Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Closed Thread

Old 30-03-2007, 01:51 PM
amy green

"Becoming" The Person Who You Love!

I wonder if anyone else has experienced what I frequently have. When I fall in love, I often can feel that person inside me, to such a degree, that I know what it's like to be them.... I kind of 'watch' myself say things they would, in the same manner etc. (instead of responding as myself). It's very comforting, intimate and blessed.
Old 30-03-2007, 05:54 PM
cweiters

Way to go amy green! People with empathic ability can feel the thoughts and feelings of other even if they are not in love. This feeling can sometime be overwelhming most Empathic people are very reclusive for this reason.

I love people and I enjoy being around them, sometime I must withdraw to rejuvinate my energy. And yes amy green I agree with you its a wonderful feeling of oneness being able to feel thoughts and feelings of others.

Love to all
cw
Old 31-03-2007, 12:58 PM
amy green

Thanks cw, I do have a lot of empathy (and compassion) but this experience is much more than empathy. (Like yourself I need to withdraw, a fair bit, to recharge myself - am very sensitive to the pain of others).

I thought it might be difficult to understand the experience, let me try and be clearer - it's like the loved person becomes superimposed over my identity. It's more than feeling their influence but less than channelling (mid-way). I can control it; it's not schizoid but I tend to respond like the loved person mostly on my own! I'm just curious if this is something unique to me, since it happened after the unusual way I first fell in love (will maybe explain another time, if need be) or whether others have had this sensation. It might be unique to those that have loved secretly/unexpressed.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:05 PM
amy green

...er, well maybe this experience is less common than I thought - or could it be that others haven't found this website, section, thread currently? At least I know I'm in good company - Joni Mitchell has also "touched souls". In her very fine song "A Case Of You" she sings "part of you flows out of me from this life from time to time"....
Closed Thread