Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 28-01-2012, 05:46 AM
Ambermay

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlight1216
Hi. :) Im a medical student. Every day I see lots of people. Sometimes I care so much for some of them and ignore others due to tiredness. And my shifts are so busy with lots of new patients while others aren't that busy.

Sometimes I wonder why am I being drawn to medicine, because I didn't want to be a doctor at first although now Im happy about my life but Im wondering who was I in my past lives that I have to see and help ( or not ) this many people in this life? Did I hurt these people in my past lives? I know that every single person that I see or communicate in my life is related to my past and there is a reason why they are here...

I would really like to know your opinion about this to help me be a better person in this life. :) Thanks.

There is a book by T L Rampa by the title 'I Believe' that basically revolves around this issue. If you haven't read it already - try to read it (especially the second part where the guy was destined to be a doctor by what he did in previous life).

Of course this is not always karma (true what others mentioned).
Also, we are reborn to learn our own lessons, and by my belief we are the ones who choose our own path suitable to our soul evolution.

When we come here we are not suppose to remember our past lives and what we have been in the past should not determine how good a person we can be now. If we knew all that was before - how could we learn our lessons properly? This would be like cheating on the exam papers...

Though there are cases when people remember their past life or lives, but they sure have some special task for that.
Old 30-01-2012, 02:55 AM
Herr Kommandant

Quote:
Hi. :) Im a medical student. Every day I see lots of people. Sometimes I care so much for some of them and ignore others due to tiredness. And my shifts are so busy with lots of new patients while others aren't that busy.

Sometimes I wonder why am I being drawn to medicine, because I didn't want to be a doctor at first although now Im happy about my life but Im wondering who was I in my past lives that I have to see and help ( or not ) this many people in this life? Did I hurt these people in my past lives? I know that every single person that I see or communicate in my life is related to my past and there is a reason why they are here...

I would really like to know your opinion about this to help me be a better person in this life. :) Thanks.

Hello!~
I think your points are AMAZING!~
Two of my best friends and another person tied in with one of them ( they're just an acquaintance to me ) are all tied into the same past life! I think this is why we are all drawn together and our relationships with each other are so similar to that of how they were then, only the only difference is that our current day selves tend to love each other, and who we were tends to make us clash occasionally. I'm not going into detail here, because not many people I think would care to know....
But I really dot think everyone is in your life for a reason, regardless of past lives....However! I think if you find the people you were related too in a past life it can be wonderful! A tie from something so much greater and beyond yourself can make those ties the strongest of all.

I don't think you've hurt these people, buuuut I think maybe evaluating why you want to go into medicine might help you figure out if you hurt people or not.
I saw a post on another website where a man mentioned being afraid of water, and that usually he could look at water, just not touch it, but he went to visit the Atlantic Ocean and he couldn't even look at it. He thinks that he died horribly in the Atlantic Ocean, so, perhaps maybe you were a doctor in a past life, and you didn't so much harm the people, but maybe they died under your care and you are desensitizing yourself to it.
If you'd like to know more or chat you can just message me. I'm up for it anytime!
Old 01-02-2012, 04:03 PM
moonlight1216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambermay
There is a book by T L Rampa by the title 'I Believe' that basically revolves around this issue. If you haven't read it already - try to read it (especially the second part where the guy was destined to be a doctor by what he did in previous life).

Of course this is not always karma (true what others mentioned).
Also, we are reborn to learn our own lessons, and by my belief we are the ones who choose our own path suitable to our soul evolution.

When we come here we are not suppose to remember our past lives and what we have been in the past should not determine how good a person we can be now. If we knew all that was before - how could we learn our lessons properly? This would be like cheating on the exam papers...

Though there are cases when people remember their past life or lives, but they sure have some special task for that.
Thanks for ur response. I will read the book you mentioned. i have another Q. If we are not supposed to know about our past lives what is the point of reincarnation.. If we knew about our mistakes in the past wouldn't be easier to grow?
Old 01-02-2012, 04:12 PM
moonlight1216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Kommandant
Hello!~
I think your points are AMAZING!~
Two of my best friends and another person tied in with one of them ( they're just an acquaintance to me ) are all tied into the same past life! I think this is why we are all drawn together and our relationships with each other are so similar to that of how they were then, only the only difference is that our current day selves tend to love each other, and who we were tends to make us clash occasionally. I'm not going into detail here, because not many people I think would care to know....
But I really dot think everyone is in your life for a reason, regardless of past lives....However! I think if you find the people you were related too in a past life it can be wonderful! A tie from something so much greater and beyond yourself can make those ties the strongest of all.

