Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Aromatherapy

Old 27-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Master
Do you blend your own

Hi all i just wondered if anyone enjoy's blending thier own massage oils, or shampoo's, bubble baths etc.?

I have done for many year's i am not a trained aromatherapist, but hope to take this up in the future.

I love blending my own shampoo's etc.

I look forward to hearing your replies.

Love Golden Angel ;)x
Old 27-08-2011, 10:51 PM
Master
i've only done one, but blended it myself! def would like to create my own in the future!
Old 28-08-2011, 10:03 PM
Master
Hi RW thank you for sharing. What is your most favourite essential oil?

Mine would have to be Ylang Ylang, jasmine, sweet orange, bergamot and sandalwood

Love GA ;)x
Old 31-08-2011, 11:40 PM
Master
oh i love sandlewood and sweet orange, i like tea tree at the moment helps calm mind
Old 06-09-2011, 10:20 PM
CaramelDancer

I do, I make my own blends.
I am trained in it and sell my own products.
It's a lovely past-time, not a huge money-maker, but I've got creams, scrubs, perfumes, salts, bath treats etc. galore!

I like having a deep base note with a couple middle notes and a hint of a top note.
It is fun and joyous and so good for relaxation, rejuvenation and anti-inflammation. I'm a fan. :)
Old 03-10-2011, 01:58 PM
LightFilledHeart

I use only Young Living Oil products, as I have found no other brands to equal the rigidly enforced therapeutic grade they offer. I use their individual oils as well as their blends (Stress, Valor, Joy, and Tranquiity, Pan Away and Aroma Sieze are favorites that come to mind), but I also blend them single essence oils in a carrier oil and apply to parts of my body that are in need of same. For example I use a blend of lemon, Peppermint, Wintergreen, lavender, Pan Away and Aroma Sieze on a leg that was badly broken and improperly casted, resulting in great soft tissue damage over the years. I rub it in with the YLO vegetable carrier oil and then apply heat to encourage even deeper penetration. That, along with sessions I'm having with an Ortho-bionomist healer friend of mine, have gone a long way towards reducing pain and restoring mobility! THANK GOD for essential oils! They are part of God's pharmacy :)
Old 05-10-2011, 05:22 AM
Quintessence

I blend essential oils, but more for ritual/spellcraft purposes than those listed in the OP. Also, occasionally for medicine, but rarely. I find steam inhalations of eucalyptus and peppermint EOs useful for clearing the sinuses when you have a cold, for example. I've also experimented a bit with putting EOs in candles; still working on refining that. Part of the trick is that they are quite volatile, so much of the aromas - particularly top notes - will evaporate off before the pouring and setting is complete. Need some sort of fixative.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:08 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
I blend essential oils, but more for ritual/spellcraft purposes than those listed in the OP. Also, occasionally for medicine, but rarely. I find steam inhalations of eucalyptus and peppermint EOs useful for clearing the sinuses when you have a cold, for example. I've also experimented a bit with putting EOs in candles; still working on refining that. Part of the trick is that they are quite volatile, so much of the aromas - particularly top notes - will evaporate off before the pouring and setting is complete. Need some sort of fixative.

There is no end to the medicinal value of the therapeutic grade Young Living Oils in assisting one to claim robust health :) They even work for emotional healing and spiritual advancement. These are, after all, Nature's bounty, and I'm of the belief that everything we need is contained in some element of nature :) I haven't really used the oils for spell-craft or other rituals, but I can think of several that would be suitable for same :)
Old 11-11-2011, 06:39 PM
goldentimes

I mix my own oils as I'm got dip. in Aromatherapy, but I do not work with it as no one has the money to spend on their selfs which is understandable.
I sometime use it on my self, but haven't these days. But when I do, like ylang ylang-it's calming to the mind and I like rose oil too.