Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 20-11-2018, 06:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Interesting article Sentient but I wouldn't have used the word 'Idiot' lol, thank you.

I don't mind the term “idiot compassion," but perhaps a more descriptive term could be "conceptualized compassion." I work in the mental health field with a large team of wonderful staff and it is easy to spot compassion vs the conceptualizing of compassion. The former is more effortless and comes from the heart, the latter can become easily burnt out. While compassion is associated with authenticity drawing from a wellspring of unconditional love/oneness, conceptualized compassion is of the thinking mind (ego) drawing predominantly from a system of thoughts and beliefs.

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬
Old 21-11-2018, 03:23 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
I don't see that everyone is riddle with sin, that's is a very negative view in my opinion, and I personally can perform act's without considering if it benefits myself, mybe you see that we are all self-centred and evil by nature but I see exactly the opposite. I see the good in humanity.

Well said, sky123.

_/|\_
Old 21-11-2018, 06:59 AM
Master
Western Compassion & Sympathy ----- Buddhist Compassion.
Spontaneous emotion, feeling ----- Result of long meditations - immovable.
Hot, subjective. ----- Cold, passionless, objective.
Directed towards an individual ----- Directed towards all sentient beings.
Arises from feeling concern for another individual's suffering ----- Arises from knowledge of common suffering.
Appraisal - other not responsible for suffering (agency) ---- Always see others as not in control - they are ruled by desires & emotions.
Opposite of Anger ----- In opposition to anger.
Compassion is the expression of caring concern. Anyone can feel it ----- True compassion requires knowledge & wisdom (prajna), otherwise it is harmful.
Compassion as kind ----- Compassion as cruel.
Old 21-11-2018, 07:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samana
Well said, sky123.

_/|\_

Thank you
Old 21-11-2018, 02:15 PM
Knower

Many thanks for the interpretation of the term. I see that the work of salvation proceeds very far down the chain of beings.

An apparition of the Redemptrix 'Our Lady of All Peoples' (see my previous posting above) declared to the seer Agnes at a nunnery near Akita, Japan on 13 October 1973:

"In order that the world might know the Heavenly Father's anger, He is preparing to inflict a great punishment on all mankind. It will be a punishment greater than ther Deluge, such as one will have never seen before. Fire will fall from the sky and will wipe out a great part of humanity, the good as well as the bad, sparing neither priests nor faithful. The survivors will find themselves so desolate that they will envy the dead....I alone am able still to save you from the calamity which approaches. Those who place their confidence in Me will be saved."

That is an order, for She also said, "Of poverty, chastity and obedience, the greatest of these is obedience."

I have spent the last twenty years studying the numerological aspects of the Marian apparitions. The dates fall into a definite pattern. In my opinion the final calamity will occur within the next eleven years, maybe sooner but no later. A threat of grave but lesser proportions was made at Fatima in 1917 and, being ignored, resulted in the Second World War. For that reason I tend to place great weight on apparitions of Our Lady who is also:

Namo Kuan Shih Yin Pusa
Old 21-11-2018, 02:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untersberg56
Many thanks for the interpretation of the term. I see that the work of salvation proceeds very far down the chain of beings.

An apparition of the Redemptrix 'Our Lady of All Peoples' (see my previous posting above) declared to the seer Agnes at a nunnery near Akita, Japan on 13 October 1973:

"In order that the world might know the Heavenly Father's anger, He is preparing to inflict a great punishment on all mankind. It will be a punishment greater than ther Deluge, such as one will have never seen before. Fire will fall from the sky and will wipe out a great part of humanity, the good as well as the bad, sparing neither priests nor faithful. The survivors will find themselves so desolate that they will envy the dead....I alone am able still to save you from the calamity which approaches. Those who place their confidence in Me will be saved."

That is an order, for She also said, "Of poverty, chastity and obedience, the greatest of these is obedience."

I have spent the last twenty years studying the numerological aspects of the Marian apparitions. The dates fall into a definite pattern. In my opinion the final calamity will occur within the next eleven years, maybe sooner but no later. A threat of grave but lesser proportions was made at Fatima in 1917 and, being ignored, resulted in the Second World War. For that reason I tend to place great weight on apparitions of Our Lady who is also:

Namo Kuan Shih Yin Pusa

This is a Buddhist Thread Untersberg, you would get more feedback in the Christian Thread
Old 21-11-2018, 04:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Western Compassion & Sympathy ----- Buddhist Compassion.
Spontaneous emotion, feeling ----- Result of long meditations - immovable.
Hot, subjective. ----- Cold, passionless, objective.
Directed towards an individual ----- Directed towards all sentient beings.
Arises from feeling concern for another individual's suffering ----- Arises from knowledge of common suffering.
Appraisal - other not responsible for suffering (agency) ---- Always see others as not in control - they are ruled by desires & emotions.
Opposite of Anger ----- In opposition to anger.
Compassion is the expression of caring concern. Anyone can feel it ----- True compassion requires knowledge & wisdom (prajna), otherwise it is harmful.
Compassion as kind ----- Compassion as cruel.

Well said! “Compassion as cruel” is profound and can be easily misunderstood. Can you give us some examples to help illustrate? :)

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬
Old 21-11-2018, 09:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi
Well said! “Compassion as cruel” is profound and can be easily misunderstood. Can you give us some examples to help illustrate? :)

The comparison chart are not my words but are taken from various Buddhist Teachers including HHDL.

Compassion can be seen as being cruel to some, the quote ' You have to be cruel to be kind ' touches on this even though compassion is more than kindness. Compassion is more about what others need rather than what they want, not doing what others want can be seen as cruel/cold, children often use these words when they don't get what they want but are given what they need. I think it's quite difficult to be compassionate all the time but we can but try
Old 21-11-2018, 11:58 PM
Knower

Sky 123

Numerology based on apparitions of the Virgin is not very likely to attract desirable "feedback" on the Christian site.
Don't let that evil Last Day find you still wallowing in deep contemplation on Compassion. Right Mindfulness, remember?
Old 22-11-2018, 06:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untersberg56
Sky 123

Numerology based on apparitions of the Virgin is not very likely to attract desirable "feedback" on the Christian site.
Don't let that evil Last Day find you still wallowing in deep contemplation on Compassion. Right Mindfulness, remember?

' Don't let that evil Last Day '

My last day won't be evil