I don't think you've hurt these people, buuuut I think maybe evaluating why you want to go into medicine might help you figure out if you hurt people or not.
I saw a post on another website where a man mentioned being afraid of water, and that usually he could look at water, just not touch it, but he went to visit the Atlantic Ocean and he couldn't even look at it. He thinks that he died horribly in the Atlantic Ocean, so, perhaps maybe you were a doctor in a past life, and you didn't so much harm the people, but maybe they died under your care and you are desensitizing yourself to it.
If you'd like to know more or chat you can just message me. I'm up for it anytime!
Thank you so much for your response. I really appreciate it. I do really like to know if some of my dear ones were in my past lives too.. I know that my mom was. But I really would like to know if my current boyfriend was there too because we have so much history and I always felt weird around him as if we knew each other for a long time.. Do you think knowing about these thing help us grow?
Old 01-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Ambermay

Quote:
Thanks for ur response. I will read the book you mentioned. i have another Q. If we are not supposed to know about our past lives what is the point of reincarnation.. If we knew about our mistakes in the past wouldn't be easier to grow?

You see - that's the whole point -it'd be so much easier, but in the end it would serve little if no value to our personal growth. We don't always choose the easy path to grow before we incarnate again.

If we knew about our past lives and all mistakes we made in the past - there would be little of value to our current experiences here.

If we knew what we did and what we are meant to fix - we would just go through it and not look back. That would be too easy and nice. I think that it was not meant to be easy.

I believe we choose to come back again for the reason to re-learn the lessons we didn't learn well in previous lives. And being unaware of what was there then - would be the right thing. For if we knew what we are meant to do now - what good would this be for a real lesson?

I myself wish so much I'd know what I was meant to do in this current life, but once again - that knowledge of my past lives would not benefit me, and it'd diminish the experience I'm suppose to have now.

Say - if I knew - it'd be so much easier to live my current life and not struggle so much (perhaps I have intended to struggle before I have incarnated again here).

Just in-case - all the books by TLR are free on the web now.
Here is the link to them: http://www.lobsangrampa.org/research.html#Bel

They are not easy to read though, but one can try. They might help you to understand some of things.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Herr Kommandant

Quote:
Thank you so much for your response. I really appreciate it. I do really like to know if some of my dear ones were in my past lives too.. I know that my mom was. But I really would like to know if my current boyfriend was there too because we have so much history and I always felt weird around him as if we knew each other for a long time.. Do you think knowing about these thing help us grow?

That's cool that your mom was!~ If any of my family was I would never know. It's very possible he could be, and that could be why you're drawn to him. I tried dating someone from my past life once, it didn't work out for other reasons, but we thought it might because of the relationship between who we once were. It dose give us a very strong bond though, and even though we've tried dating twice and broken up, we've stayed really close and can't seem to live without each other in our lives. :)
That would be super neat if your boyfriend was in your past life, but like, kind of casually ask him about what he thinks about past lives, and if he seems really chill and accepting you might want to bring it up and see how he feels...and as allot of people have been telling me, a medium could probably really help to see if you two are connected!~ Learning those things can definitely help you grow.....and it would be wonderful to grow as a couple if possible~

Like...In my group of 3 that were related, I was like instant best friends with one of them....I'd never met them EVER...they lived all the way over seas and I didn't even know they'd existed until last year, but it's like we instantly knew each other on a deep level...The other one is funny because of the past life relationships between us it was kind of just a sexual thing apparently, but some serious Stockholm syndrome is there, because the instant she met me she loved me from the start....and the instant we met...I wanted to kill her. xD; She gets on my nerves allot, but there's this big part of me that just wants to nurture her and be there for her....and humor her.....Sooo there's just an example. :3