Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 01-05-2018, 02:32 AM
bartholomew

A Note About Psychometry

A Little About Psychometry

I have no formal training in this art but clearly an innate ability is present. I noticed many, many years ago that just holding something in my hand caused images and sudden knowledge regarding it came into my consciousness. Once in an antique shop I spotted and asked if I could hold an earthen statuette of some Egyptian figure. As soon as I had it in the palm of my left hand I knew it was a personal Horus. Not terribly old but of modern make. In the simplest of terms it brought to the worthy bearer good luck and safety. It seems that in that part of the world there remains the older ways. If one were to travel there as a tourist these sorts of things would be for sale almost everywhere, like a cottage industry. The figure I encountered was one such. Just a touristy thing but the intent behind the maker was more than that. The woman (it was a female) was serious about the purpose and tradition which fueled this part of their culture.

Another time in a shop in a small mountain town in Idaho I picked up another earthen ware item. This one was a small bowl of about five inches in diameter. There were two plain handles on opposite sides. Visualize a hot dog cut in two. Now stick one half on each side of the bowl. That's the way it was. It was unlike everything else in the shop. Plainly it was amateurishly made. It looked old. I picked it up and saw two young Native American girls skipping along happily following their mother on a day trip to pick pine nuts from which Indian bread would be made. It was a warm late summer day. The two wore simple deer skin dresses. Bits of obsidian left over from knapping decorated the necklines. Their hair was very black and straight, parted in the middle. It shown in the bright sun. The only noise was the buzzing of insects. The girls were identical twins. Someone in their village had made this bowl specifically for them. Perhaps an aunt. The two sisters were very close. The configuration of the bowl reflected this. There was more in this case. The bowl was not of recent make but several hundred years old. Apparently someone had found it. It found it's way to this curio shop where it was mistaken for something of recent origin. I put it back down and told the proprietor about the event. She was interested but I think she didn't believe me.

There have been so many other little happenings like these two. Both graphics and a story are clearly transmitted.

Psychometry is a form of channeling after all and of telepathy too. Does anyone else have a story to share?

It is my belief that telepathy, channeling, aura reading, psychometry and "healing hands" all are very similar and that they might all be generally classified under the word "sensitivity". I say this because if one can do one thing chances are a little experimentation would reveal others too. An extension of this thought is this: If there were no such thing as spirituality, subtle planes of existence and so on then there would also be no psychics/sensitives in the world. It's all in the same package.

Special note about these people: Although long ago in the times of the first ones... there were horses, in these later post glacial times, they had gone. The ice took them. In the time of this little story the people had stories, legends of “hunting astride beasts of four legs, near to the ground, flying”. It was thought that these were from grandfathers, grandfathers and yet more grandfathers beyond count. But they were believed. Later when Europeans arrived they saw these and were moved to accept the new comers as though some destiny had been fulfilled.

Any thoughts? Any Native Americans on the site who might have comment?

James/Bartholomew

Last edited by bartholomew : 01-05-2018 at 05:27 AM.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:07 PM
Administrator
I Have done Psychometry many times its all Energy after all.why do you ask if Native Americans have any comment to make?

Namaste
Old 01-05-2018, 10:54 PM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I Have done Psychometry many times its all Energy after all.why do you ask if Native Americans have any comment to make?

Namaste

Because of the second story. Perhaps one would have some opinion which might either support or detract from it's historical elements.

James