Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 01-03-2012, 11:56 AM
The Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
You say you don't believe but everything you state is a belief :P

lol! "i dont believe" is a belief in itself.

i believe that what makes something truth is defined by the definition of truth. lol

if we dont stick to the definitions - then we would have sentences like "fish trousers elephant" - now if i was actually talking about icelollys then i would not be able to communicate that to you.

hmmm however! - if truth is not defined by how we as humans define truth - then.... well then we are in trouble!
Old 01-03-2012, 12:08 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eagle
lol! "i dont believe" is a belief in itself.

i believe that what makes something truth is defined by the definition of truth. lol

if we dont stick to the definitions - then we would have sentences like "fish trousers elephant" - now if i was actually talking about icelollys then i would not be able to communicate that to you.

hmmm however! - if truth is not defined by how we as humans define truth - then.... well then we are in trouble!

LOL Yes and even if truth is defined by how we are humans define truth we are in trouble.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:19 PM
The Eagle

Quote:
LOL Yes and even if truth is defined by how we are humans define truth we are in trouble.

sooooo...... because truth is defined as it is (the exactness of it). the closest we can get - is believe in the concept of truth whether it exists or not. lol
Old 01-03-2012, 09:36 PM
Master
Quote:
it doesnt explain how you know there is "no thing" though.

You know there is no thing in silent awareness.. the same way you know of things that are thoughts.

Using words like 'no thing' and 'unboundaried beingness' comes after the fact of
formless knowing beyond the ordinary mind.

It's important to investigate for yourself, Eagle. Just watch out for any tendency to close one's mind against unknown possibilities, and different avenues of exploration beyond thought.

Xan

Old 02-03-2012, 09:29 AM
The Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
You know there is no thing in silent awareness.. the same way you know of things that are thoughts.

Using words like 'no thing' and 'unboundaried beingness' comes after the fact of
formless knowing beyond the ordinary mind.

It's important to investigate for yourself, Eagle. Just watch out for any tendency to close one's mind against unknown possibilities, and different avenues of exploration beyond thought.

Xan

again wihtout the absence of thought - you cant be aware. if you disguise the idea that it is a thought i can see how you have come to that conclusion.

its important to consider what i am saying - i am not saying that what you have stated isn't truth - i am saying it is a belief of truth held by you.

however i will say - when an individual says something is truth - they have close thier mind to possibilities.

if "no thing" is "beyond thought" then in actuality we cant ever think it or experience it. if you cant think it or experience it - you certainly can't know it.
- but you can believe in it.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:27 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
again wihtout the absence of thought - you cant be aware. if you disguise the idea that it is a thought i can see how you have come to that conclusion.

its important to consider what i am saying - i am not saying that what you have stated isn't truth - i am saying it is a belief of truth held by you.

however i will say - when an individual says something is truth - they have close thier mind to possibilities.

if "no thing" is "beyond thought" then in actuality we cant ever think it or experience it. if you cant think it or experience it - you certainly can't know it.
- but you can believe in it.

In the no thing is every thing.......if we are connected, the free flow from that space becomes a potential of possiblities....that become known when we create from that space in any way we choose. Is that not creation being born and the only belief required is in ourselves?
Old 02-03-2012, 02:26 PM
The Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
In the no thing is every thing.......if we are connected, the free flow from that space becomes a potential of possiblities....that become known when we create from that space in any way we choose. Is that not creation being born and the only belief required is in ourselves?

not sure i follow what you are saying. perhaps you can explain?

belief is only "required" when an individual has a motive in mind.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:26 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper

Very wise words Silent Whisper : )
Old 02-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Master
again wihtout the absence of thought - you cant be aware.

Eagle... I think you meant "'with' the absence of thought you can't be aware", since that's what you've been saying.

But you can. In silent meditation there is no thought and there is awareness.

It's good to keep an open mind about possibilities you have not yet discovered.

~ ~

Old 02-03-2012, 09:09 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
Very wise words Silent Whisper : )

Thankyou Shabby...