Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 09-07-2018, 04:39 PM
Knower

ambiguous terms vegan/vegetarian

you know what i'm tired of. the current understanding of food, and how we create labels like vegetarian and vegan, which still include foods that are maladaptive for your light, voice, solar plexus, sacral, and third eye. I exclude crown because the optimal option to activate your crown is fasting and giving up the idea that food should be tasty, creamy and velvety with an extra large diet soda.

Certain principles apply to the following diet, which I believe is ideal for achieving the ultimate balance between the chakra system.

I'm not going to give it a name. Come up with your own.

-No coffee or stimulants. Water.

-Avoid the following. Cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, kale, etc...).
Things like radishes that have that nasty after taste.
Processed foods because i'm certain things go into the food behind closed doors and walls that contain things that people would never eat. I sometimes wonder what kind of food meat goes into...with the current structure of ties and policy for food and food manufacturing that is quite sickening.
I'm pretty sure if you knew what went into that chineses buffet creamy chicken like meat from many sources you wouldnt eat it.
-Avoid alcohol

-Top foods

Carrot sticks, Chickpeas, Oats, Apples, mango, watermelon, pineapple, kiwi, RASPBERRIES

Turmeric, cumin seeds, Celtic Sea Salt and Fresh Black pepper.

Eat this way and treat food as nothing more then energy.

Watch what happens.

Eat twice a day. Eat small portions. Snack on fruits.
Old 09-07-2018, 06:08 PM
Master
Well vegan and vegetarian diets don't tell you anything about health, just what foods they do not eat. They are useful terms for food labels, restaurants, and when other people want to know or need to know in case they prepare a meal. Of course vegan and vegetarian meals can be unhealthy..

Foods and drinks definitely have a spiritual component. If you really want to go completely 'spiritual' (as in asceticism...) then an organic vegan diet is most likely best, coupled with minimal exercise as you'd do meditation for hours a day, so you'd be low on carbs and protein as well, and would eat mostly fruits, nuts, seeds, and vegetables. There's some mentioning of it in the bible and of course also the eastern religions. For most of us who also want to do other things in life (exercise, sex, stimulation, etc.) that isn't optional or appealing, however I very much respect any person that really goes all the way dedicating life to spirituality practically.
Old 10-07-2018, 11:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturewalker24
Hi naturewalker. You already gave it a name, you used very specific identifiers such as:

foods that are maladaptive for your light
giving up the idea that food should be tasty, creamy and velvety
ideal for achieving the ultimate balance between the chakra system

I've been eating nothing but fruit and vegetables since 2011. I don't call myself anything because I don't like labels. I eat what I eat. But neither do I label my diet anti-maladaptive, or anti-tasty, or chakra-enhancing. I eat that which makes me feel the best, and that doesn't cause digestion issues.

Religious and spiritual beliefs have a way of sneaking into every thing we do, and very often in the form of hardened do's and dont's. Those do's and dont's, to me, are exactly the same as labels. Stating that only certain foods, eaten in certain amounts, will evolve your chakra or what have you, is labeling.

Eat what feels right and good. Be truthful to your body, and honest about what you consume. That's all one needs to do. There are no rules beyond that, because those are the same rules that apply to every human action and deed, and not just one's diet.

EDIT: I just checked your profile. You state you love creamy waffles. That certainly sheds light on the multiple "creamy" references in your post! What I don't understand though is, doesn't your love of creamy waffles, go against everything you spoke to in that post? It doesn't matter to me one way or the other what you love to eat, I'm just asking because it seems such an odd contradiction.
Old 11-07-2018, 08:13 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Hi naturewalker. You already gave it a name, you used very specific identifiers such as:

foods that are maladaptive for your light
giving up the idea that food should be tasty, creamy and velvety
ideal for achieving the ultimate balance between the chakra system

I've been eating nothing but fruit and vegetables since 2011. I don't call myself anything because I don't like labels. I eat what I eat. But neither do I label my diet anti-maladaptive, or anti-tasty, or chakra-enhancing. I eat that which makes me feel the best, and that doesn't cause digestion issues.

Religious and spiritual beliefs have a way of sneaking into every thing we do, and very often in the form of hardened do's and dont's. Those do's and dont's, to me, are exactly the same as labels. Stating that only certain foods, eaten in certain amounts, will evolve your chakra or what have you, is labeling.

Eat what feels right and good. Be truthful to your body, and honest about what you consume. That's all one needs to do. There are no rules beyond that, because those are the same rules that apply to every human action and deed, and not just one's diet.

