Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Closed Thread

Old 14-01-2007, 11:00 AM
Monkey

Jesus and reincarnation.

Hi,

I am a liberal minded Christian. A friend of mine who is Jewish told me before going back to the States that Jesus, as a Jew, would have believed in reincarnation. I don't know how true this is since for all I know, my friend could have belonged to some fringe group of Judaism. So, I was wondering if this is true? I don't know much about Judaism, which is weird to me considering the fellow I am a follower of, was one. It would certainly make for some interesting conversations with fundamentalists if that is the case.

Regards,

Monkey.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:43 AM
Enlightener

Cerebral cement

I don't think Jesus was trying to start any fundamental organisation of any sort. He was simply helping us remember. And also, I think that he would have believed in reincarnation, not because he was a "jew" but because he knew a few things about life and the universe, and how it functions.

Enlightndelkkjesr;ksd;lxdflkfdgplkdxsplkjgfdkmbvdf mlvdffer
Old 05-03-2007, 04:04 AM
tiltjlp

Although I realize you asked your question simply to begin a discussion. But as a non-Christian, I'd think it's less important what Jesus believed or didn't, and more important what you believe.

John
Old 05-04-2007, 10:31 PM
Muddler

There are many indications that reincarnation was far more widely belived as a doctrine in Jesus' time than we generally recognise today. Remember references to how contemporary Jews wondered whether Jesus was Elijah?

Gnostic beliefs in this regard are also very pertinent.
Old 13-04-2007, 08:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltjlp
Although I realize you asked your question simply to begin a discussion. But as a non-Christian, I'd think it's less important what Jesus believed or didn't, and more important what you believe.

John

Personally I think it matters very much what some one like Jesus believed, not from a religious perspective but from the point of view that if he was a real master, or an avatar, as hindus believe, then he knew the answers, the truth. What we believe is often immaterial, becuase we are not sure if we are right.
Old 13-04-2007, 09:11 AM
dreamer

Hey Peteyzen and John, it seems you are both right, maybe both are required to know the truth?
Old 13-04-2007, 09:14 AM
tiltjlp

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
Personally I think it matters very much what some one like Jesus believed, not from a religious perspective but from the point of view that if he was a real master, or an avatar, as hindus believe, then he knew the answers, the truth. What we believe is often immaterial, becuase we are not sure if we are right.

I understand and appreciate your comments peteyzen. I simply feel that since it's impossible to know exactly what Jesus or most any other "master" held as true on a first hand basis, we need to judge for ourselves rather than blindly accepting what just anyone tells us. While I might now be positive if my beliefs are 100% accurate, with meditation and discerment, I do feel I can weed out much that is false. I'm only saying that it's not wise to blindly believe everyone and anyone.

John
Old 13-04-2007, 09:25 AM
dreamer

Maybe we could test what Jesus held to be true and see if it works for "me", like an attentive pupil of a good teacher might do if she wanted to master the masters skill? Onlt the teacher can teach it but only the pupil can master it. You're both right. :-)
Closed Thread