Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 31-01-2019, 09:51 AM
Master
Foods that relate to trauma

I’m exploring something.

I was visiting the chiro one time, on one of my visits over twenty years, when I asked him intuitively to look at certain foods that related to certain organs in my body. My chiro is a muscle tester like myself so it seemed together we might explore this on this day. He asked me what I was relating it too. At the time it was to support the healing through the organ and it’s related connections in my body. The muscle test found the weakness, the food I tuned into tested positive to support the healing process. So I discovered certain foods can heal certain parts of the body.

Today in my explorers mind I’m thinking about foods that relate to trauma and why they do not support healing but rather amplify the bodies reaction at the physical level. As the body is such a finely tuned delicate system all operating as a perfect synergy of inter related networks, it seems to me this relationship has to affect the body as I mentioned. The food connected to the trauma would be feeding the trauma in ways where flare ups represent the fire element in the body. So the nature of the food itself would come into this connection. How it affects the body most naturally through it’s natural composition. If it’s a whole food with contaminants (pesticides etc)it would amplify the bodies reactions of course in other ways affected. But right now I’m looking at the whole food itself, in its natural form. I’m thinking that any trauma in the body at the cellular level still holding on, will be affected by certain foods. The food itself not the issue but the trauma associated to the cellular level affected by the food that flares the trauma in the body. I have done my own cellular level healing so I suppose I’m looking at this through that clear view in myself.

Removing the food item is wise of ourse but the ultimate would be to work at the cellular level to restore harmony at the deepest level. Intuitively, I feel this could be done with thought field therapy and Chinese medicine to really nourish the cells.

Children often grow out of things if they find ways to build new cellular pathways ongoing. As adults it’s harder because the patterns are often formed and more set into the foundation, so it takes a deeper rejuvenation and change to transpire to heal the deepest parts of trauma in the body.
Old 31-01-2019, 10:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
I’m exploring something.

I was visiting the chiro one time, on one of my visits over twenty years, when I asked him intuitively to look at certain foods that related to certain organs in my body. My chiro is a muscle tester like myself so it seemed together we might explore this on this day. He asked me what I was relating it too. At the time it was to support the healing through the organ and it’s related connections in my body. The muscle test found the weakness, the food I tuned into tested positive to support the healing process. So I discovered certain foods can heal certain parts of the body.

Today in my explorers mind I’m thinking about foods that relate to trauma and why they do not support healing but rather amplify the bodies reaction at the physical level. As the body is such a finely tuned delicate system all operating as a perfect synergy of inter related networks, it seems to me this relationship has to affect the body as I mentioned. The food connected to the trauma would be feeding the trauma in ways where flare ups represent the fire element in the body. So the nature of the food itself would come into this connection. How it affects the body most naturally through it’s natural composition. If it’s a whole food with contaminants (pesticides etc)it would amplify the bodies reactions of course in other ways affected. But right now I’m looking at the whole food itself, in its natural form. I’m thinking that any trauma in the body at the cellular level still holding on, will be affected by certain foods. The food itself not the issue but the trauma associated to the cellular level affected by the food that flares the trauma in the body. I have done my own cellular level healing so I suppose I’m looking at this through that clear view in myself.

Removing the food item is wise of ourse but the ultimate would be to work at the cellular level to restore harmony at the deepest level. Intuitively, I feel this could be done with thought field therapy and Chinese medicine to really nourish the cells.

Children often grow out of things if they find ways to build new cellular pathways ongoing. As adults it’s harder because the patterns are often formed and more set into the foundation, so it takes a deeper rejuvenation and change to transpire to heal the deepest parts of trauma in the body.

