Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 09-07-2013, 09:43 PM
Administrator
This is a question that is asked a lot do we choose our lives parents etc.well im not of the belief that we do i remember being born and not wanting to come back into this world,let alone live the life i have had and the parents either. this is something i say all the time.i nearly died at birth and have had NDE also.but im still here.as for regression i have had it done mine was done by a hypnotist all it revealed to me was what i already knew anyway.past life regression can help in many cases gives you an insight into why certain things happen etc.

Namaste
Old 10-07-2013, 10:18 AM
Master

I've had PLR (past life regessions) and it's really helped in piecing things together as to the whys for my life. One thing I've found is that not everything is revealed at once, it's been more of a piece of information here, a piece of information there and I don't think in this life time i will get all the answers. Having let go of all the need to get the answers, it's much easier.

However, I'm not sure you would be able to get answers on someone else's life.

That said, having got answers on your own life, it makes it easier to be open minded as to the whys for someone else's life and it makes it easier to see that things are not as simple and straightforwards as a one single answer.

Remember, the higher self, it's much more intricate then the understanding we have on this plane.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:45 AM
Master
right right because we humans need "reasons" and even if life just happens the way it does we'll make up reasons for the way life happens. it's easier to believe that a starving baby in Africa somehow chose, wants or deserves to be a starving baby in Africa than to accept that starving African babies are victims of horrible circumstance. we don't like victims. do we? victims make us feel pity and obligation and if someone chooses or "karmically" deserves to be a starving baby then they aren't really victims. are they? which is very convenient for those of us who have the luxury of sitting in our more comfortable "karma" and making up such cosmic reasons for agony. i have a real problem with this kind of "reasoning". my heart tells me that such "reasoning" is self serving and untrue. i just can't buy it.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:48 AM
Master

The books say we choose our parents. Therefore, everyone thinks we choose our parents. I do not believe we choose our parents. I do not think anyone really knows what happens.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:05 PM
Master

Quote:
I do not think anyone really knows what happens.

That is so true. What we can do is find what resonates with us, and to hold our views lightly in case we move on.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:09 PM
SpiritualSeer

Hi,

Newbie here, I just wanted to share my experience. In the past I had therapy to help deal with childhood & emotional issues, started with hypnosis therapy , and late last year I had few session of past life therapy. My experience is that several of the challenges I went through in my current past ( and pastlife) I choose before I was born. The session I had were wonderful because it helped me heal and also understand and accept the challenges in this lifetime. Although I would love to say I did not pick my parents, I am pretty confident that I did in order to learn lesson and move on.

SS
Old 08-08-2013, 12:19 AM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Star
There are a lot of reasons why a soul might choose a life like your cousin's (or my brother's for that matter; he was born nearly deaf and with mental handicaps).

Punishment is not one of them. Punishment is a fear-based, human concept; it has nothing to do with the soul. If your acquaintance is reading the book I think he is (Michael Newton's Journey of Souls), then either his reading comprehension stinks or he's projecting his own ideas onto what he's read, or both. And it is arrogant for him to make a definitive statement about another person's soul purpose--he doesn't know why anyone else is here. He can't possibly know. He might be able to understand his own purpose, in a limited way, but that's it.

You can give people good information, and they'll still get it wrong. That's the story of every spiritual or religious movement, ever. But I digress...

That said, a soul may willingly choose a difficult life path like your cousin's for karmic reasons--and karma is not punishment. Perhaps there was something he did in another life, or maybe there has been a pattern of certain behaviors across many lives, and that has created an imbalance that hinders the soul's further growth until it is addressed. So a life path chosen for karmic reasons is chosen in order to restore balance--and it is chosen willingly, because the soul understands the need for it. It is not a punishment inflicted upon them.

Souls will also choose a life path in order to serve other souls in their own growth. We all do that for each other in each lifetime, but sometimes a soul agrees to live a short or difficult life here primarily so other souls can learn lessons and balance their own karma. They're doing their fellow souls a favor--though it may not seem like one once everyone is here, in meatsuits, with no memory of the agreement.

And sometimes a soul just wants an extreme challenge for the sake of having that intense growth experience, and there are other souls who would benefit by being part of that, so off they go.

I don't know why the soul who chose to come here and be my brother agreed to live that life. I can, however, look at the impact he has had on so many people, and how we've all had to change and become better, more humane, more compassionate people because of him. And if that's what he came here to help us learn, he's done a damned fine job of it.

I also agree this is informative as well as important in understanding karma ...
There are many misconceptions regarding karma by those who are well meaning but still learning about it or those who believe it to be a means of retaliation &/or retribution to somehow repay a victim ...
Last paragraph is powerful ...
Old 08-08-2013, 12:22 AM
Niebla0007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
So, there is a difference between this life conscious and higher conscious. It's easy to confuse the two, it's easy to think that what you think now is what your higher says to you, the two don't often coincide.

