Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Loving Tributes & Remembrance

Old 12-08-2014, 03:35 PM
Ascender
I remember him from his movie bicentennial man. I love that movie! Shows how love is indeed very powerful that even a robot learned how to love. He will be missed. Such talent. And unfortunately it is true in his case that the people who makes others laugh are usually the ones who are in despair inside.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:06 PM
Master
mork and mindy,,,bread and butter...he hadn't seemed right for a long whiles...strange he died like his on screen son in "the best dad in the world" i think it was called...odd film that was...thats if he did die of asphyxiation? something strange occurring maybe? rip man, thanks for the laughs

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 12-08-2014, 09:33 PM
Administrator
Robin was a great entertainer his movies his programmes toutched everyone, the world has lost another great actor may he rest in peace.lets hope the media leave his family to grieve in peace.

Namaste
Old 12-08-2014, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator
I am glad you posted this, Aki.
Robin Williams was a nice man, I always sensed that. May his spirit be blessed on his journey home now.
Old 13-08-2014, 07:44 AM
Master
He was a rarity i.e. a genuinely funny man. He would have blended well with Monty Python which is the highest praise I can give. Will be greatly missed.
Old 13-08-2014, 02:34 PM
Master

My favourite Robin Williams clip ....

Particuarly poignant under the circumstances ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYonzhFT_z4

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 13-08-2014, 10:52 PM
Raven Poet

Aki, I am so grateful that you started a thread on the tragic passing of Robin Williams. Thank you for doing so; he has been on my mind ever since the news of his death.

He was a hero of mine in my "teeny bopper" years, when the TV show "Mork & Mindy" came out. I dressed up like Mork on Halloween and borrowed his sayings like "Shazbot!" And whenever a movie came out that featured Mr. Williams, I made sure to watch it. I loved his fabulous acting talent! He repeatedly showed us that he was much more than a typecasted comedian; his roles in "Good Will Hunting", "Dead Poets Society", "Rain Man", "Mrs. Doubtfire", and my favourites "Patch Adams" and "What Dreams May Come" proved he was an extremely talented actor artist. He was one in a gazillion.

I was so shocked and sad to hear of his death. It made me ask so many things, like: why couldn't all his "friends" have reached out to him through the paralysing fog of depression and cradled him in his hours of darkness? All these Hollywood celebrities saying it's such a tragedy ... blah blah blah. I've heard this so many times before about the tragic death of gifted actors ... when will somebody DO something other than just talk about it? Depression and suicidal thoughts happen to ALL people, including the "rich and famous".

Perhaps some people mistakenly thought he was immune to suicide because of his wealth and status. We know for certain that mental illness does not know wealth and status and fame ... it strikes people down despite their station in life. And it took another gifted artist too early.

My prayers are with his soul and his family.
Old 13-08-2014, 11:11 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
My favourite Robin Williams clip ....

Particuarly poignant under the circumstances ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYonzhFT_z4

That happens to be one of my favourite movie clips of all time, Knight. Thank you for posting it.
Old 13-08-2014, 11:11 PM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope33
I'm just hearing the news from you guys...so very sad.

Have you ever noticed a sadness in his eyes? I had.
People who are battling with demons hide behind their humour very well.
Such a pity for his life to have ended at it has.

Rest in peace Mr. Williams.....
Yes, Hope33! I saw it! His eyes often looked sad ... and lonely! I am touched that you saw it ... and I wish so much that those closer in his circle had seen it and had been able to do something about it.
Old 13-08-2014, 11:14 PM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Amen to that, ajay.

My son loved What Dreams May Come, I loved Aladdin, my son and I watched it over and over, and I especially adored him in Patch Adams.

If I had had a daughter instead of a son, I was going to name her Robyn -- Robyn Lindsey because he lit up the world with a zest for life you just couldn't ignore. (I named my son after Sean -- Sean Connery, heh...)

Well, I blame doctors for not being more careful with the anti-depressants etc. They don't seem to care what happens to people, rich or poor!
Yeah, Silvergirl, I was feeling anger at his doctor(s) too. Many celebrities were under the "care" of doctors ... and yet their illness still took their lives. To all the doctors of Hollywood: stop counting the money and start caring for the person behind the celebrity status!!!!