It sounds pretty sketchy to me, so I'm skeptical, and you'll probably find that there are single food items that make you feel a bit off for no apparent reason (in which case don't eat that), but healing strategies involving food aren't down to single food item - and you run a high risk of mumbo jumbo like 'carrots = good for eyesight'. I think you will find there aren't any single food cures except when someone has a deficiency in a particular nutrient, and healing in general is multifactoral. I have noticed since I started talking about food from a purely nutritional standpoint I have hit a 'raw' nerve (see what I did there?) in some people, and I relate that raw nerves to food associated trauma. I do understand how food has deep impacts on all dimensions of a person, and it has ethical, social, cultural and political impacts, all of which blend together in a very nuanced way, but that only implies firstly that food is only one possible problem in any remedy, and also, healing encompasses the entire expanse of a human being.
Old 31-01-2019, 12:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It sounds pretty sketchy to me, so I'm skeptical, and you'll probably find that there are single food items that make you feel a bit off for no apparent reason (in which case don't eat that), but healing strategies involving food aren't down to single food item - and you run a high risk of mumbo jumbo like 'carrots = good for eyesight'. I think you will find there aren't any single food cures except when someone has a deficiency in a particular nutrient, and healing in general is multifactoral. I have noticed since I started talking about food from a purely nutritional standpoint I have hit a 'raw' nerve (see what I did there?) in some people, and I relate that raw nerves to food associated trauma. I do understand how food has deep impacts on all dimensions of a person, and it has ethical, social, cultural and political impacts, all of which blend together in a very nuanced way, but that only implies firstly that food is only one possible problem in any remedy, and also, healing encompasses the entire expanse of a human being.

It is sketchy. I’m sketching ideas as they flow. Letting it land with awareness of much more moving through this, but still trusting my intuition to let it roll.. It might evolve through more being shown or less depending on which piece of the whole becomes a focus. It’s got my attention in me,so I’m listening to it for whatever reason..

I’m with you on this in your more complex seeing and understanding. I’m not basing my moving thoughts and intuition as fully connecting, more trusting in further sharing from anyone really. This was an opening that I just let flow.

If your only focused on the singular food point I’m making in the way your seeing this, I can see why you would be looking at a broader picture and probably wondering why I have narrowed it down. I forgot to mention something that was floating around in my awareness as I was typing, but obviously it was meant for this moment. The singular food at the interconnected trauma level has an association in place, meaning it sits along side the trauma in some form of itself, or could..

Just as an example, in a more indirect way, look at this scenario

You purge one night after contracting a stomach bug, the last food you ate becomes an association to the purge and you can’t face it again..every time you think about it unsettles your stomach and you have very real feelings of nausea arise, the body mimicking the old association and trauma without the food even being eaten, without the body carrying the bug. If you go deeper into trauma related experiences, emotionally and physically there could well be similiar associations moving through that, imprints at the cellular level. I’m speaking of the earliest of memories where emotional or physical disturbances have occurred and associations have been set up.

We have foods associated in this way, we have foods that become an association through emotional eating. Then of course trauma and certain foods may have a similar relationship, especially with allergies or reactions in some form. The rejection in the body being something strongly rejected and associated to the food and the body as one, in its disturbance in some way.

That’s all for now..

Last edited by JustBe : 31-01-2019 at 08:46 PM.
Old 01-02-2019, 01:39 AM
Master
Quote:
It is sketchy. I just let things flow from me as it wanted too. It might evolve through more being shown or less depending on which piece of the whole becomes a focus.
I’m with you on this in your more complex seeing and understanding. I’m not basing my moving thoughts and intuition as fully connecting, more trusting in further sharing from anyone really. This was an opening that I just let flow.

If your only focused on the singular food point I’m making in the way your seeing this, I can see why you would be looking at a broader picture and probably wondering why I have narrowed it down. I forgot to mention something that was floating around in my awareness as I was typing, but obviously it was meant for this moment. The singular food at the interconnected trauma level has an association in place, meaning it sits along side the trauma in some form of itself, or could..

Just as an example, in a more indirect way, look at this scenario

You purge one night after contracting a stomach bug, the last food you ate becomes an association to the purge and you can’t face it again..every time you think about it unsettles your stomach and you have very real feelings of nausea arise, the body mimicking the old association and trauma without the food even being eaten, without the body carrying the bug. If you go deeper into trauma related experiences, emotionally and physically there could well be similiar associations moving through that, imprints at the cellular level. I’m speaking of the earliest of memories where emotional or physical disturbances have occurred and associations have been set up.

We have foods associated in this way, we have foods that become an association through emotional eating. Then of course trauma and certain foods may have a similar relationship, especially with allergies or reactions in some form. The rejection in the body being something strongly rejected and associated to the food and the body as one, in its disturbance in some way.

That’s all for now..

