Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 27-10-2013, 01:18 AM
Glen

IMO - I think the "classification" of good medium bad medium fake medium is not helpful in any way. To me it is just judging an outward appearance from a personal point of view. The thing also to remember is that what we judge today as fake or bad may in a years time not appear fake or bad due to some inner change we ourselves have made. I try not to judge anyone or anything. Observe, listen, feel and then let it go. If it doesn't resonate with you, let it go, someone else may have their lives changed by the very thing that you have classified as "bad".
Old 27-10-2013, 01:21 AM
Glen

A flashy medium that I can think of is Gary Spivey. I have only seen him on short internet clips and he seems to do a lot of radio promotion. Is he real or fake? I don't know. I love his hair.
Old 27-10-2013, 01:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen
IMO - I think the "classification" of good medium bad medium fake medium is not helpful in any way. To me it is just judging an outward appearance from a personal point of view. The thing also to remember is that what we judge today as fake or bad may in a years time not appear fake or bad due to some inner change we ourselves have made. I try not to judge anyone or anything. Observe, listen, feel and then let it go. If it doesn't resonate with you, let it go, someone else may have their lives changed by the very thing that you have classified as "bad".

I understand what you're saying, but also believe that we each have the ability to recognize what does work for us or not. And this thread invited the opinions about what does or does not work.

People always have the choice of taking or letting it go. But if someone asks--I can answer and, perhaps, guide someone to a person they might resonate with.

We all have a right to opinions. What we "resonate with" doesn't have to stay a secret. There are no extra points for doing that.

Lora
Old 27-10-2013, 02:21 AM
Wardenclyffe

I guess I tend to agree with Mac, if I understand him correctly, that mediumship is most important and valuable when it's evidential. That's really what matters in the end to me: it's so easy for people to get conned when they're desperate for some reassurance. So getting reactions that make clear whether a medium is credible or not has the potential to be really helpful to someone looking for solid information. Obviously, not everyone may have the same experience with a given medium, but knowing what people have tended to observe and undergo seems likely to be extremely helpful.
Old 27-10-2013, 03:13 AM
Glen

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker

People always have the choice of taking or letting it go. But if someone asks--I can answer and, perhaps, guide someone to a person they might resonate with.

We all have a right to opinions. What we "resonate with" doesn't have to stay a secret. There are no extra points for doing that.

Lora

Well said - I agree with you. We can always give an opinion when asked for our preference. I may have cut it too harshly when I said "judgement" . For that I apologize. Too often opinions are formed on others opinions rather than experience.
Old 27-10-2013, 12:49 PM
pgrundy

I was thinking of Sylvia Browne, James Van Praagh, John Edwards as "flashy".

Van Praagh runs cruises for grieving people. It's all about the money and the bling.

Last edited by pgrundy : 27-10-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Old 27-10-2013, 03:11 PM
livingkarma

Theresa Caputo, Concetta Bertoldi, Alison DuBois, John Edwards, George Anderson and of course the late great Edgar Cayce ...

I'm fond of Amy Adams ...
The show is based on negative entities; her job is to find it, try to communicate w/it, report back to the clients on her findings & provide guidance on how to remove it ...
Her facial expressions are to be expected when encountering dark entities ...
Anyone who has understands/empathizing w/her reactions - nausea/stomach turning, uneasiness ~ the need to close one's eyes, scrunch up the face, continually sigh to discharge the consuming affects of dark energy ...
I recall feeling this sense of horror when reading my probationer's files ~ most strongly when I met the person - I had one that I actually had to excuse myself to go to the bathroom to vomit ...
I've felt this same sense of sickness w/other people also ~ heebie jeebies ...

As for Theresa Caputo, I just love her ~ she radiates love & positive energy ...
One thing to remember is only the highlights of the reading are shown leaving out alot of other information the producer(s) may think is irrelevant ...
I think a great many people look like her when they're trying figuring something out ...
In her case, she's trying to interpret the meaning of the messages spirit is trying to convey ...
Like Theresa, I also have a tendency to look away from people & bit my bottom lip while processing information ...
For those who have never experienced a loss at a soul level empathy cannot be felt - some people are barely able to express proper sympathy. A soul level loss is years of 24/7 mental anguish, physical pain in a spiritually empty shell that cries out for help as s/he claws their way out of the darkness of the abyss or try their best to keep from sliding down into it over & over ....
Theresa & John Edwards are right where they need to be doing God's work in relieving people of their grief as well as helping to restore faith to go on to healing work ...
What could be important than that ...

To this day I've never had a medium or psychic reading that hit a marker ...
It was obvious I was grieving & that what was fed upon ...
My last reading was so far off the source that the source was not properly identified ...
Old 28-10-2013, 03:38 PM
livingkarma

Watch as these psychics have their abilities tested in the TV show, "America's Psychic Challenge" ...

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/amer...chic-challenge
Old 29-10-2013, 07:26 PM
Stephen333

There are lots of fake mediums and psychics on the internet. The ones offering free readings are an example. You ask them for a reading and you get a reply which is probably the same one they send to everybody (it reads like they've done it specially for you!). It's then that they ask you for money to do more in-depth readings. It's quite insidious really. These people (whoever they are) are taking advantage of people when they might be at their most vulnerable.
Old 30-10-2013, 06:06 AM
Knower
I don't agree with the large amounts they are paid . I would be worried about my ego getting out of control.