Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 08-08-2017, 07:35 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Of course there is..

Buddhism comes about it saying there is no real ego.
Nonsense. This is your private belief.
Old 08-08-2017, 07:35 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Of course there is..

My goodness you just don't have a clue as to what you are talking about do you?

Quote:
[Originally Posted by Ground]
[Which of course has nothing to do with buddhism. Why? Because there is no such thing as 'ego' in buddhism.

It is as always: people prefer to expound their private beliefs but ignore buddhism in this buddhist forum.]

%%%%%%%%%%%%

Jonesboy, ego is depending on viewing at which angle and what perspective. Ego is self design or natural existence. So it's valid in everyone's mind.

Ground, what's private beliefs to you? Is it something new or not following scriptures or beyond your comprehension. Just imagine like this, a kid who never sits in an aeroplane and no one tells him what's it. And after that he goes to tell his friends that the machine-god has brought him fly to the sky.

But if someone has told him before, then he will tell his friends that he has sat on an aeroplane. Then he'll not making that mistake. So when someone tell you something more than a religion if you also like the boy deny to know something new or never someone tells him before then you will become ignorance.

Or if Buddha Sakyamuni teaching is not available in this world (he never had discovered those belief of his own) then you'll never know about Buddhism teaching of cessation, nirvana, enlightenment ........ So what's ego to you? And what's "his own beliefs" to you?
Old 08-08-2017, 07:38 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
Quote:
Ground, what's private beliefs to you?
All what you are saying here is private belief in the context of this buddhist forum. Why? Because it is not supported by authentic buddhist texts.
Old 08-08-2017, 07:47 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground
All what you are saying here is private belief in the context of this buddhist forum. Why? Because it is not supported by authentic buddhist texts.

So you're already or always a copycat or rote to the end of your life? Or you don't know that Buddha is my mentor. You should then know that what I said is equally to Buddhist text. I can invent new ideas for Buddhism teaching. But can you to base on what that you can do? Only from Tibetan Buddhism texts. That's a bit backwards learning.
Old 08-08-2017, 07:51 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
Or you don't know that Buddha is my mentor. You should then know that what I said is equally to Buddhist text.

you are a magnificent ignorant.
Old 08-08-2017, 07:58 PM
Suspended
Quote:

you are a magnificent ignorant.

Why not you tell Buddha Sakyamuni about your words? Said this way, why you taught Jeremy, he told us more than I could perceive. .....

Below is I found from Googling:

To many, Buddhism goes beyond religion and is more of a philosophy or 'way of life' ... anyone in fact the Buddha himself asked his followers to test the teaching rather ...

It's obvious that my doing is a way of life with the spiritual realm. Then you've to accept that as a result of "way of life" as you like to rote from somewhere....
Old 08-08-2017, 07:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Nonsense. This is your private belief.

No it is not. Just search Anatta and you will find the same answer.

Buddhism doesn't deny the rock in front of you or the ego you are trapped in as you attack everyone that disagrees with you.

It just say's that ultimately.. there is no such thing.. So do the practices to achieve that which you haven't realized and attain Wisdom.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:05 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
No it is not.
It is thats for sure.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:09 PM
Suspended
Ascender

jonesboy, why don't you provide syllogisms that support your assertions?
Old 08-08-2017, 08:10 PM
Master
What would you say, are the most important points you're trying to make, Ground? (in this thread?)