Yes, food starts an emotional connection as soon as an infant is born and is nurtured and comforted from the mothers teat forming the deepest earliest bonds. And food, nourishment, nurturing continues to be the primary shared quality of physical and emotional sharing in family and community life, making food an integral part of 'togetherness'. There are social signals of food, like if you are 'interested' it's going for a coffee, and if you want a relationship, it's going out to dinner together, so all aspects of love and togetherness from birth and through adulthood, across the lifespan, revolve around food, and this touches our deep emotions. People can have 'holes' in their emotional self and use 'emotional eating', to fill those holes, and even have disordered eating as part of their image of acceptability and worthiness. Even turning to alcohol and drugs is usually something to do with food associated with 'something missing', so to speak.

Food is a lot more than fuel and nutrients, as it touches not only the physical, but the psychological, emotional and social dimensions of human beings. Even the spiritual is a use of food, like 'the body of Christ' during communion, and veganism is often thought of as a sign of being 'spiritually evolved'. Food is in everything that is a human being.
Old 02-02-2019, 10:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Yes, food starts an emotional connection as soon as an infant is born and is nurtured and comforted from the mothers teat forming the deepest earliest bonds. And food, nourishment, nurturing continues to be the primary shared quality of physical and emotional sharing in family and community life, making food an integral part of 'togetherness'. There are social signals of food, like if you are 'interested' it's going for a coffee, and if you want a relationship, it's going out to dinner together, so all aspects of love and togetherness from birth and through adulthood, across the lifespan, revolve around food, and this touches our deep emotions. People can have 'holes' in their emotional self and use 'emotional eating', to fill those holes, and even have disordered eating as part of their image of acceptability and worthiness. Even turning to alcohol and drugs is usually something to do with food associated with 'something missing', so to speak.

Food is a lot more than fuel and nutrients, as it touches not only the physical, but the psychological, emotional and social dimensions of human beings. Even the spiritual is a use of food, like 'the body of Christ' during communion, and veganism is often thought of as a sign of being 'spiritually evolved'. Food is in everything that is a human being.

Absolutely and not everyone will dig this deep to understand why and what is going on with their own personal relationship with food. It runs deep in so many ways of love, connection and our own grounded stability to self and others.

You’ve touched upon our earliest relationship to hunger, care, nurture and contentment. Food weaves so many stories through our mind/body relationship. Our earliest memories related to ‘control over our world’ come into this picture as well. Food and eating is one such area where you see children develop patterns where they control what and when they eat. It becomes one part of their world they see they can control. So you see all kinds of ‘unwillingness’ to eat, try new food, setting the scene on their terms. You see parents frustrations and emotional reactions, you see punishment and deprivation.. gosh it’s crazy at dinner tables at times. You see many parents force feed, because they are afraid if the child doesn’t eat they will get sick or even the worse project fear of ‘death’ so you get dry strong reactions in this way. I’ve seen it all, experienced it myself in some form. I think one of the worse scenes is the forced eating and punishment. ‘ you can’t move from the table till it’s eaten’ ‘ you get nothing else if you don’t eat your meal’. Your sent to bed and deprived of your evening space with the rest of the family. So therefore you miss out in the mind of the child being deprived through food

These of course are a select few of the negative reactions and projections. There are surely many happy family stories in amongst these as one. Where children are given more choices, more care and support around food.

The most interesting thing is in my experience is that most children when relaxed and under no pressure at the table, who are in a relaxed shared space in ways beyond food and eating, is a loving supportive environment tend to explore food more and often try things that are new. I have found, with children who are fussy eaters, when they are able to participate in the food prep and have a reasonsonable afe stsge amount of choices they do eat better. They form their own relationship with food in this way. They tend to explore food more willingly without need to project the adult frustrations and control.

Time is a big factor for most parents nowadays so it’s difficult of course to maintain these kind of time consuming experiences but still even a few times a week puts the power of back into their little hands, so it’s a good reflection of balance for any child and also an over controlling parent.

Food is a huge disguise for so many areas of our inner world. It’s a primary basic need but as we see with something that plays a huge defining role in most families it can turn into a spiritual nightmare,when you uncover your relationship with food their is a huge host of deeper awareness to be awakened.

I’ve just had the most delicious smoothie. Avocadoe, banana, lettuce, sultanas nuts and maca with some green powder. I feel very satisfied.
Old 03-02-2019, 02:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Absolutely and not everyone will dig this deep to understand why and what is going on with their own personal relationship with food. It runs deep in so many ways of love, connection and our own grounded stability to self and others.

