Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 15-11-2010, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly1
I don't want to come back here again.......truly......
I'm working on that myself - and it is alot of
deliberate, conscious, consistent work, focus and dedicated effort.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-11-2010, 06:12 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

Why do we seek to come back if we know that life might be one of hardship and in the end death again ?
If the Soul truly holds memory as many of us feel it does then WHY does it choose to come back over and over again. Many of us have hard lives faced with physical and mental at times hardships. We too at times have a life of great loss around us. Personal struggles or living condition struggles. YET our Soul comes forth again and again.
One can say its on that path of learning to become enlightened but what does that path truly mean ? Enlightened to what ? To be what ?

Lynn

We change from one moment to the next, perhaps a dozen times a day. You might read something on here and a light bulb goes on inside your head, it might be a nugget but that nugget will grow inside you and turn out to be a paradigm shift. Then suddenly we come back to the same situation again so are we going round in circles? Only if you see it that way, but you've changed since you were last here - you can't not have. It's about spirals not circles. You're back in the same situation but there's been a paradigm shift in your thinking since you were last here, so everything can look very different. You get into an argument and you get flattened, but you've gained something from it. The next time the argument comes around you use what you gain and it's not you that gets flattened this time.

Same with Past Lives. That Life you were that person with those experiences, this time you're a very different person with difference experiences. This time you're coming at it from a different angle.
Old 15-11-2010, 07:31 AM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Why does a woman continue having children when at the same time she says that giving birth was painful ?.

Oddly enough, that pain of childbirth seems to fade very quickly for most women,Robbie.. we can remember all the gory details, but not the actual pain. I had a serious accident with fire when I was 15. To this day, if I am splashed with hot grease, all that agony comes flooding back.
So perhaps reincarnation is similar; when we get to the other side, the pain is not as horrid or as real.
Personally for me, it would be okay if I didn't come back. However I do not like the idea of unfinished business and would rather get it all sorted out and in balance.

Last edited by Summerland : 15-11-2010 at 10:50 AM.
Old 15-11-2010, 07:37 AM
supernova

I never think we do not want to be born again just because this life is full of woes. I see so many smiles and moments of joys that overcome moments of pains and overall life is joyous
Old 15-11-2010, 08:42 AM
Sangress

In short: We just aren't finished.

Survival doesn't frown upon suffering, it just keeps on ruthlessly continuing.

And so do we whether we enjoy it or not.
Old 15-11-2010, 09:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerland
Oddly enough, that pain of childbirth seems to fade very quickly for most women,Robbie.. we can remember all the gory details, but not the actual pain. I had a serious accident with fire when I was 15. To this day, if I am splashed with hot grease, all that agony comes flooding back.
So perhaps reincarnation is similar; when we get to the other side, the pain is not as horrid or as real.
Personally for me, it would be okay if I didn't come back. However I do not like the idea of undinished business and would rather get it all sorted out and in balance.
Yes you don't have to come back to do that, you can finish it all in this life by just Realizing your true SELF, the jig will then be up, the ego will be caught out. I hope to see you there, I'll be waiting and I'll give you a big Cosmic hug.
Old 15-11-2010, 09:52 AM
Master
I think that all souls are compelled to work their way towards becoming one with Source again. This happens through 'experience'. Through Life. There just isnt much for a soul to 'gain' by hanging out doing absolutely nothing. Im not even sure that would be possible actually for a soul to do absolutely nothing.

Or it could be seen kind of in reverse, in the sense that God/Source has all souls, and all of creation, on the end of a fishing line and is slowly reeling it all in.
Old 15-11-2010, 10:06 AM
supernova

The thrill of coming back is infinite and I once to come back to this planet to be with all those whom I might miss or to please those who might have grieved for me at my departure and a second-coming will be a moment of rejoice amongst my nears and dears. The very though of coming back is so much exhilarating what about really coming back?

Old 15-11-2010, 10:09 AM
Master
Nothing comes back, everything just changers, ever changing.........
Old 15-11-2010, 10:50 AM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Yes you don't have to come back to do that, you can finish it all in this life by just Realizing your true SELF, the jig will then be up, the ego will be caught out. I hope to see you there, I'll be waiting and I'll give you a big Cosmic hug.

Will you bring Teddy and a song?