Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 24-10-2010, 03:01 AM
Kalikdania

Your Definition of God

I'd love to hear everyone's definitions of God. If it applies to your beliefs, can you try and explain what "he" looks like, if he has human needs like eating and sleeping, where he lives exactly and what his purpose is in relation to keeping humanity in-check. Thanks everyone!
Old 24-10-2010, 03:03 AM
Master
It's not a she or he. God/Goddess is in me and I am in God/Goddess. we are expressions of God/Goddess, we are here for God/Goddess to allow him/her to experience what we experience, God/Goddess learns through us.
No God/Goddess has no human needs.
We are his/her needs.
I believe I as a human am like a cell in God/Godesses body.
I also believe that when we pass, we become part of God/Goddess but we dont' loose our self identities as we all become souls
Spiritlite.
Old 24-10-2010, 05:14 AM
Guide
God obviously doesn't have human needs like eating or sleeping. He is infinite, eternal, and infallible and those qualities are not consistent with an infallible God.

God is love. I don't think God's purpose has ever been to keep humanity in-check. Rather his purpose is to ensure that humanity has an opportunity to evolve and grow and that every individual who chooses to be is saved.
Old 24-10-2010, 04:04 PM
Master
God is Love
Spiritlite
Old 25-10-2010, 10:38 PM
Shim

A false idea would be idolatry

Psalm 50:21

These things you have done and I kept silent;
you thought I was altogether like you.
But I will rebuke you
and accuse you to your face.

What are the characteristics and attributes of God? I think that that may lead us closer to understanding the nature of the One and true God.
Old 26-10-2010, 03:57 AM
Pathfinder

"I'd love to hear everyone's definitions of God. If it applies to your beliefs, can you try and explain what "he" looks like, if he has human needs like eating and sleeping, where he lives exactly and what his purpose is in relation to keeping humanity in-check. Thanks everyone!"

Hello Kalikdania,
Very interesting anthropomorphic questions? I do not believe that God has any type of human needs besides maybe Love. I understand that wanting to know God may require a human being to attribute human qualities to God. But, God is not human. God is beyond any thing a human mind can imagine, yet God is as close to you as the air you breathe, surrounds us like air, like water. Omnipresent. God is in all places at all times. God's home is every where and within every thing. The essence of God is what animates the universe and gives you life. God's Spirit animates all life. In my opinion, God created the all of existence from parts of itself. Thus, God is intertwined with every thing and is connected to every thing. I am sure there are some within this world and throughout history who have seen God. I see reflections of God every day when I see and feel my brothers and sisters in this world act with selflessness, compassion, and Love towards others without expectation of a reward. To Love others as God Loves all of us. When you can see this in others and in yourself you will see God's reflection. Maybe that is all we are able to see, but to me it is enough. I could give you a real long winded answer, and maybe I already have, but it is really for you to explore your questions for yourself. I am just sharing my opinion and I hope that I have pointed you in some sort of direction. I am not always sure and I try to be careful as to whether what I share will hinder or help you.
Much Love to You,
Saint Seraphim
Old 26-10-2010, 05:05 PM
ete233

god is telepathic love
Old 26-10-2010, 05:07 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalikdania
I'd love to hear everyone's definitions of God. If it applies to your beliefs, can you try and explain what "he" looks like, if he has human needs like eating and sleeping, where he lives exactly and what his purpose is in relation to keeping humanity in-check. Thanks everyone!

i believe in god and i spell it nature. and thats all i got to say about that.
Old 27-10-2010, 01:22 AM
Shim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey

i believe in god and i spell it nature. and thats all i got to say about that.

Hi Gracey,

Are you referring to creation and not the Creator?