You’ve touched upon our earliest relationship to hunger, care, nurture and contentment. Food weaves so many stories through our mind/body relationship. Our earliest memories related to ‘control over our world’ come into this picture as well. Food and eating is one such area where you see children develop patterns where they control what and when they eat. It becomes one part of their world they see they can control. So you see all kinds of ‘unwillingness’ to eat, try new food, setting the scene on their terms. You see parents frustrations and emotional reactions, you see punishment and deprivation.. gosh it’s crazy at dinner tables at times. You see many parents force feed, because they are afraid if the child doesn’t eat they will get sick or even the worse project fear of ‘death’ so you get dry strong reactions in this way. I’ve seen it all, experienced it myself in some form. I think one of the worse scenes is the forced eating and punishment. ‘ you can’t move from the table till it’s eaten’ ‘ you get nothing else if you don’t eat your meal’. Your sent to bed and deprived of your evening space with the rest of the family. So therefore you miss out in the mind of the child being deprived through food

These of course are a select few of the negative reactions and projections. There are surely many happy family stories in amongst these as one. Where children are given more choices, more care and support around food.

The most interesting thing is in my experience is that most children when relaxed and under no pressure at the table, who are in a relaxed shared space in ways beyond food and eating, is a loving supportive environment tend to explore food more and often try things that are new. I have found, with children who are fussy eaters, when they are able to participate in the food prep and have a reasonsonable afe stsge amount of choices they do eat better. They form their own relationship with food in this way. They tend to explore food more willingly without need to project the adult frustrations and control.

Time is a big factor for most parents nowadays so it’s difficult of course to maintain these kind of time consuming experiences but still even a few times a week puts the power of back into their little hands, so it’s a good reflection of balance for any child and also an over controlling parent.

Food is a huge disguise for so many areas of our inner world. It’s a primary basic need but as we see with something that plays a huge defining role in most families it can turn into a spiritual nightmare,when you uncover your relationship with food their is a huge host of deeper awareness to be awakened.

I’ve just had the most delicious smoothie. Avocadoe, banana, lettuce, sultanas nuts and maca with some green powder. I feel very satisfied.

When I was kid the basic rule was to finish your plate. If one us (there were 4 of us) really didn't like something, we still had to have a little bite. My patents didn't force it - they just said if you don't finish the plate you don't get desert. I think it worked just fine because we learned to like all different veges, and we learned deserts were just a treat. When I got older I didn't want desert. By that time I always finished my plate and then some. It was up to me if I ate desert of not. That's how I learned 'healthy food choices'.

It was a very common punishment in those days to send the kids to bed without their dinner, but my parents never did that. We had to be at home and at the table for dinner, and they were consistent with that.

Kids should b involved in food from the vege garden to the kitchen to clearing up. If you are in the garden - little kids just love sticking things in their mouth right? You give them anything they'll taste it - they'll eat bugs, snails, worms and dirt, too hahaha... When you then put food in front of them, their mind is back in the garden, they were in the kitchen, and they have the big picture. It's all in the mind, after all.

If you go to a remote village in New Guinea where it is a subsistence gardening lifestyle, there are zero eating disorders, no obesity and literally everyone is strong AF, and my little theory is, all problematic eating in our society is a symptom of distorted food imagery, mindlessness, false standards of beauty, and a confused 'big picture' which people need to be seamless with.

I take a lot of control over my body with diet and exercise so I can do awesome things. When I'm in serious training mode I weigh all my food out, track all my nutrients, and keep on top of everything to a T. People say that's abnormal, obsessive, control freak etc, but to me, that's just how I roll.

Have you tried the Chronometer app? I just started using it today. You enter your food into it and it tells you if you are getting all your nutrients. It is pretty cool.
Old 03-02-2019, 03:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
When I was kid the basic rule was to finish your plate. If one us (there were 4 of us) really didn't like something, we still had to have a little bite. My patents didn't force it - they just said if you don't finish the plate you don't get desert. I think it worked just fine because we learned to like all different veges, and we learned deserts were just a treat. When I got older I didn't want desert. By that time I always finished my plate and then some. It was up to me if I ate desert of not. That's how I learned 'healthy food choices'.

It was a very common punishment in those days to send the kids to bed without their dinner, but my parents never did that. We had to be at home and at the table for dinner, and they were consistent with that.

Kids should b involved in food from the vege garden to the kitchen to clearing up. If you are in the garden - little kids just love sticking things in their mouth right? You give them anything they'll taste it - they'll eat bugs, snails, worms and dirt, too hahaha... When you then put food in front of them, their mind is back in the garden, they were in the kitchen, and they have the big picture. It's all in the mind, after all.

