Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 03-12-2017, 11:32 AM
Master
Rhodochrosite and 'broken' heart

End OCtober I bought a rhodochrosite tumble. Not the usual variety, but a higher quality / purer one. It really appealed to me, but because it was quite expensive I decided to leave it and put it back. But when I'd left the shop I felt it calling out to me, so I went back and bought it anyway.

About 2 weeks later I lost it. It fell from my bra and I couldn't find it anywhere. I knew it had to be somewhere indoors as I hadn't gone out.
Then the man in my life broke up with me.
About a week after the breakup I found my rhodochrosite again. It came out from underneath my desk. I was thrilled!
And I realised how odd it was that it had hidden itself during the time of my breakup and when my heartache was intense.
But, it was back, so I kept it on me again.

A week and a half later... I lost it again! This time outdoors when I'd gone to the supermarket. I was seriously narked. But somehow I was confident I'd find it again. After all I could've lost it on my driveway on my way to get my bicycle out of the shed.
Yesterday I decided to go looking for it. I unlocked the gate, opened it, and there it was, right in front of me!
So I got it back, I'm really happy. BUt I also accept that clearly rhodochrosite is NOT the stone to carry when you're going through heartache. So I'm not keeping it on me anymore. I'm quite sure I'd lose it again and this time it won't reappear because then I didn't get its message: "Not now!"

Really weird, I'd have thought rhodochrosite would've been a good stone during time of breakup and heartache.
But maybe it opens my heart up too much and would be too much to handle for me right now?

Has anyone else used this stone when going through the motions of breakup and did it work out for you?
Just curious, as I do find it peculiar. Since I found it twice after losing it, I take it I will need it in the future.
Old 03-12-2017, 02:11 PM
Deactivated Account

Interseting experience, I never owned a Rhod, it looks lovely when I googled. Ill have to research more on it!

I remember having large rose quartz around me during heart ache, I felt so much loving energy around me regardless of what was going on. Although, I think Rose is Too soft for me though, my preference during emotional turmoill is to feel more balanced than loved and fluffy (if that makes sense)

I specifically like working with the heart center. I have a large heart shaped Malachite I put to my heart when I feel off. According to sources it is a stabilizing stone and this is exactly how it feels to me. It also works with the high Heart Chakra. Ironically, a very close friend of mine feels me in those areas. I love anything green because it reminds me of the heart chakra, and malachite does specifically work with the heart center ( and negative energies). Not sure if it will work for heart ache but it is a stone worth researching ( and anything green or 'earthly' for that matter). I am earth elemental as you know, so I gravitate to darker rougher stones.
Old 03-12-2017, 04:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Interseting experience, I never owned a Rhod, it looks lovely when I googled. Ill have to research more on it!

I remember having large rose quartz around me during heart ache, I felt so much loving energy around me regardless of what was going on. Although, I think Rose is Too soft for me though, my preference during emotional turmoill is to feel more balanced than loved and fluffy (if that makes sense)

Yes that makes sense. I'm not all that keen on rose quartz, although I do have some great pieces. I prefer heart / pink crystals with a different vibration, more Higher Heart I think, like morganite and pink danburite (I got a gorgeous clear danburite that resonates so well with me!)
Since you mention it, I think during emotional turmoil I prefer to feel balanced over loved and fluffy as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
I specifically like working with the heart center. I have a large heart shaped Malachite I put to my heart when I feel off. According to sources it is a stabilizing stone and this is exactly how it feels to me. It also works with the high Heart Chakra. Ironically, a very close friend of mine feels me in those areas. I love anything green because it reminds me of the heart chakra, and malachite does specifically work with the heart center ( and negative energies). Not sure if it will work for heart ache but it is a stone worth researching ( and anything green or 'earthly' for that matter). I am earth elemental as you know, so I gravitate to darker rougher stones.
Malachite... love / hate relationship with it, hihi. I got a larger tumble, thought of parting with it many times, but somehow I can't. Yet, I never hold it or do anything with it. All those psychedelic lines and circles drive me up the wall. Yet, I cannot part with it either.

Last night I put my emerald slab on my heart chakra. Holy moly...! It started throbbing as if it was an actual bodypart. It kept doing that for quite some time, then it went.
Today I had the same thing without the emerald on my heart chakra.
Last week I had that happen with my Solar Plexus for days on end. I find myself wondering if he has second thoughts about our breakup, or is in pain over it like I am. (I was told the Solar Plexus thing happened because he wanted to get in, but couldn't as I had it closed off, and that he couldn't let go just yet).
As I'm typing this, I feel it again in my Solar Plexus.

