Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 14-01-2014, 06:19 PM
Hybrid84

A lot of movies have been made on time travel the most recent one I have seen is Men in Black 3 but like I said before we have no idea if we're in the past right now!
Old 14-01-2014, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator
True!! It is a great subject
It is fun to think about. That would be awesome to watch Teal the movie when I die far far into the future.
I think we get previews of things from all kinds of lives we have or had or could have. As well as parallel snippets. Our souls and minds are truly powerful even more then we know.
puts a whole new spin on children's imaginations.
Old 14-01-2014, 07:50 PM
Neville

Words, Nouns ,Adjectives ...all from this one species and just so we can reference things with a singularly skewed understanding(namely the understanding of mankind)

So flipping it about a little, what if life as we know it is a gestation and that birth is to come ?

Here is a theory for you...

The state prior to material manifestation being the same or similar to the state after physical manifestion, can when veiwed in certain light render this breif transitional period a kind of between life state...

There are lots of ways of appraising this subject .

goes off to scratch his head..
Old 14-01-2014, 08:24 PM
DayLight1555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axlus
Lets say I was born 2010.

Can I reincarnate in 1500, for example? I heard that time doesnt exist actually, that everything is one, so can I live in the past in my next life or just in the future?

What do you think?

My understanding is that you can't go to the past, but you can experience it as though you were there.

Here is how I see it. You live this life and you pass on. You enter the next life. In that other life you meet others who reincarnated during different times. You can share each other's experiences. It's not like watching a movie, it's like being there.

You can link into this person's memories and feel like you are that person and that you lived that life. His memories become yours. His identity becomes yours. (You will have many parts of your self, I believe you would be able to switch back and forth. Perhaps similar to how people who have past life experiences now sometimes feel like they are that person and sometimes feel like they are themselves.

In fact, I think that perhaps the reason they have these past life experiences is because they are accidentally linking into the overall storage unit (your bigger self or some other entity) and borrowing their experiences and memories and remember them as their own.
Old 15-01-2014, 12:50 AM
Hybrid84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Words, Nouns ,Adjectives ...all from this one species and just so we can reference things with a singularly skewed understanding(namely the understanding of mankind)

So flipping it about a little, what if life as we know it is a gestation and that birth is to come ?

Here is a theory for you...

The state prior to material manifestation being the same or similar to the state after physical manifestion, can when veiwed in certain light render this breif transitional period a kind of between life state...

There are lots of ways of appraising this subject .

goes off to scratch his head..

We're all confused are we not?
But there is a song by the beatles "across the universe" if you never heard it pull up the lyrics and read while listening
Old 15-01-2014, 07:22 AM
Neville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daylight1555
In fact, I think that perhaps the reason they have these past life experiences is because they are accidentally linking into the overall storage unit (your bigger self or some other entity) and borrowing their experiences and memories and remember them as their own

This is a good point to consider as a collective consciousness has long been thought in some circles to exist.
Old 15-01-2014, 11:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayLight1555
In fact, I think that perhaps the reason they have these past life experiences is because they are accidentally linking into the overall storage unit (your bigger self or some other entity) and borrowing their experiences and memories and remember them as their own.
I have purposely 'borrowed' some memories from a 'bigger' entity. I believe that entity to be my over-soul. So does are they 'my' memories??

There is also nothing to say that you are not that 'bigger' entity and only a tiny part of you is here (within time).
Old 17-01-2014, 08:16 PM
DayLight1555

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
I have purposely 'borrowed' some memories from a 'bigger' entity. I believe that entity to be my over-soul. So does are they 'my' memories??

There is also nothing to say that you are not that 'bigger' entity and only a tiny part of you is here (within time).

Since you are a part of the bigger you, then you could perceive those memories as "yours", I believe. It's just a matter of perspective.

It's a multidimensional reality concept, I think, so it's hard to understand how you could be this little you and also much bigger than this you at the same time.
Old 18-01-2014, 01:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayLight1555
Since you are a part of the bigger you, then you could perceive those memories as "yours", I believe. It's just a matter of perspective.

It's a multidimensional reality concept, I think, so it's hard to understand how you could be this little you and also much bigger than this you at the same time.
Indeed!......
Old 18-01-2014, 08:40 AM
Ummon

Wait, if you can reincarnate into the past then could I be my own grandfather? O.0 my own grandmother? O.O could I be the dinosaur that ate my mammalian rat like progenitor? This is too spiritually incestous for me.