If you go to a remote village in New Guinea where it is a subsistence gardening lifestyle, there are zero eating disorders, no obesity and literally everyone is strong AF, and my little theory is, all problematic eating in our society is a symptom of distorted food imagery, mindlessness, false standards of beauty, and a confused 'big picture' which people need to be seamless with.

I take a lot of control over my body with diet and exercise so I can do awesome things. When I'm in serious training mode I weigh all my food out, track all my nutrients, and keep on top of everything to a T. People say that's abnormal, obsessive, control freak etc, but to me, that's just how I roll.

Have you tried the Chronometer app? I just started using it today. You enter your food into it and it tells you if you are getting all your nutrients. It is pretty cool.

You had a favourable balance growing up, that’s great. I was born the seventh child after five boys so by the time my mother got to me and food, she surrendered to my choices. She didn’t have the time or energy to get too involved. Unfortunately I made choices to not try things that looked very unappealing as a child, but that supported that invasion of control over my relationship to food. I became aware of my eating habits around the mid twenties so it’s been a life long journey to find what works through the various cycles of myself and life. I feel most comfortable now and more nourished than ever in my life. In that clear mind/body it’s easier to notice imbalances.

I’m more about balance with consideration of circumstances. Plus I like my food clean as I can source it.

Your right about ‘from garden to plate’ it’s the whole connection that teaches a greater awareness of food and our bodies.
Old 06-02-2019, 11:52 PM
Master
This is an interesting topic and the discussion of childhood eating brought back some fuzzy memories lol though also less savory ones too..

I'm a little unclear what exactly you meant for the direction or concept of this thread JustBe. Is it about specifically how we may relate to food psychosomatically? or something different? either way I like the directions it's turned and the conversation you guys are having in here. to be honest I started writing a really lengthy post but I am gonna scrap that in favor of writing this shorter one lol

oh my gosh Gem that is sad that you weigh your food out!! don't you think that a person can eat almost as much fresh food (ie raw vegetables and fruit) as they want and it not negatively impact their weight or muscle quality? I do think that food combining is important and abusing it could have dire effects even if one is eating raw, so I guess that is one area where I would think being tedious would be worthwhile.. I'm sorry but I think if you are doing it right you shouldn't have to worry about or bother literally weighing your food out. perhaps this is an example of a food hang-up that would be beneficial to overcome like this thread seems to be about. Unless you just enjoy weighing food and worrying about the quantities you eat like that.. I guess it could be seen as a form of playing with your food lol and maybe you just find it fun. I mean of course there is a time and place for portion control, especially with cooked foods, but even then you could just eyeball it right?

I signed up for the Cronometer. I think I used a different site/app before but I didn't experiment with it much because a lot of things I'd consume weren't on there.. but this one seems impressive so far and has something like moringa powder on there, and tons of other moringa options lol and I don't think I could find moringa at all on another site I used in the past so that is awesome. I am still interested in devising a meal or even single drink/smoothie that contains all the recommended nutrients so hopefully this will help with that. I am curious to see how small of a serving one could get such a super-meal made of fresh foods. well fresh foods but also a limited amount of other substances like moringa powder, especially if you don't have access to fresh leaves of that.. I love experimenting with things like Cronometer so thanks for bringing it up.

yeah that'd be the best for children to grow up in gardens and being involved in kitchen preparation. Thankfully my fiance's mother grew a great garden last year so I'm hoping this year we can grow even more and my daughter will be able to help, though she will mostly help by just being there since she is not even a year and a half yet. but it'll be great for her and me and all of us. We don't really have the best ground to grow stuff here at our house but we at least grew awesome flower gardens which I just absolutely love.. and eat a little bit sometimes lol like I was eating 'weeds/flowers' today and recently as they sprout up. some are pretty tasty! Eating flowers as well as weeds are things I want to learn more about and experiment with.