In any case, the rhodochrosite variety I was talking about looks a bit like this, although I think they turned up contrast. But just to show the difference with the normal, banded variety. (I didn't even know this variety existed!)

Old 03-12-2017, 04:57 PM
Master
Seraphinite is a nice stone and goes well with high energy crystals. Danburite could be another choice. Personally I would go for Lithium Quartz, but mine is broken in two *face palm* ~ next closest would be Hiddenite.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:03 PM
Master

What pretty rhodocrosite that is. I have never seen this kind. They do seem magical and more physical love/passion than fluffy. I have a feeling you will put them on your person again. meanwhile have you tried kunzite, pink calcite or lighter green stones like amazonite, crysoprase, aquamarine or dark clear ones like green fluorite, aventurine. Seraphinite, selenite and angelite are great to sleep with. Very soothing. I find tiger's eye very protective of the solarplexus on some days when one needs that power and protection. Unakite is believed to release emotions gently.
God knows why but malachite is one green stone I cant get very close to. And I am comfy with serpentine, moss gate and now also with moldavite. But malachite disturbs me:(
Old 04-12-2017, 05:15 AM
Deactivated Account

Beautiful stones, Fairy Crystal. Definitely putting Rhod on my wish list.

Can't go wrong with an Emerald. One my my favorite precious stones in the market.

Moonincancer, Yeah, I notice Malachite seems to be rather strong on some folks. Similar to moldavate, they refer to them as transformational stones. I like them probably because I am Earth elemental and Capricorn is associated with darker stones ( onyx, tourmaline, Malachite, Garnet. Feels natural.

All good recommendations on this thread. I am barely getting into the Crystal game, so its been helpful to read.
Old 04-12-2017, 05:44 AM
Administrator
Hello

In looking at the stone's meaning I can see why you lost it a couple of times. You had to do the work to clear the emotions and to clear the past. Its a stone that is good for connecting that LOVe for self. In a break up this is not the emotional place one finds you in. Your in that why me or I want them back place. Not a healing place where your ready to move on.

Rhodochrosite

This stone is referred to the stone of love and balance. Enhancing love on all levels it also provides balance on all levels for all bodies.

Metaphysical Properties:

A stone of comfort, harmony and healing; Rhodochrosite may be used to assist one to attain attunement to the higher self, opening and enhancing one’s spiritual awareness to reach the highest levels possible.
Healing Properties:

Rhodochrosite is known as a powerful healing stone, precisely for any mental issues created by emotional trauma.

Magical Properties:

A powerful love spell may be cast with the Rhodochrosite bath, adding rose petals to the water and lighting pink candles; then meditating with powerful intention towards finding one’s love. One must be careful not to request a specific love as this may counteract one’s destiny; the intention should be simply to draw love to oneself.

Energy: Projective
Planet: Mars
Elements: Fire
Deity: Mary Magdalene
Powers: Peace, Love and Energy
Zodiac: Scorpio and Leo
Chakra Classification: 1st Root, 2nd Sacral, 3rd Solar Plexus
Old 04-12-2017, 10:09 AM
Master
@ Lynn, that makes a lot of sense. Thank you for sharing!
Old 24-12-2017, 07:12 AM
Knower

I bought a Rhodochrosite pendant for my step daughter because she so often has bad days emotionally about her moms death 21 years ago. I hope the rhodo helps uplift her sorrow to be at peace.
The stone has light white circular banding making like a tunnel look into the stone. I thought it was really nice and she loves it also. I sure hope it gives her peace on her bad days.
Old 03-11-2018, 08:06 PM
Newbie ;)

I have 2 Rhodochrosite stones (I think)... one is dark pink with the usual grayish pattern (which makes me feel ticklish and happy when I take it in my hand) and another one bigger and as a pendant with dark pink, light pink and the grayish pattern (which I feel nothing when I hold, but it makes my heart hurt when I put it on)
How does your Rhodochrosite look like? I am thinking the light pink does something and the dark pink something else, and probably the dark pink is responsible for happiness.
I like very much Pink Calcite and Kunzite, but everyone says Rhodochrosite is supposed to help someone find their soulmate, so I'm not sure what to do. Have you been able to find yours? If you did, which stone do you think did the trick (helped you)?
Thank you,
Monica