Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature > Animals

Old 02-08-2011, 01:42 PM
Master
We have to be the most stupid species on this planet !
Old 02-08-2011, 01:48 PM
Time

Because we have the choice to. LOL
Old 02-08-2011, 04:31 PM
iolite

Wouldn't a petition to give Spelman the boot be in order?
Old 02-08-2011, 05:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iolite
Wouldn't a petition to give Spelman the boot be in order?

Cameron would not dare - he would then lose the fallguy. He quite often hangs ministers out to dry.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Time

YOud need a f ew hundred pepole to go to the place before and do an good ole fasioned sit - in
Old 03-08-2011, 04:58 PM
Arlan Lares

This is happening on the say so of some ignorant people who blame badgers for the spread of TB. This is despite the fact that some scientists have argued that a badger cull will make the TB problem worse. This is pure idiocy.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlan Lares
This is happening on the say so of some ignorant people who blame badgers for the spread of TB. This is despite the fact that some scientists have argued that a badger cull will make the TB problem worse. This is pure idiocy.

Exactly ! It could be equally argued that cows pass TB to badgers.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman

bumping this thread in case anyone wants to sign the petition. my local area is at present debating whether to stop one of the trial culls.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 09-08-2012, 03:34 AM
Master
my opinion for what its worth (copy/pasted from elsewhere's):: i believe most of mainland Europe is TB free, including Scotland, who have rid themselves of the disease via better farming methods. There are no badgers on the Isle of Anglesley, but they have bovine TB. Personally i feel that if you routinely administer systemic antibiotics to cows, which is generally the case, then you interfere with it's natural immune responses to illness. As well as this they have at their disposal the science of vaccination...(faulty science if you ask me but that's another matter)...why don't they use that if they're so sure of it's efficacy? At least then they only interfere with one animal. In Ireland sometimes upto 60000 snares are set each night which catch "healthy" badgers too...many take hours to die struggling in these traps whilst their young starve under ground and many believe that there is zilch affect on bovine TB anyway. I feel that the powers that be honestly believe it's worthwhile but then they are under pressure as it's their job is to find an answer. And of course the usual scare tactics are employed to get the populus on board with the proposal. Farmers are fear led into agreeing with the proposals thinking that their livelihood is on the line...understandable that they are concerned but the notion that they can remedy the situation via killing another animal is preposterous to me, and in my opinion deeply flawed, with very unfortunate consequences.

edit: i see from other posts that its money that is the reason they are not vaccinating...poor excuse. why don't they try allowing the animals to fight off illness themselves...predators and illness are what keep a herd strong, its nature's way...yes some animals will die but the others will be stronger. routine antibiotics, dehorning, not allowing bulls to fight for the females; all this leads to a weaker animal.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 09-08-2012, 04:53 AM
glenos

I am on the 38 Degrees mailing list and have signed.

G