Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 04-01-2013, 02:56 PM
coolchic101

Why People Stick Around Their Own Funerals?

I know that some people don't want to cross over until they see their own funeral and are happy with the arrangements.
Why would one (the spirit) would want to look at a dead body even if it's their own? They're not going to use their body anymore. They can't do anything if they are unhappy with how their corpse looks or how their funeral arrangements go, unless they are able to communicate with the living who communicates back.

Just recently, in my mind's eye, I guess I ended up "traveling" to a funeral of an unknown elderly man. I was standing in front of his coffin and his spirit was next to me and he was criticizing and laughing at his own corpse LOL
He was saying "look what they did to me" LOL
He had a sense of humor.

I can list other experiences but I want to hear yours first.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:40 PM
Master

I saw my mother in spirit at her funeral. She wanted me to see her, I guess so I'd know she is still 'alive'.
It was lovely.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 04-01-2013, 04:15 PM
Administrator

My husband attended his funeral he was standing at the side he couldnt believe how many people turned up.he had a sense of humour and he said look how many suits turned up ive never been so popular. by suits he meant uniforms army officers police officers fire ambulancebomd disposel ppl he worked in emmergency management he worked with them all.

Namaste
Old 04-01-2013, 08:20 PM
oliviasang

Hi

Personally I never spoken to a spirit who was at their own funeral just to see their body or really to marvel at how things were done. The ones I've spoken to were there to see their loved ones and to reassure them in some way that they went on, to say goodbye or to impart some message.

It just so happens to be in a room with their own body, in which case, hell, who wouldn't look and remark. How could one not remark on the whole affair. I know I would or will as the case maybe. LOL.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:29 PM
Master

I remember my father at his, he was so there and that grieved my heart deeply, but in retrospect I know he was reaching out to me from a position of perfect knowledge and perfect sadness that he hadn't understood our relationship, which was very powerful.

He hadn't learnt to fully communicate from the other side and it took several months before he was able to reach me.

I would say unfinished business and also opportunities for connection whilst the body is still around, I think that souls are happy to be around their body as that is where they have resided for a number of years on the planet and it is going to take a while to get used to being separate from the body.

Dad had a cremation and I don't think that he enjoyed the process of cremation.

I feel for those whose bodies aren't found and so can't have a funeral.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:01 PM
Rumar

They stick around to see who attends, "who loved me enough to come show respects by coming to my funeral?"

Wouldn't you be curious as well?
Old 05-01-2013, 06:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumar
They stick around to see who attends, "who loved me enough to come show respects by coming to my funeral?"

Wouldn't you be curious as well?

Ha! In the case of dad, he knew that very few of his friends would come, that they would be there for mum. One of the things he loved about my mother was that she is so gregarious and has such a large circle of friends and whenever I was out with him and we ran into someone, we would laugh when he asked who that was as the answer was always "one of mum's friends".

I think the "who is there" question is irrelevant as they are in a healing place and surrounded by loving energies that such a detail is no longer important.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:54 AM
Knower

I didn't sense my dad's presence at his funeral. But in the days before it I kept getting a very strong sense that he wasn't happy with the arrangements my stepmother made (interring his ashes at his parents' gravesite). My siblings weren't too happy with the decision, either, as our stepmother didn't ask for any input, and they would have chosen differently. As a result, I felt detached from the funeral proceedings, while my sister was an emotional wreck.

If he had his way? He would have been scattered in his favorite places--particularly out near his desert hideaway, and on the warm Caribbean beaches he went to in order to unwind. He'd want to be out in the warmth of the sun, under blue skies--not in a box in a plastic vault buried in the dark, cold earth.

My stepmother needs a grave to visit, however. That helps her get through her grief. So I suggested to my siblings that we give her time, and one day, when the opportunity arises and we actually have time to do it, we can have his ashes exhumed and go scatter them. We could even make family vacations of it, traveling to different places and celebrating at each one. The urn is safely buried--he's not going anywhere--so I said, "Let's not think of it as his grave; let's just consider it a safety-deposit box for now."

I haven't had any strong, direct communication from my father, but I have sensed his presence, and the feeling of being prodded and poked with the "knowing" that the funeral arrangements were all wrong has lifted. And suddenly, I have very clear ideas about the exact places to take him (which I've written down). I have no idea when we will be able to do it, but I've promised him that I will see to it as soon as we can--and that seems to be good enough.

And here's the thing--even if we never scatter his ashes, the fact that despite everything we'd all forgiven him and loved him enough to want to go scatter his ashes in his favorite spots? I think that was the most important thing. We've all had plenty of cause to say, "To hell with him, he can stay in that hole for all we care." But somehow, by some miracle, we each managed to heal our wounds during his final weeks on earth, forgive him, and rediscover the love for him we'd buried a long time ago. The conversation about what to do regarding his funeral and afterward brought us all together out of love for him and a desire to do something meaningful with his ashes--rather than just another gripe session. And that? I think that more than anything else was what he wanted to be around to witness.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:04 AM
Juanita

Cat

They very simply want to be where their loved ones are so they can try to comfort them and let they know that they are still very much alive and well.....
Old 17-01-2013, 02:58 PM
LadyImpreza1111

I can't say I have spoken to every spirit about whether or not they went to their own funeral but some have said they didn't go. I figure they wouldn't have wanted to see anyone grieving over them.