JustBe wow seven of you! what kinds of things did you eat growing up as per your choice then? My parents weren't terribly totalitarian or anything, but we were poor a lot of my childhood so we had typical cheap American fare a lot, like sandwiches, fish fry my dad caught (though I quit eating any seafood, hamburgers and eggs on their own early on), lasagna, meatloaf, scalloped potatoes, etc. or more processed foods like canned soup or spaghettios, tv dinners, etc.
I did eat a lot of candy growing up also when I had a choice or more freedom. I don't remember a ton of it being in our house when I was that young, but I recall trips to the corner store and frequent enough indulgence. and my dad's parents fed us a lot lol. We ate meals with multiple courses, a meat sometimes grilled, vegetables and potatoes, usually with dessert and a candy bowl available most of the time, soda, and so on. They lived in another city so we saw them pretty often but not all the time. Actually my paternal grandma struggled with being overweight and would try all sorts of fad diets and supplements and new ideas.. none of them obviously working well.
Then when I was 8 or so my parents separated and my mom moved my brother and sister and I in with our grandma and two aunts. My grandma was into health stuff so we had more wholesome meals once we lived there. We made fun of a lot of grandma's choices though lol.. unbeknownst to us some of them were actually very unhealthy, like margarine and low fat things with sucralose for example but anyways overall she tried to eat more fresh healthy things and that was a good influence.

I've done a lot of research into food because I realized how integral it was to wellbeing and I needed to find out how to heal myself since I was not healthy from childhood or perhaps infancy or even birth Idno.. I just never recall feeling very well or energized. and I fell for all kinds of gluttonous things including energy drinks and alcohol and whatever foods or guised excuses for food. Now I avoid eating a lot of common foods, or of course additives and fake or compromised food ingredients too. but the things I've been learning show issues with almost all food groups that are generally recommended.. and I don't know I think that at this point on the planet it would be good for people to understand and adopt the truth of what is really meant for us to consume or what takes the body too much extra energy or hassle.. but at the same time I'm conflicted because I do also love the idea of energetic possibilities and what you talk about with making foods less of a threat with things like TFT.. I'm familiar with an adaptation of that EFT. What you said also made me think of this Energy Clearing Protocol I found a group supporting. and it is probably close to what you are thinking about or hoping for. Apparently it was inspired by some scientific studies where they had representations of a certain substance or something in a glass vial and somehow helped people become inoculated to it. that wasn't practical for an environment outside of a giant super-funded lab, so this person thought to put the names of the substances on paper and use that to make this healing and desensitizing protocol. They have different steps or pages with a variety of things, like one day you do it for foods, another for bacteria microbes and pathogens, another for emotions and less tangible things I think they had, and so on.. It involved some rubbing certain points on the body while holding the paper in one hand and I forget what else. Some people reported miraculous benefits but I don't know I didn't do it dedicatedly enough. I wouldn't say it could automatically be a miracle for everyone, but that sort of technique does hold promise for healing in general I think. but at this point I think we should be more mindful and choose to control what we put in our bodies or create in the world, because we're not going to evolve as we should if we just devote so much energy and time to taking and creating shortcuts instead of learning how to honor life and our intended existence more.

but what you're talking about I think could hold a lot of value, like someone may be averse to fresh or raw food or a certain kind that could actually be good for them, for some psychological or whatever reason, and that should be worked through. I do think that we could lessen negative impact potential of things with esoteric and mental or emotional healing techniques, but I wouldn't want to use it as an excuse to do things that go against our nature.

What food were you facing an issue with JustBe if you want to share?
Old 07-02-2019, 04:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
This is an interesting topic and the discussion of childhood eating brought back some fuzzy memories lol though also less savory ones too..

I'm a little unclear what exactly you meant for the direction or concept of this thread JustBe. Is it about specifically how we may relate to food psychosomatically? or something different? either way I like the directions it's turned and the conversation you guys are having in here. to be honest I started writing a really lengthy post but I am gonna scrap that in favor of writing this shorter one lol

oh my gosh Gem that is sad that you weigh your food out!! don't you think that a person can eat almost as much fresh food (ie raw vegetables and fruit) as they want and it not negatively impact their weight or muscle quality?

Athletes in my sport have to maximise physical strength, which means building muscle to your particular genetic potential, and to build muscle is to gain weight, so you have to eat in a caloric excess and ensure a pretty high protein intake. The issue here is, as you gain muscle mass you also gain fat, so after a while it is necessary to reduce calories, go into a calorie deficit, to shed that excess fat, but retain the gained muscle. The fat loss periods require the same protein, but less carbs and fats, and you have to do resistance training so the body knows it needs the muscle, and take the energy it needs from fat stores. Regulating this weight gain and weight loss is not all that easy because if you eat too many calories during the gain you accumulate much more fat than muscle, and if you eat too few calories during the weigh loss, you lose too much muscle tissue. A person my size needs to be about 250 calories excess during the gain and maybe up too 400 calories deficit during the loss. Because the calorie excess and deficit are very small, one has to be exacting about their daily caloric intake, and weighing your portions is the most accurate way of doing that - while also ensuring your protein carbs and fat are at reasonable rations.