The problem goes much deeper than just your cousin. I think of those born to drug addiction, I think of those born to famine and won't live beyond a certain age. Or those in immense poverty. I think of those who choose abusive parents. As well as those handicapped.

And yes, my brain does rage "why".

I have been pondering about the Higher consciousness and the Incarnated Self consciousness...
As to which decisions matters most in one's lifetime,
whether the Higher Self's decisions/life plans or the incarnated Self's life decisions. I think the Incarnated Self can also affect the life plans by the IS decisions a lot.
Like how sure I was that I wanted to keep on living this life for a bit longer as I had my first OBE/NDE. Deep in my mind, I'm aware that I'm supposed to have passed away ages ago.
And upon reflection now, I can say I get it - that it must have been time for me to go and it's actually just fine as well.

As for the ones like Mystik's cousin,
I should think that the value of experience is more for the people in their lives, not mainly for the poor individual.
Mind you, I definitely do not want to cause others to suffer me.
In fact, I told my family not to keep me alive if I become of a burden to anybody in case of health or injury problem.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:35 AM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
This is a question that is asked a lot do we choose our lives parents etc.well im not of the belief that we do i remember being born and not wanting to come back into this world,let alone live the life i have had and the parents either. this is something i say all the time.i nearly died at birth and have had NDE also.but im still here.as for regression i have had it done mine was done by a hypnotist all it revealed to me was what i already knew anyway.past life regression can help in many cases gives you an insight into why certain things happen etc.

Namaste

It appears your spirit guides know what is best for your spiritual development otherwise you would not have been born ...
My understanding is a great many prefer not to reincarnate, however, the lessons we are to learn cannot be experienced as pure energy, it must be in human form or alien form if you are inclined to believe in such ...
Its quite possible if you were born w/certain gifts your job is to experience helping others before you are ready to become a spirit guide ...
Who knows, but if I were you I'd make the most of these gifts before returning ...
Old 08-08-2013, 09:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik
[I vehemently disagree that your cousin was being punished for something by being born brain damaged. ]

Well then that makes two of us. However, that is only one explanation. Your explanation makes more sense to me. However, I still disagree that at a soul would chose that kind of life. If it's not being punished then why put yourself through that?

I never thought of myself as a continuation of souls before. My body and my being is just one soul and one that my consciousness is experiencing. I have been other souls( that I don't remember)and will come back as another soul(but it won't be me as I know it). At least this is what I am gathering from this thread.

Our spirits have very different priorities than our minds/personalities have. They have an overview of things which is nearly unimaginable to us when we are limited by human form with it's base program of only 5 senses. In human form much of our choices, descisions and opinions are based on things other people taught us and are derived from knowledge of ONLY this deminision - at least until we finally make contact with our spirit/higher self and and begin connecting up senses beyond the basic five and begin to see the broader picture from spirits view point.

Here's a little story I had the great honor of being told about.....it´s why a particular little girl whom I've recently met came into this world.

In a former life she had a daughter, the two of them were accidently posioned and her daughter died young.
This life that daughter came back and is still dealing with that posioning from a previous life and it is coming across as allergic reactions to nearly all food types. This has led to horrific medial proceedures and the removal of several different organs of the body and finally the diagnosis that she had less than 6 weeks to live.
Meantime her mother from the previous life has been watching this epic struggle and moved by extreme compassion and love for the soul which was once her daughter she chose to come back into incarnation to help her. She'd not planned on coming back into body so soon for her own reasons but changed her mind when she saw that by her existance in body again she could help another in a deep struggle.
She came back 2 1/2 years ago and is the daughter of the woman who is allergic to most foods and struggling to live and had all but lost hope and was ready to pass over...she now has a reason to fight for her life......a child.
This child, once the mother herself, only remembers on occasion and only for seconds why she returned and her look of utter mortification of remembering that she is forgetting is astonishing to see, then it's gone as the mind of a 2 1/2 year old takes over and picks up a toy to play with or turns to someone for comforting.
Her remembering isn't important, her very presense again here on the 3D earth plane is enough to alter and give hope to another soul, her very presense here is enough to give the woman who was once her daughter a reason to fight for life. It could be said that in choosing to come back into body again she has saved anothers life and that person will now have a chance to heal the trauma carried forward from another life into this one.

As spirits we are beings of total love and compassion.....we make choices not for selfish reasons but for self-less reasons. Why ever your cousin chose to come in the form he came in know that a Higher Purpose is being served and all is working out as it should.