Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 20-09-2019, 03:44 AM
Ascender
Bunny What is bothering you?

Let's discuss what is bothering us. It can be anything, but let's try to keep it to what's at the most forefront that is bothering you.

Then hopefully someone can chime in with any advice or insights. :)

I'll go first... it is bothering me a lot that I feel like I'm not as good as I used to be, it's just irritating. That old version of me is dead and gone, but my consciousness strives for that experience again. I just need to go with the flow for about a year and I'll be good.

Please feel free to say what's bothering you too, and well try to help.
Old 20-09-2019, 06:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkiez
I just need to go with the flow for about a year and I'll be good.

Yes. I feel you gave yourself some pretty good advice.

Can't think of anything bothering me at the moment.
Old 20-09-2019, 09:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkiez

I'll go first... it is bothering me a lot that I feel like I'm not as good as I used to be, it's just irritating. That old version of me is dead and gone, but my consciousness strives for that experience again. I just need to go with the flow for about a year and I'll be good.

Hi,

It is the intellect which strives for those past experiences, not your consciousness, as I see these things.

Those old versions of thinking are habits. As you describe, you are learning new habits. Go with the flow for as long as it takes and everything will be just fine.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 20-09-2019, 09:33 AM
Master
Perhaps 'bothering' me is too much of a strong word, but one can't help but notice things.

A few things that is evident nowadays is the transparency in people's behaviour and people don't seem to care that much about being seen for what they are or what they do. This is what happens when peeps have a strong agenda towards another, for they lose sight in how one is perceived.

The whole brexit scenario is a prime example with people putting themselves first in so many ways that it has become a truly ugly affair. It's the dog eat dog mentality and everything has to do with money and not much else ..

I suppose all the lies and fear mongering tactics that are rife nowadays and all the fake news and red flag situations just leaves one shaking their heads at it all in disbelief ..

x daz x
Old 20-09-2019, 10:57 AM
Master
The word grok. That's all I've got the energy for atm.
Old 20-09-2019, 11:00 AM
Deactivated Account
People are what's bothering me.
Old 29-09-2019, 01:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
People are what's bothering me.
Yes, I guess that sums it up very nicely. I just cannot get over how totally and ridiculously cavil, pedantic, semantic and nit picking most people are..and I doubt I ever will, so there has to come a time when I will be able to reconcile my misanthropy with my spirituality..because I need to accept that who I AM is a person who is totally intolerant of other short sighted, narrow minded, ignorant people because that will be me BEING MYSELF; when trying to love everyone and accept them all despite their flaws for the sake of this thing called "Spirituality" would be a classic example of me NOT 'being myself'.
Old 29-09-2019, 01:49 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Yes, I guess that sums it up very nicely. I just cannot get over how totally and ridiculously cavil, pedantic, semantic and nit picking most people are..and I doubt I ever will, so there has to come a time when I will be able to reconcile my misanthropy with my spirituality..because I need to accept that who I AM is a person who is totally intolerant of other short sighted, narrow minded, ignorant people because that will be me BEING MYSELF; when trying to love everyone and accept them all despite their flaws for the sake of this thing called "Spirituality" would be a classic example of me NOT 'being myself'.

That's why spirituality in the sense of that light and love hippy stuff is purely toxic. It forces you to do something against your own personality, and something that is impossible. Some people here who claim they are 'spiritual' while loving literally everyone are just being fake and deceiving themselves as well as others. To them I say no, cut that phony sh#t out and stop being fake because you simply can't love someone who you don't know. Universal unconditional love isn't real.
Old 29-09-2019, 02:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
That's why spirituality in the sense of that light and love hippy stuff is purely toxic. It forces you to do something against your own personality, and something that is impossible. Some people here who claim they are 'spiritual' while loving literally everyone are just being fake and deceiving themselves as well as others. To them I say no, cut that phony sh#t out and stop being fake because you simply can't love someone who you don't know. Universal unconditional love isn't real.
I would agree with you.

I thought I loved God unconditionally...turns out that I only love God because He is NOT a human being, so the love is conditional after all.

If the Divine had all of the same flaws and faults as the average person, there is no way I would ever be able to love Him.

God transcends all of the phony sh#t and thus, is deserving of my love.

Of course I have flaws as well, but I don't expect others to (over)compensate me for them...my flaw is that I am intolerant of people who have flaws, so in a way, I am self intolerant...but I have learned to live with that...I have had NO choice, but where others are concerned, free-will is a thing that I take full advantage of.

What irks me the most are people who believe they are the self-appointed spokesperson for the collective opinions of humanity..."and I am sure that everyone will agree with me there".

.....and those who say stuff like "you shouldn't drink orange juice because in 3% of the population, it causes GERD, insulin resistance, hyperacidity and tooth decay, so orange juice is a BAD thing and should be avoided at all costs....and I am sure everyone will agree with me there....love and light".

Grrrrr...
Old 01-10-2019, 12:54 PM
Newbie ;)

Hi BlueSkiez.

I hope it's not cheating but I have two answers to your question, and they are both pretty much copying what other people have said.

The first is your own answer about not being as good as I used to be. Before I had even read that you had written this yourself, I knew it was my answer. I recently lost my longterm relationship and job and I know its because I'm not the version of me that I was before. I wish I was still strong like that guy and could make people happy like he could.

The second is humanity (or people as another poster has replied). I've had a couple of things happen to me lately, and a couple of jobs that have really opened my eyes to how awful people can be. And not only that, humanity is doing so much damage to this wonderful planet and other beings on it. I really want to do something with my life to try and help the planet and it's creatures, but really do feel powerless at the minute. So I guess my two answers are linked somewhat - I feel like the old version of me was the kind of person who could make a difference...