Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 28-09-2013, 12:17 AM
Niebla0007

Quote:
When you die (with a belief of an afterlife)
I lean more into the second option, although it is not so much about loving it for me.
It is simply acceptance, and being at peace with it. I wouldn't be dwelling on my last hours, I will be simply be glad I am free.

Now, for the ones I leave behind, I'd rather not leave them in grief over a death of a loveone. I can say that at least, I have talked about that to them.
Pointed to them that in an event of a loveone's death, no matter how much they love the one dying and do not want to let her/him go -
It is never just all about how they feel about it. *I begged them to consider about the dying person's feelings instead.
*How it is unfair to keep someone alive albeit all the suffering
just because the family do not want to let her/him go
while all that person wants is to finally rest.
I could just hope that when it comes down to it,
they'd take it with some good consideration, understanding and acceptance.
and I'd rather they take joy in their very own lives instead.
Everybody will die eventually. So let the dead rest in peace...
Old 28-09-2013, 12:48 AM
Experiencer

I'm not afraid...actually looking forwrad to it when it happpens some day. Think people are afraid because they probably either don't believe in the afterlife, or don't know what is going to happen to them after death. Since I believe we will return to the spirit realm, I know good times will be had after leaving my physical body. Kind of like what happens during astral travel, but longer. I would think the majority of people on this forum may feel the same way. Sorry..didn't read tthe other comments yet.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:38 AM
SpiritLady

For me it is the fear and pain involved in the dying process, ie I would hate to be murdered. Also the pain of leaving my children and husband behind. I do believe in an afterlife but cannot completely banish the thought of 'what if I never see my babies again? ' Sorry for the terribly negative morbid post lol.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:41 AM
Master
I had the blessing of nursing 3 of my closest family though terminal illness, each at there moment of passing and during there illness I was at there side and I count my blessings through even the heartaches for that, the most recent was my mother, she has always held strong, solid continuous spiritual beliefs in afterlife, a great healer and gave energy throughout her entire life via readings and healings. Therre was very little warning of her illness and from diagnosis to passing happened in a matter of months, I sat with her for hours listening to how she was accepted this, her biggest fear wasn't her inevitable passing, it was her regrets here on earth, she wished she had sat outside in nature more, gone for that trip, sold the house, forgiven more, she wrote us all letters which we got once she had passed, she passed in my arms and the arms of her family and layed her final breathe soft on our faces. In the letter she wrote to me, she put 'My darling it is never death too be scared of, it is not living with every ounce of love you have and sharing that with others, which kills us in our life, now go and live with all you have.'
It just seemed she was saying what a lot of people here think. It seems sometimes its not the death part that's scary for a lot of people, its looking back and not feeling that they really wholey truly lived yet..
I work towards that everyday now and I falter and I slip up, hold myself back, I make mistakes and get hurled back into ways of thinking which aren't productive, but not as often now and not for aslong, because I am starting to realise in the end I don't want to have to say to many sorrys to myself or others, I don't want to have to ensure people know how much I love them, and i can only do that now, every day in every way by pushing myself to live fully despite the risks, loving a little stronger despite the heartaches and facing fears a little harder despite of myself. I don't fear leaving people behind because i wont be going to far ;) I fear that when my times come if i don't work towards those things, they might not have the blessing of seeing my life as someone whose was enjoyed with them and whom loved them immeasurably and how much of an obstacle that could be for there healing. I fear leaving behind regrets for them aswell as me. I don't know how far i will make it. But it makes me understand the expression 'your a long time dead' more, which i never really have before :)
Sorry for the ramble! I do that a lot hahaha!
Kind blessing Loopylucid :)

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 01-10-2013, 11:16 AM
lily of the valley

Death doesn't frighten me.....at all. The only thing that saddens me is the fact that my children would have a difficult time dealing with it.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:34 PM
Crystalline

so Easy for you to say you're not afraid......
Old 02-10-2013, 07:57 AM
lily of the valley

that's just your opinion.....
Old 03-10-2013, 09:21 PM
Master

Not afraid of dying.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:33 PM
Ecthalion

I'm not afraid of being dead. Either there is eternity (in which case Yippee!) or there is oblivion which does not scare me. Dying itself though, I am afraid of. All the pain, sadness and possibly years of that plus incapacity too.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecthalion
I'm not afraid of being dead. Either there is eternity (in which case Yippee!) or there is oblivion which does not scare me. Dying itself though, I am afraid of. All the pain, sadness and possibly years of that plus incapacity too.

I read someplace that the soul usually leaves the body before the body actually dies. So there is no pain in death.