EDIT: I just checked your profile. You state you love creamy waffles. That certainly sheds light on the multiple "creamy" references in your post! What I don't understand though is, doesn't your love of creamy waffles, go against everything you spoke to in that post? It doesn't matter to me one way or the other what you love to eat, I'm just asking because it seems such an odd contradiction.

I don't know. Why do you care so much about the language I choose to use?

"Be truthful to your body". Feel the desire to eat maladaptive taco bell and go for the grand slam
Old 11-07-2018, 11:05 AM
Master
Quote:
I don't know. Why do you care so much about the language I choose to use?

"Be truthful to your body". Feel the desire to eat maladaptive taco bell and go for the grand slam
Okay, that was some kind of aggressive response, I guess you have something against casual conversational replies, oh dear! Have a great day naturewalker.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:55 PM
Seeker
Naturewalker,

I’m not sure I follow your rationale here as to vegan ambiguity.

Without a clear and agreed-upon term like “vegan” how will we come to collective understanding about what is ordered and what will be served?

If I start in on chakras when I’m ordering I think I’m going to get a lot of confused thousand-yard stares. If you start Naturewalker’s Chakratarian Movement then isn’t that just a new label?

Best regards and may the only raspberries you eat be uppercase ones,

Northern Seeker

PS. I’ve been vegan for 12 years for ethical reasons. Animals are some of my favorite people.

PPS. I’m not sure I want to know what a “creamy spit waffle” is... ;)
Old 11-07-2018, 11:45 PM
Master

Quote:
you know what i'm tired of. the current understanding of food, and how we create labels like vegetarian and vegan, which still include foods that are maladaptive for your light, voice, solar plexus, sacral, and third eye. I exclude crown because the optimal option to activate your crown is fasting and giving up the idea that food should be tasty, creamy and velvety with an extra large diet soda.

Certain principles apply to the following diet, which I believe is ideal for achieving the ultimate balance between the chakra system.

-No coffee or stimulants. Water.

-Avoid the following. Cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, kale, etc...).
Things like radishes that have that nasty after taste.
Processed foods because i'm certain things go into the food behind closed doors and walls that contain things that people would never eat. I sometimes wonder what kind of food meat goes into...with the current structure of ties and policy for food and food manufacturing that is quite sickening.
I'm pretty sure if you knew what went into that chineses buffet creamy chicken like meat from many sources you wouldnt eat it.
-Avoid alcohol

-Top foods

Carrot sticks, Chickpeas, Oats, Apples, mango, watermelon, pineapple, kiwi, RASPBERRIES

Turmeric, cumin seeds, Celtic Sea Salt and Fresh Black pepper.

Eat this way and treat food as nothing more then energy.

Watch what happens.

Eat twice a day. Eat small portions. Snack on fruits.

I know quite a lot about nutrition, and I'm telling you: you gave here terrible eating recommendations. Don't do it, and don't promote it!
Old 12-07-2018, 09:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Seeker
If you start Naturewalker’s Chakratarian Movement then isn’t that just a new label?
:) Very funny, and exactly the point I was attempting to make.
Quote:
Without a clear and agreed-upon term like “vegan” how will we come to collective understanding about what is ordered and what will be served?
I read this, and the question I have is why is it important to be so specific that one's diet requires a label such as vegan? Wouldn't it be okay to come up with a list of healthy dietary options that might even include a few things that aren't vegan? One person I know for example has a diet that is almost all vegan, but still loves having fish a couple times a week.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:44 AM
Seeker
Baile,

Your question is a good example of the importance of language specificity that we were discussing on that other thread yesterday (see “All the Hobbits...”).

If I went into a restaurant and said “Garçon, please bring me something that you subjectively feel didn’t involve animal cruelty” then who knows just what I might be eating? Fish, because he feels that they don’t experience pain?

Without a precise, generally well understood term (at least in the food industry) like “vegan” then we’d be at the mercy of a thousand cockamamie interpretations.

Northern Seeker
Old 12-07-2018, 12:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Without a precise, generally well understood term (at least in the food industry) like “vegan” then we’d be at the mercy of a thousand cockamamie interpretations.
Okay I hear you. Now, you strive for precision in your communication, so let me respond with this: I thought (and I may be wrong) that this thread and discussion had to do with foods and diet routines that are healthy. Fish isn't cockamamie, most people and even spiritual experts consider it healthy and necessary. I don't eat it, but I understand why others would.

You appear interested in a vegan only discussion. So how is that not "labeling" as well? I was saying all labels can be dropped, and that a general list of healthy foods can be put together. Then if you're vegan, just don't follow the list's fish suggestion for example.