Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 22-08-2012, 06:54 PM
Knower
Are spirits all around us right now?

I was thinking about how mediums frequently get contacted by spirits and 'bugged' if you will lol but I was wondering, do ghosts/spirits/entities still try to contact people who aren't mediums? It's not like the spirit can recognise if we are mediums until they try and find out.

I was reading various topics and read about spirits being excited or happy to see people because they believe them to be an old friend or loved one. I was wondering do these said spirits still try and contact us regardless of whether we have abilities or not or is there a signal which flares or attracts spirits to let them know: "yes this person can sense you".

Which brings me to the theory that ghosts/spirits could be all around us poking us, trying to contact us or touch us but most of us don't even feel or see it.
Old 22-08-2012, 07:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remnantique
I was thinking about how mediums frequently get contacted by spirits and 'bugged' if you will lol but I was wondering, do ghosts/spirits/entities still try to contact people who aren't mediums? It's not like the spirit can recognise if we are mediums until they try and find out.

Hi Remnantique .

Each Individual has an energy signature and an aspect of that signature will be expressed within / as their energy field / Aura by means of a colour frequency / vibration .

I would say most spirit life forms will ascertain / be aware as to whether or not the individuals are mediums in this respect although I am sure that most individuals will sense something spirit related in some shape or form .

x daz x
Old 22-08-2012, 07:21 PM
Enya

A person who is open or opening to spiritual growth is like a beacon of light to spirits. That's why many people who are still learning or unaware of how they are progressing can find themselves badgered by spirits desperate to communicate in some way. Even if a person is trained enough to be aware of and respond to spirit people, there's no guarantee they will make the connection the spirit wants, which is why not every psychic or medium will be able to connect and pass on the given information.
Old 22-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Pinkroses

I asked this question once. I had just visited a psychic a few days before who told me I had many spirits around me. I was outside taking a walk and thinking about that very topic. I asked: "Do I really have spirits around me? Are they with me right now?" At that moment I saw a car license plate that read HAWK365. I laughed to myself at the timing of this and decided that must mean that spirits are watching me like a hawk 365 days a year! :)

So, I now believe that we do have some spirits around us at all times to help and guide us.

-Dee
Old 22-08-2012, 08:31 PM
Master

Yes, and they can tell we are different. Even people can sense who is a medium, of they pay attention to it. I usually can tell when others are spiritual, or have the ability. I never really got why though until I was at a college for a sleepover. There were about twenty others there who knew what I could do, I did many readings those few days. One girl came into my room and said that no where else she had goosebumps, but whoever she came near or around me, or anywhere I had been, she got goosebumps, the most frequent I was there, like in my room, she would feel it even more. Each person has a signature, and those who welcome spirits as company or as someone to speak to tend to have a certain vibe.

Project Spirit has set up a energy channel for anyone who needs it. We have it touch down in each country, and net outwards in them. You can access energy from this channel simply by intending to tap into it. Pm me if you'd like more info.

http://www.kindspring.org/
Old 22-08-2012, 08:52 PM
faerie_lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remnantique
... I was wondering, do ghosts/spirits/entities still try to contact people who aren't mediums? It's not like the spirit can recognise if we are mediums until they try and find out.

I was reading various topics and read about spirits being excited or happy to see people because they believe them to be an old friend or loved one. I was wondering do these said spirits still try and contact us regardless of whether we have abilities or not or is there a signal which flares or attracts spirits to let them know: "yes this person can sense you".

Which brings me to the theory that ghosts/spirits could be all around us poking us, trying to contact us or touch us but most of us don't even feel or see it.

First of all, everybody is a medium, most just dont know it. And most aren't interested in trying to develop this ability that everyone has to some degree. We are not all born knowing how to use this ability, and somewhere along the way it gets closed off in lots of cases, but we are all born with the the ability to communicate with the spirit world. And YES, entities try to contact people who haven't developed their ability to speak with them. Most just don't recognize the attempts at communication.

They can also see when people have certain gifts and skills, even if the people themselves dont know it. They can spot a medium or a channeler very easily. It sometimes shocks them a bit if they discover you can actually see them, but they already know when you can communicate with them or have the ability to channel.
Old 23-08-2012, 12:12 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by faerie_lover
First of all, everybody is a medium, most just dont know it. And most aren't interested in trying to develop this ability that everyone has to some degree. We are not all born knowing how to use this ability, and somewhere along the way it gets closed off in lots of cases, but we are all born with the the ability to communicate with the spirit world. And YES, entities try to contact people who haven't developed their ability to speak with them. Most just don't recognize the attempts at communication.

They can also see when people have certain gifts and skills, even if the people themselves dont know it. They can spot a medium or a channeler very easily. It sometimes shocks them a bit if they discover you can actually see them, but they already know when you can communicate with them or have the ability to channel.

Thanks for the post! I was wondering if this is the case then how do we develop our mediumship abilities? I wan to open to spirits too = )
Old 23-08-2012, 01:14 AM
Master

:) I thought this may offer a little insight: http://spiritualguidancetarot.com/ps...hanneling.html
if you need help learning this ability, I can help as will others. Shoot me a pm, or start a thread
Good luck on your journey to come,
~shadedragon
Ps: it's not as hard as it may look. Take bite sized pieces, rather then overwhelming yourself and giving up. Work on the skills you have, and then add in the new, so you don't have so much weight to pull around. As always, stay safe and ask for protection from above for it is there and always will be..

Project Spirit has set up a energy channel for anyone who needs it. We have it touch down in each country, and net outwards in them. You can access energy from this channel simply by intending to tap into it. Pm me if you'd like more info.

http://www.kindspring.org/
Old 23-08-2012, 04:43 AM
Henri77

I've read many many stories where, spirits, fairles, would get "excited-happy" when their presence was acknowledged ....verbally.or mentally.

They can see, are attracted by a persons light. But I feel spirits, angels, guides need recognition-communication to assure them , they are recognized-"heard".

When I get a message-heads up of any useful-positive sort, I always acknowledge the advice... as it strengthens the "connection"
Old 23-08-2012, 04:51 AM
Henri77

While it's true,you attract what you are, what you think.... Be aware the lower astral planes are not heavenly dimensions, and many forms of life may be attracted to ones light, awareness.

Also...many gurus, spiritual teachers caution against "occult" practices, and encourage seeking first, communion with the highest levels of spirit.
(just a thought)