

But, how do you stay in a positive mindset when you're at a job you do not like? Thoughts are energy which create life's circumstances... When I'm teaching (unless it's math), I'm in a negative mindset and cannot get rid of it. That said, the only reason why I axed my math job was b/c I didn't get along w/ administration. I loved my students and teaching math all day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by William 辰
I ask that question too sometimes. But the truth is; it isn't. The Universe keeps presenting you with things you don't want because you keep thinking about it. Unwanted things are constantly going through your mind. The universe is simply following your thoughts.
If you say; "I don't want to be a teacher", the universe only hears the words 'want' and 'teacher'. It doesn't work with positive and negative aspects, only with the general feeling of the thought.
If you say; "I want that certain job" The universe is like: "Congratulations, you have already achieved that."
If you say "I will have that certain job", and at the same time you think "but I don't believe it will happen" or "I'm not sure", then the universe says: "Oh, you haven't made up your mind yet? Then here's that other job again to keep you occupied until you have made up your mind."
The universe is only following you.

I know it isn't easy, but a positive mood changes everything. You have to start by appreciating where you are now. Focus on the little things which make you happy. And then start living (in your mind and any other way you can) like you already have what you want.
That's the key. First be happy where you are, and then act like you already have what you want.

I agree, the Universe can always pick up on fear but I don't think I have fearful thoughts about teaching these days... In the past few months, anytime it popped up in my head I dismissed it and consciously thought about the career I wanted. That said, people are ALWAYS asking me about teaching/education and I try my best to quickly answer their Q's then rid my mind of the subject
Old 24-10-2016, 09:55 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLynx
Thank you for the responses! But, I'm really confused now as both of these responses have been my thoughts; yet they're the complete opposite.

I agree, the Universe can always pick up on fear but I don't think I have fearful thoughts about teaching these days... In the past few months, anytime it popped up in my head I dismissed it and consciously thought about the career I wanted. That said, people are ALWAYS asking me about teaching/education and I try my best to quickly answer their Q's then rid my mind of the subject

Actually, our responses are not the complete opposite.
It is true some things take time to manifest, and that it is better to accept where you are, because you need to raise your vibration first. Until your vibration is high enough, it's difficult to change things anyway.
If people ask you certain things, do not be dismissive. Be happy about it and try to shape your answer in a way that serves you more.
Old 24-10-2016, 11:15 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Actually, our responses are not the complete opposite.
It is true some things take time to manifest, and that it is better to accept where you are, because you need to raise your vibration first. Until your vibration is high enough, it's difficult to change things anyway.
If people ask you certain things, do not be dismissive. Be happy about it and try to shape your answer in a way that serves you more.

How do you raise your vibration when you're surrounded by things that bring you negative feelings (lower vibrations)?

Also, why do things take time to manifest when your affirmations are focused on attracting things immediaty? To me, if something takes time to manifest it's similar to waiting for fate to take its course...which has nothing to do with affirmations and LOA b/c fate is independent of one's actions (or thoughts).

My idea of "creating your own life" means if you focus on something, you'll attract it in a short amount of time. That said, perhaps I'm mistaken when it comes to LOA and affirmations? But, if I could tolerate teaching (and accept where I am to raise my vibration) I wouldn't be seeking a career change via affirmations and LOA.

Thoughts?? Perhaps my thinking is incorrect but that's why I made this thread; I'd like those who have more (positive) experiences w/ LOA and affirmations to assist me. :)
Old 25-10-2016, 04:51 PM
Master
What William said in his post, I agree with. He knows what he is talking about.

The Universe is very fluid and there could be many interpretations for the exact same thing and they can all be right at the same time.

I am not wrong and neither is he. You take good advice and find the truth within it that works for you. Not everybody offers good advice and sound techniques, but we both did right here on this thread.

You can make suggestions to the Universe but you cannot bend it to your will. You have to use finesse and techniques and manipulation. That is what is done to us, and we can turn the tables, or try our best.
Old 25-10-2016, 07:25 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLynx
How do you raise your vibration when you're surrounded by things that bring you negative feelings (lower vibrations)?

Also, why do things take time to manifest when your affirmations are focused on attracting things immediaty? To me, if something takes time to manifest it's similar to waiting for fate to take its course...which has nothing to do with affirmations and LOA b/c fate is independent of one's actions (or thoughts).

My idea of "creating your own life" means if you focus on something, you'll attract it in a short amount of time. That said, perhaps I'm mistaken when it comes to LOA and affirmations? But, if I could tolerate teaching (and accept where I am to raise my vibration) I wouldn't be seeking a career change via affirmations and LOA.

Thoughts?? Perhaps my thinking is incorrect but that's why I made this thread; I'd like those who have more (positive) experiences w/ LOA and affirmations to assist me. :)

Using the LOA means influencing real people in one way or another. What if you want a position at work that just isn't available? Because it is occupied by people who love their work and are not planning to change it anytime soon? Then in order to make it work for you, other people need to change first. They need to find a better place to work also. That can take some time.

If you are interested in raising your vibration in those circumstances, then I suggest Abraham Hicks. Listen to her channelings, she can explain it better then I can.
Old 25-10-2016, 09:53 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozie

You can make suggestions to the Universe but you cannot bend it to your will. You have to use finesse and techniques and manipulation. That is what is done to us, and we can turn the tables, or try our best.

Very true... I tend to try to "strong arm" the Universe. Silly me!
How do I use finesse and techniques and manipulation?? Where do I learn that from?

Quote:
Using the LOA means influencing real people in one way or another. What if you want a position at work that just isn't available? Because it is occupied by people who love their work and are not planning to change it anytime soon? Then in order to make it work for you, other people need to change first. They need to find a better place to work also. That can take some time.

If you are interested in raising your vibration in those circumstances, then I suggest Abraham Hicks. Listen to her channelings, she can explain it better then I can.

You're correct, I didn't realize--although it makes sense--that using the LOA means influencing real people. That said, I'm using the LOA for open positions so there shouldn't be anyone in the position who needs a bit of time before moving on. But, I guess I need to exercise a little patience.

I love Abraham Hicks... I used to listen to her podcasts every day I went running. I haven't listen to her in about a month but I will. Thank you for the reminder!

Last edited by LadyLynx : 26-10-2016 at 12:32 AM.
Old 26-10-2016, 12:00 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
I ask that question too sometimes.
But the truth is; it isn't.
The Universe keeps presenting you with things you don't want because you keep thinking about it.
Unwanted things are constantly going through your mind.
The universe is simply following your thoughts.
Bingo.
Which is very good news. It takes a lot of focus to focus on what
is wanted instead of what 'is'....or the past.
But, focus on the goal we must.
You can do it!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru