Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 11-01-2019, 06:52 PM
Master
Being kind and nice doesn't mean letting people walk all over you. You can be kind and nice while being assertive.

Unfortunately, just being a good person and thinking happy thoughts isn't going to magically make your life better. Don't know whether LOA works or not but there is more freedom when you do without expecting anything in return as already mentioned.
Old 12-01-2019, 03:20 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
How do we really change? A good question, and I have no simple answer. For me it has been a long process over many years, but perhaps I am a slow developer.

Everyday life teaches all of us many lessons, whatever our stage of development. But as we become conscious of the process then change seems to accelerate.

Some factors are:

Self-reflection and self-awareness. Sitting in meditation reveals much about our patterns and tendencies.

Self-acceptance. We are what we are. As we detach from identification with personality then we take ourselves less seriously. We can laugh at our particular foibles, we feel self-compassion for our mistakes.

Self-discipline. Some people think of discipline as a restriction, but self-discipline is a freedom.

Letting go. The more empty we become, the more we can flow with life. We have no need to go anywhere or do anything or become anyone.

Being present with whatever is. How many times do we resist reality and want things to be other than they are? This can only lead to suffering.

Forgiveness. Holding on to grievances serves no purpose. So forgive others and forgive ourselves, and in the end we see there is nothing to forgive.

There are plenty of tools out there we can use to help us. For example, the Work of Byron Katie to help us accept the reality of each moment, or Ho'oponopono to learn forgiveness. We just have to apply them.

We are on a journey from identification with personality to identification with Soul. There is a long period where our identification fluctuates between Soul and personality. So there are times when our path is clear, and then we find ourselves having to deal with things we thought we had left behind. The nature of personality is desire, which can never be permanently fulfilled. The nature of the Soul is service, and in service we find fulfilment.

And in the end, we go through all these changes and then discover that within ourselves which is changeless. Our true nature is Being, which is unchanging stillness and peace.

Others may have better answers to your question.

Peace.

This is very helpful and also kind of you, thanks iamthat
Old 12-01-2019, 01:14 PM
Angel1

Hi,

There are also basic questions you could ask yourself when you are in a relaxed state with your eyes closed so you can
really feel and 'be given'
insights like, you can even write out your answers...let it just flow:

Do I believe I deserve what I'm asking for?
Do I believe in a 'punishing God'? (or Universe?)
Do I think I am destined to be a loser in some way?
or
Do I believe life is meant to be lived happily?
Do I believe, really, that love is all around me waiting for me to
allow and accept all the wonderful things waiting for me?

You get my jist.
Really find out how you unconsciously may have been programmed to think the worst or the negative side of things.

It's a start to finding out what is deeply ingrained that you didn't even realize!
It's a fun exercise.

Next step, is how to change that programming to realize your own power
to create what it is you would like...love, happiness and all that these things mean....security, health, patience, kindness,
friendships, laughter...no stresses.
Power equals being carefree. Confidence equals happiness....and so on.
This is an exciting time in your life as you discover great and wonderful things.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-01-2019, 03:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Being kind and nice doesn't mean letting people walk all over you. You can be kind and nice while being assertive.

True dat !

Quote:
Unfortunately, just being a good person and thinking happy thoughts isn't going to magically make your life better. Don't know whether LOA works or not but there is more freedom when you do without expecting anything in return as already mentioned.
Old 01-02-2019, 11:47 PM
Knower
Religion is but a systematic following of ritual; come to AMA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yhamne
Okay, first of all I have to say I come from religiously abusive family, so I may have some skewed views on how this is supposed to work or then I got it right but all spiritual LOA talk is b***s***. Let's find it out.

Now, due to my background, I've tried to just focus on positive, like being friendly, nice, generous and so on for all and even if I'm feeling angry, I try looking past it rather than avenging it or such. Obviously we can't cut the world into black and white or deny people their personal goals, but I barely get what I give in return. I got bullied for being a "nice person" a lot also and didn't quite learn how to stand up for myself when I get swindled. The thing is I want to given back that goodness and tolerance I'm giving but more often than not people just take advantage of it and then disappear. Even if they said they'd pay back if I've helped them. That made me close off for years but I can't keep either avoiding everyone with mindset "the world owes me and I won't help unless I get back the good I've been giving!" or "Yes yes, let's be friends and help each other... oops, the other person wasn't genuinely friendly type". I can never get past the thought "why bad people happen to good people?" Isn't the universe/karma/whatever supposed to be a mirror - you get what you give?
Usually I see this intellectual superiority thing like lying/cheating/being shallow as pointless attempts to boost ones self-worth at expense of others... but then according to where I come from ego is a bad thing and leads only to bad things. Even being conscious about it, it's still hard to change and start being like... well, others, selfish and callously competitive? All I really wanted was some reliable and good people around me - why isn't it manifesting? 20 years of repeating same patterns is getting tiresome.

What is your ideal?

What do you want to "manifest" ?

or more accurately; what do you want to experience?

THAT is the ONLY reality you should be focussing on.

You say LOA is b***s*** so it proves you right.

Your mind is the eye of God, dreaming things into existence through you.

EVERYTHING you feast your (1st eye) feelings/perception upon BE-comes Alive.

As Man, made in God's Image; The Everlasting Universe's Creative Presence, you have dominion over all Matter - all you are required to do is Utilize your Free-Will by Choosing the experience you would like to BE and/or Have and allow it to unfold.

The Law works perfectly, this is a reminder of the importance of meditation and watching your EVERY whim - every moment is a creation and all the experiences you have are but shadows of once felt energies in motion within you.

So, have you decide what your ideal experience would be?
If you would like to know more just drop into my (only) thread and ask away...

There are certain techniques to get beneath the veil and implant new ideas, move to alternate realities so to speak, or attract circumstances and situations that place you in your exact desired ideal - come home dear child.

ALL is Possible with the Power of Focus!
Old 02-02-2019, 05:03 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWolfMan777
What is your ideal?
What do you want to "manifest" ?

ALL is Possible with the Power of Focus!
Good post.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-02-2019, 06:49 PM
Ascender
It pretty much alwa6s works when I give up and decide to live without what I want!
Old 05-05-2019, 09:35 AM
Newbie ;)

@OP Was reading the thread as anon, had an urge to register and share my thoughts.

I have had similar experiences. I liked how Lore said it, that you should have your desire deeply entrenched to your being to have it manifest and believe in power of your actions. I've always known -what- I want from life but lacked common "how to" knowledge so I've practised and done my homework regarding to the thing I wanted to manifest and experience in life. There have been periods I've been disencouraged however.. not because I'd expect things to work like magic but because of not getting results from my work, time and effort, I've started feeling I'm just blindly following a belief which may not be true. Not the way it works in physical or practical world at least. Belief gave me strength to go forward regardless of numerous disappointments and pushbacks but it didn't solve the problem. Eventually I had to stray from the path because I dont have money to sustain my living and at the same time work towards what I truly want to do with my life... I had to enter the daily grind where others decided what I should do in order to live at all!
It feels even worse to watch that others are getting same chances to do those things and they're taking them for granted or talking negatively about it. I'd give anything for getting those chances. So, I can understand your frustration...

I would dare to say, people should stop sowing seeds of lies and false hope, for it only hurts people and gives them unnecessary disappointments. Spiritual communities need more practical approaches to spiritual teachings. How can you embrace any teachings if they won't align with your practical life purposes? I did believe in Karma and Law of Attraction once, just like you OP, but now I feel it's another lie sold by religious leaders and the government. Give us results or be called out as hoax!