This seems strange to most people, but how one eats is individualised, and for my aim is to lift really heavy things, so the way I eat supports that goal. Other people with different aims shouldn't do what I do - they should eat in a way that supports their own circumstances and preferred lifestyle.

If you eat whole food plant based diet, it is difficult to eat the volume of food you need to make up your calorie requirements, so people who turn to veganism generally can eat as much as they want and still lose the excess fat they carry, and because your metabolic rate decreases proportionately to your body weight, there comes point when they stop losing weight and maintain an equal calorie balance. Unfortunately, people often lose significant muscle mass in this process due to excessively low calorie deficit, lower end protein intake and no hard physical work or resistance training.

When people start to lose weight, it starts out as a physical thing, just math the calories and get lots of fresh veg instead of coke and cake, but then it becomes emotional because any person's way of eating is attached to their emotional condition, and there is an internal physcological journey that people have to go through, and there is a social trauma involved in shedding the people who don't support and enhance their life-change, which is also an emotional issue, and their families have to change their ways of sharing with the person... and what we deal with as 'diet' and body composition starts to become a very difficult an complicated thing that affects all the dimensions of a person's life.

Quote:
I do think that food combining is important and abusing it could have dire effects even if one is eating raw, so I guess that is one area where I would think being tedious would be worthwhile.. I'm sorry but I think if you are doing it right you shouldn't have to worry about or bother literally weighing your food out. perhaps this is an example of a food hang-up that would be beneficial to overcome like this thread seems to be about. Unless you just enjoy weighing food and worrying about the quantities you eat like that.. I guess it could be seen as a form of playing with your food lol and maybe you just find it fun. I mean of course there is a time and place for portion control, especially with cooked foods, but even then you could just eyeball it right?

Yes, it common for the physique athletes, body builder, fitness models, etc, to develop disfunctional relationships with food, but strength athletes are much less prone because our 'success' is not judged on aesthetics (body image). We don't tend to succumb to the body-image/self-image issues which are common in physique sports, modeling and so forth (but there are a few steroids going around). In strength sports it's normal to weigh food, near enough everyone counts calories and everyone regulates their muscle gaining and fat loss cycles. What I do is normal in my world and it doesn't cause me any distress. Because I'm not 'obsessed' I don't experience food anxiety.

Quote:
I signed up for the Cronometer. I think I used a different site/app before but I didn't experiment with it much because a lot of things I'd consume weren't on there.. but this one seems impressive so far and has something like moringa powder on there, and tons of other moringa options lol and I don't think I could find moringa at all on another site I used in the past so that is awesome. I am still interested in devising a meal or even single drink/smoothie that contains all the recommended nutrients so hopefully this will help with that. I am curious to see how small of a serving one could get such a super-meal made of fresh foods. well fresh foods but also a limited amount of other substances like moringa powder, especially if you don't have access to fresh leaves of that.. I love experimenting with things like Cronometer so thanks for bringing it up.

yeah that'd be the best for children to grow up in gardens and being involved in kitchen preparation. Thankfully my fiance's mother grew a great garden last year so I'm hoping this year we can grow even more and my daughter will be able to help,

That would be so fantastic and really help your daughter to develop a loving relationship with food.

Quote:
though she will mostly help by just being there since she is not even a year and a half yet.

Oh she'll just love tasting things!

Quote:
but it'll be great for her and me and all of us. We don't really have the best ground to grow stuff here at our house but we at least grew awesome flower gardens which I just absolutely love.. and eat a little bit sometimes lol like I was eating 'weeds/flowers' today and recently as they sprout up. some are pretty tasty! Eating flowers as well as weeds are things I want to learn more about and experiment with.

Be careful. Some plants can make you really sick.

