Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 04-03-2012, 11:11 AM
The Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by athribiristan
Well, one thing is certain: If you do not believe you can know the truth then you never will.

Lol. To believe can know the truth or to believe you cant is a belief either way. So can you "know" truth just because you believe you can?
Old 04-03-2012, 11:12 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eagle
I think that would be a concept of "ceasing to seek"

To use senses doesnt exclude logic. To feel you still have to think. Intuition is a belief. Lol.

Are you sure about all this?
Old 04-03-2012, 11:18 AM
The Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
Are you sure about all this?

I believe it is logical. Lol.

Senses bring in information which we then use logic (i.e. Thought) to create a belief about reality.

Without the thought process then you dont take information in. Likewise with feeling.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:26 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
I believe it is logical. Lol.

Senses bring in information which we then use logic (i.e. Thought) to create a belief about reality.

Without the thought process then you dont take information in. Likewise with feeling.

Just checking you were sure...
Old 04-03-2012, 11:33 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
i believe:

we can never actually know anything. we as mankind can never know truth. only believe in something that we think it truth. we believe so strongly in something that we think we know that we call it truth.

how do we get to knowing? logical deduction of experience? experience is individual. experience relies on information received from our senses so it is therefore flawed from the start.

what is reality but the accepted belief of truth?

is truth or reality important? - yes. lol. its important to believe in things we think we know.

keeping doubt part of wisdom is wisdom indeed.

Ok I doubted you all the way through my space of sharing....so I will keep doubting in wisdom...regardless of what you say.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Lol. To believe can know the truth or to believe you cant is a belief either way. So can you "know" truth just because you believe you can?

That's not what I said at all. You infer that because a belief that you cannot know the truth will keep you from doing so that the opposite must also be true.

At least if you believe you can know the truth, you are open to the possibility. Otherwise you are not, and never will.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:18 AM
The Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by athribiristan
That's not what I said at all. You infer that because a belief that you cannot know the truth will keep you from doing so that the opposite must also be true.

At least if you believe you can know the truth, you are open to the possibility. Otherwise you are not, and never will.

I see what you are saying but iis impossible to know anyway down to the human condition.

The closest anyone can get is believe they know the truth. Whether that belief of truth represents truth or not it can never be actually known.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:21 AM
The Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
Ok I doubted you all the way through my space of sharing....so I will keep doubting in wisdom...regardless of what you say.

Your posts are leading me to believe you are deliberately attempting to be offensive or just think you are being funny. Which one do you believe you are doing?

Doubting me is fine. The logic is there to follow to gain an understanding of why I say it. So far you havent been able to break the logic and havent given an alternative other than saying what you believe.

To doubt in someone elses wisdom is only part of it. Do you doubt your own??

Last edited by The Eagle : 05-03-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Old 15-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Chraeloos

Quote:
i believe:

we can never actually know anything. we as mankind can never know truth. only believe in something that we think it truth. we believe so strongly in something that we think we know that we call it truth.

how do we get to knowing? logical deduction of experience? experience is individual. experience relies on information received from our senses so it is therefore flawed from the start.

what is reality but the accepted belief of truth?

is truth or reality important? - yes. lol. its important to believe in things we think we know.

keeping doubt part of wisdom is wisdom indeed.

Everything we know, everything we say is based on language. Language in itself is a metaphor. The only thing we can know for sure is math, and even that is subject to our minds metaphors. So, in that way, yes nothing we know is "truth", but it's the closest we can ever get. We have to change things into metaphors because its the only way our brain works.

Have you read Descarte's Meditations? I think you'd get a lot out of it.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:18 AM
Truth

Knowledge is available to all mankind. You will find what you seek if you sincerly seek it. Truth is written everywhere in the world especially in our own hearts. Truth is not what you make it. That's like saying that everyone is right because they believe they are when truth cannot contradict itself. The truth is the truth even if no one believes it to be true. Faith can lead you to truth. Like I have faith that what the one said about dinasours walking alongside man is true. I've never done the research but I can feel it's validity. Truth can be felt. The truth is lies can be uncovered. Once you know what truth is you know what it isn't because truth isn't foreign to itself.