Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 20-08-2018, 05:04 AM
Newbie ;)

Color Why I always attract the opposite?

Hello everyone

I just have one question and I wonder if this happens to anyone else.

Whenever I am so grateful about sth I actually start to experience the opposite.

For example when I say thank god I am feeling great today, the very next day I get sick. This happens to me over and over again I became so afraid to be greatful. For example I say thank god my throat feels fine. The next day I get sore throat. This is more than coincidence definitely attraction but why it cannot work in a positive way.
Old 20-08-2018, 07:02 AM
Roger Wilco

well that say the opposite of what you want
there is this movie little big man there is an Indian
in there that always is the opposite says no when he means yes
sits backwards on his horse washes his face with dirt not water
I dont want to know how he makes love to his wife ????
I think the Indian was named a contraro ?
anyway I have no clue what you have :-)
But here are some knowledgeable people here that might just know
Old 20-08-2018, 07:26 AM
Lorelyen

From the way you write, it sounds like you have hidden doubts about whether your act of attracting what you want is going to work.

Unfortunately, LoA is pretty simplistic. It doesn't offer much help to defeat such doubt working away there in the background. To me, LoA is an extremely weakened form of Magic. To make that work you have to believe 100% that it will. I'm unsure how you could build that into LoA.

Trouble is, the more this happens the more you're expectations are geared toward it going wrong. Perhaps it's time to look at something like Affirmation.
Old 22-09-2018, 07:54 PM
Master
Why I always attract the opposite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIYIPEK
Hello everyone

I just have one question and I wonder if this happens to anyone else.

Whenever I am so grateful about sth I actually start to experience the opposite.

For example when I say thank god I am feeling great today, the very next day I get sick. This happens to me over and over again I became so afraid to be greatful. For example I say thank god my throat feels fine. The next day I get sore throat. This is more than coincidence definitely attraction but why it cannot work in a positive way.

GIYIPEK

"Why I always attract the opposite?"

There is a chapter in the book, 1st referenced below, that precisely answers your question, entitled, "The Law of Reversed Effort & Why You Get the Opposite of What You Pray for", right on page 78 of 171!!

Basically it states that "When your desires and your imagination are in conflict, your imagination invariably gains the day".

What does that have to do with you?

I invite you to see why for yourself, but most especially for you to understand how the REAL answer pertains to the difference between the words you consciously say to yourself.....

...... and what you subconsciously feel when you say or think them.

When you understand THAT, it will be abundantly clear that when one refers to desires "spoken" and imagination "felt", WHY it is that "imagination invariably gains the day".

Any child, deeply immersed in "play-acting", instinctively acts as if IMAGINATION FELT, (not mere words spoken or thought) is why it's so fun to do, and every adult should have been taught to remember it. Why? Well, what do you think "play" is, if not imagining that what you feel is real?

That's why.

"As a man thinks, so is he" is powerless compared to "As a man feels, so is he".

Thinking may provide the direction, but it is feeling that provides the power!!! Do you see?

Fortunately, you can re-teach and re-empower yourself to BE (not merely attract) what you desire.

"You never attract that which you want, but always attract that which you are conscious of being."

See how here: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...7&postcount=53 "The Power of Your Subconscious Mind"

See why here: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...3&postcount=74 "Feeling is the Secret"
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 23-09-2018 at 03:28 AM.
Old 03-10-2018, 04:07 PM
Master

I used to write a "script" I would recite in to myself to keep the bad thoughts/imagination at bay. It helped immensely.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:59 PM
I really like this guy Gavin and his Youtubes...if you have clicked onto this topic...hope this can help.
http://wakeupfulfilled.com/law-of-at...o-good-people/

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-11-2018, 06:25 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder

Manifesting something requires you to be more patient and faithful in achieving your desires. However, you should also not be obsessive about it.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:17 AM
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
Thinking may provide the direction, but it is feeling that provides the power!!! Do you see?"

See why here: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...3&postcount=74 "Feeling is the Secret"

Everyone should buy the thin book, "Feeling is the Secret"....carry it in your car,
have another at your bed...get every word into your mind, believe what he is saying.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-11-2018, 07:21 PM
Master

Your subconscious creates your reality from your beliefs and your emotions. The stronger the belief, and the more intense the emotion, the more likely they'll manifest in your reality in a similar way. This reality creation process doesn't know your conscious wishes.

When you're thankful that you don't have a sore throat (and you can't hide your feelings from your subconscious), it inherently conveys the message that you're afraid that your throat will be sore, that you expect your throat to be sore. That is a more intense emotion, and impresses your subconscious more.

You have to wish whatever is good to you, and really expect it to happen (some people support the idea of imagining that it already happened, but that's very difficult, because you can't lie to yourself).

A better way is to communicate to your subconscious what you want it to create in your reality. You can do that when you're falling asleep, and when you're waking up, when your conscious and subconscious are in better communication. You can also communicate with your subconscious in trance (while meditating, or under hypnosis).
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:45 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Your subconscious creates your reality from your beliefs and your emotions.
The stronger the belief, and the more intense the emotion, the more likely they'll manifest
in your reality in a similar way.
This reality creation process doesn't know your conscious wishes.

This is IT!!!!! .....everyone re-read this.