Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 14-07-2011, 09:21 PM
rainbowcrow

Do we know when we are going to die?

I have heard or read a hand-full of stories of people who somehow knew that they were going to pass at a certain time or age. Some seem to know just a few days or weeks before their death and mention it to another or someone might start talking about how they want their funeral to go and another might start getting their affairs into order.
I have heard also of something that was I think labelled the "death mantel" or something to that effect, and that it appears or surrounds a person about 3 months before the time of death. I wish I could remember where I read it.
Does our soul know when we are going to leave the earthly plane and begin some sort of subtle preparations before passing? If as a soul we have a 'blueprint' of our physical lives, it would make sense that there would be a 'knowing' of when we are going home? Anyway I was just wondering if anyone has heard similar stories or has any thoughts they'd like to share?
Old 14-07-2011, 10:10 PM
DaveStar

I'm gonna die young :>)

Don't know how i know, i just know, you know. lol.

But got to do Gods will 1st :>)
Old 16-07-2011, 06:36 PM
Seperate_Reality

We each, as spiritual beings, have the native ability to simply know things sometimes. What you know is what you know. A car owner might know, that his or her car is going to start breaking down soon, so will sell or trade it in on a newer car. We are each non-physical, immortal, spiritual beings and are not the mortal, physical, human body we operate (like a car) and view in a mirror, so can sometimes be aware of when death of this human body is near.
Old 17-07-2011, 09:53 PM
Experiencer
Some have a knowing for example my mother's late partner, really quite healthy, had an appointment at a hospital, a minor adjustment to his pacemaker. As he left the house, he turned to my mother and said 'I have a feeling I won't be back' He was right, he didn't come back, he passed away whilst in the hospital.
Old 26-07-2011, 08:08 AM
Trieah

There was a man that I had fallen head over heals in love with. But he and I never actually got to meet in person. He always knew that he would die fairly young because of his medical condition, so he lived his life to the fullest. He became quite famous throughout the world, and spared no expense on leading the good life. Though I'd read stories from his friends, about how he was lonely because he could never find the one person his heart told him was out there waiting for him.

Now whether that really was me, or not, I just don't know for sure. It just kinda hurts too much to think about it, so I try not to. I foolishly didn't follow my gut instinct and missed my one and only chance to finally meet him in person. But, about 2 1/2 months before he died, he actually come to me in a dream. He asked me where I had been. And said that he'd see me everywhere, but never understood why I never came to talk to him. I had to look him in the eye and tell him, "Well. . . , you're Andre the Giant. And I'm just a young single mother on welfare (at the time)." That didn't seem to matter to him, and eventually we wound up talking, though it felt more like we were old friends seeing each other for the first time in years. Everything seemed to be going great, until all of a sudden, I shot up out of bed and exclaimed, "He's gonna die."

I tried so hard to convince myself that it wasn't real. That was just about the only way I could get myself to stop crying and go back to sleep. Then about 2 1/2 months later, my sister told me that she heard on the news that he had died. I refused to believe her. But the instant I heard the requiem bell at the beginning of the wrestling show, my heart sank.

A couple of years ago, I had a tarot card reading done that said someone I had been in a relationship with before, would be coming back into my life. Then a few months after that, I got introduced to the ability to help lost souls cross over into the Light. Andre was the first spirit who came to me for help. He was always around for the longest time. But now, so many other things had happened in the spirit world, that I don't really get to see him quite as often any more. I did find out the he and I have had a few past lives together though.
Old 27-07-2011, 12:59 AM
rainbowcrow

Trieah, thank you for sharing your really lovely story It really resonated with me as I actually had a very similar experience (although my spirit friend was not famous), and even though our paths crossed quite a few times and I was 'drawn' to him in a way I didn't understand back then, I never did get to know him before he died. I have got to know him since though and we still have a strong connection.

rc xo
Old 27-07-2011, 01:06 AM
Gracey

i never did think so until i saw my doppelganger in my house one day. did not understand why she was there. then a week later i dreamt of her and she showed me (i experienced) my own death in a "dream". i died with two adult twin boys who were my children.....five years after the dream, i gave birth to twin boys.....so i know my death and about the time it will happen, but not the exact time.
Old 28-07-2011, 04:37 AM
Trieah

Thanks Rainbowcrow I'm glad you were able to get in contact with your friend after his death
Old 28-07-2011, 08:43 PM
rainbowcrow

Wow, Gracey that is quite amazing. I wonder if your "doppelganger" was your higher self and perhaps she has shown you only one of the possible paths that lead to your death? Interesting! Thank you for sharing

rc xo
Old 28-07-2011, 08:51 PM
Gracey

i dont know, i dream like this all the time, so i struggle with the concept of free will, i try all different lines of thought to believe there is free will, just cant believe it at this time....

as for my higher self, dont know, but definitely was my "future" self.