Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 28-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Deactivated Account
Thanks for your kind and informative replies everyone, they've been really helpful
Old 28-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Serenity Bear

Iv been a medium for 40 plus years, and Im now at a level where I could teach it if I so wished.

Iv had other mediums (lecturers in the subject) say Im the equivalent to a concert pianist of mediums, and should be working in the top International level (if I so wished).

Everyone believes their own thing, it matters not to me, if you agree or disagree with me, for we will all find out when we pass to the Spirit World.

Believe me I can tell the difference between those who have sat for development and those who havent. It sticks out like a sore thumb on the platform. I can also quickly tell those who are mediums and those who try to be and are not (cold reading can appear very convincing even to the experienced sitter).
Old 28-12-2010, 12:34 PM
LadyB.

There was me thinking the greatest mediums were humble....

How wrong of me......

LB
X
Old 28-12-2010, 01:09 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyB.

How wrong of me......

LB
X

No you weren't wrong at all - humility comes from the highest of evolvement. Below that, egotism may be present in any individual's approach....

I mentally cringe when I think back to a certain individual I know who was once proclaiming that 'her' mediums would be known as 'xxxxx xxxxx' (name omitted) mediums after she had trained and taught them to be the mediums she believed she could create.

With great sadness I later realised that not only was she horribly egotistical in such an approach she was also mostly a psychic, much less so a competent evidential medium.

I had many such hard lessons to learn.

Last edited by mac : 28-12-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Old 28-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Serenity Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyB.

How wrong of me......

LB
X

I was replying directly to a question asked..... I suggest you read back for the question!

As I said it really matters not what you think, I am judged by God and not by you. I wonder how those antagonists among this forum, who come up time and time again, and would on most forums be band, will fair.

PS: I would suggest you get to know the difference between being humble and sticking up for ones rights! You dont need to be a submissive sheep to be humble.
Old 28-12-2010, 07:35 PM
LadyB.

"I have had other mediums (lecturers in the subject) say Im the equivalent to a concert pianist of mediums, and should be working in the top International level (if I so wished)."

With the greatest respect for your experience...

Repeating sentences like this at every given opportunity is hardly sticking up for ones rights.. It comes across as superior, condescending and hugely ego driven.

If you feel I should be labeled an antagonist for pointing out the truth of how your posts come across so be it...

We all need to look at ourselves through others eyes from time to time..

LB
X
Old 28-12-2010, 08:22 PM
Administrator
Hello

There in lies the question are be BORN to it at times. Like we came in with it switche ON I so feel I was. Having found it how strong it ran in the family line on me Dad's side but sadly the "times" I was born into were not open to such things I had to repress it for many year's . I am told by top Medium's i well could be them and I passed on an opportunity to work with one. That is not whom I am.

When I look to me kids one expecially I see he did come in with it as like me it does flow natually from him. He does not have to work at it at all for the information to be there. Now what he chooses to do with that is up to him. Has as of yet not said he wants to study in something.

I so feel we all come in with it but it might lead to what journey our Soul has been on or has come in to learn.

Lynn
Old 28-12-2010, 08:51 PM
Enya

If I might take a little issue with the phrase 'born to it' (or similar....) To me, that can smack of superiority, of being 'special' because that person came here already primed to be a medium. It's a matter of perception and the words chosen...

A better way to put it might be - some mediums bring their spiritual experience/knowledge with them into this life and are able to access it right from childhood. Others may do the same but awaken to their abilities in adulthood. Some mediums have to learn to close down, others to open up. Each has their part in the work to be done in service.

Whichever way you look at it, mediumship is an ability with many aspects but it takes inner work, good teaching and dedication to uncover all its treasures.
Old 28-12-2010, 11:53 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya
If I might take a little issue with the phrase 'born to it' (or similar....) To me, that can smack of superiority, of being 'special' because that person came here already primed to be a medium. It's a matter of perception and the words chosen...

"born to it " I can see how it could be taken in EGO, I guess as that is not whom I am I might tend to foget to see it in that way. I do though feel that we are place in the life path we are to be on. I in no way feel "special" or "superior" but YES I do know that I am different from many. I do feel too that I did come forth for a reason. I never have and never would charge a fee for what I do, and I was given that path of study. I said NO that is not me. I do know that have touched many and even helped bring closure to many. Even it if sadly be a body that comes home its knowing and closure that matters to a family.

A better way to put it might be - some mediums bring their spiritual experience/knowledge with them into this life and are able to access it right from childhood. Others may do the same but awaken to their abilities in adulthood. Some mediums have to learn to close down, others to open up. Each has their part in the work to be done in service.

Here I respectfully feel that yes from early childhood it was there, but as it was never from early childhood encouraced in any way. I feel that the Soul hold much fo the core knowlege we are to have with us. Past lives memories or Soul memories. With me Son I can trace it back in him from almost day one. He never settled as a baby til I finally clued in he was really seeing Spirits. Nothing we tried ever worked til that was egknowledged. Then finally he slept in his room and settled.

Others yes do awaken later in life via study or at times some event that brings it open to the. We are all born with all that everyone can do I feel its in the very makeup of our DNA. We might well all have our part of work to do in service but not all do follow a path, sadly some never find that step in life.

Whichever way you look at it, mediumship is an ability with many aspects but it takes inner work, good teaching and dedication to uncover all its treasures.

Mediumship is to me a word that just being said places that Pedesle for one to stand on, I am not a fan of the word BUT it does tell one's that need the service whom one is. Does it take inner work to be a Medium, I wonder on some that I know that are very not balanced in self. The number that have never had successful relationships is huge. That truly do not embrace whom they are but "look" at what they can make from it. Good teaching, I have had no formal teachings but I guess self learnings and a ton of reading and doing is a form of teaching.

I open to all that is out there, as a young adult I would read anything I could find on anything seen to be Paranormal. It is really in the last few year's that the doors are finally opening up to MORE study groups ext.

Would I go to call what I do a treasure not really it comes with a tole I more see it as a blessing and a curse. .

I respect in what one said. I speak from me and that is from me very heart and Soul that I embrace that we all see things in our own way but we all learn something from all that is said when we learn to listen.

Lynn
Old 29-12-2010, 06:33 AM
OceanWaves19161

I think everyone can be a medium to some degree but there's definitely a continuum according to my guides (it's the same with just about every psychic gift). Those who are strong mediums tend to be people with stronger energy who can form direct channels (kinda like t.v reception I'm told). Spirits then use the mediums energy to get their messages through apparently. The majority of people will need to work on their gifts whether they were born with it or not to help them to reach their full potential. This will depend on their soul path though.