Quote:
JustBe wow seven of you! what kinds of things did you eat growing up as per your choice then? My parents weren't terribly totalitarian or anything, but we were poor a lot of my childhood so we had typical cheap American fare a lot, like sandwiches, fish fry my dad caught (though I quit eating any seafood, hamburgers and eggs on their own early on), lasagna, meatloaf, scalloped potatoes, etc. or more processed foods like canned soup or spaghettios, tv dinners, etc.
I did eat a lot of candy growing up also when I had a choice or more freedom. I don't remember a ton of it being in our house when I was that young, but I recall trips to the corner store and frequent enough indulgence. and my dad's parents fed us a lot lol. We ate meals with multiple courses, a meat sometimes grilled, vegetables and potatoes, usually with dessert and a candy bowl available most of the time, soda, and so on. They lived in another city so we saw them pretty often but not all the time. Actually my paternal grandma struggled with being overweight and would try all sorts of fad diets and supplements and new ideas.. none of them obviously working well.
Then when I was 8 or so my parents separated and my mom moved my brother and sister and I in with our grandma and two aunts. My grandma was into health stuff so we had more wholesome meals once we lived there. We made fun of a lot of grandma's choices though lol.. unbeknownst to us some of them were actually very unhealthy, like margarine and low fat things with sucralose for example but anyways overall she tried to eat more fresh healthy things and that was a good influence.

I've done a lot of research into food because I realized how integral it was to wellbeing and I needed to find out how to heal myself since I was not healthy from childhood or perhaps infancy or even birth Idno.. I just never recall feeling very well or energized. and I fell for all kinds of gluttonous things including energy drinks and alcohol and whatever foods or guised excuses for food. Now I avoid eating a lot of common foods, or of course additives and fake or compromised food ingredients too. but the things I've been learning show issues with almost all food groups that are generally recommended.. and I don't know I think that at this point on the planet it would be good for people to understand and adopt the truth of what is really meant for us to consume or what takes the body too much extra energy or hassle.. but at the same time I'm conflicted because I do also love the idea of energetic possibilities and what you talk about with making foods less of a threat with things like TFT.. I'm familiar with an adaptation of that EFT. What you said also made me think of this Energy Clearing Protocol I found a group supporting. and it is probably close to what you are thinking about or hoping for. Apparently it was inspired by some scientific studies where they had representations of a certain substance or something in a glass vial and somehow helped people become inoculated to it. that wasn't practical for an environment outside of a giant super-funded lab, so this person thought to put the names of the substances on paper and use that to make this healing and desensitizing protocol. They have different steps or pages with a variety of things, like one day you do it for foods, another for bacteria microbes and pathogens, another for emotions and less tangible things I think they had, and so on.. It involved some rubbing certain points on the body while holding the paper in one hand and I forget what else. Some people reported miraculous benefits but I don't know I didn't do it dedicatedly enough. I wouldn't say it could automatically be a miracle for everyone, but that sort of technique does hold promise for healing in general I think. but at this point I think we should be more mindful and choose to control what we put in our bodies or create in the world, because we're not going to evolve as we should if we just devote so much energy and time to taking and creating shortcuts instead of learning how to honor life and our intended existence more.

but what you're talking about I think could hold a lot of value, like someone may be averse to fresh or raw food or a certain kind that could actually be good for them, for some psychological or whatever reason, and that should be worked through. I do think that we could lessen negative impact potential of things with esoteric and mental or emotional healing techniques, but I wouldn't want to use it as an excuse to do things that go against our nature.

What food were you facing an issue with JustBe if you want to share?

Old 07-02-2019, 05:03 AM
Master
Quote:
You had a favourable balance growing up, that’s great.

I grew up in New Guinea where we didn't have too many typical western things. All the veges were organic garden grown, and we basically just ran arounf in the jungle, so I was off to a good start...

Quote:
I was born the seventh child after five boys

Big family!

Quote:
so by the time my mother got to me and food, she surrendered to my choices. She didn’t have the time or energy to get too involved. Unfortunately I made choices to not try things that looked very unappealing as a child, but that supported that invasion of control over my relationship to food. I became aware of my eating habits around the mid twenties so it’s been a life long journey to find what works through the various cycles of myself and life. I feel most comfortable now and more nourished than ever in my life. In that clear mind/body it’s easier to notice imbalances.

Yea, you do great!

Quote:
I’m more about balance with consideration of circumstances. Plus I like my food clean as I can source it.

Totally.

Quote:
Your right about ‘from garden to plate’ it’s the whole connection that teaches a greater awareness of food and our bodies.

I remember my childhood sitting in the gardens, cooking in bamboo tubes on the fire ... literally everyone (except the expats) was a gardener where I grew up.